Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So if Chance Lovertich beats out Will Rogers....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    Until we can put an O-Line that can block better these are going to continue being dreams
    Oline is certainly important, but QB has to help them some. Hell, leach just said he'd like to see will avoid some of the sacks. He could avoid em with the 2 things I said he's lacking in: athleticism and quicker decision making

vCash
    We'll see how big of a jump he makes this year. Robertson has way more arm talent but because he came in June, he's way behind. Will seems to be a hard worker and a leader, so I'm hoping he takes a step forward this year. I have concerns about his arm talent and decision making too, but I think he's kinda our option by default this year. Next year will be the real battle.

vCash
    Madkin was a redshirt freshman in 98 right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    The best QB that never won anything. Doesn't say much.
    Trevor Lawrence, Tua, Cam Newton, Patrick Mahommes, Johnny Football, Dak, etc.
    That is who we should be comparing him to. Every other QB is a bunch of losers that fell short of our ultimate goals.

We need to stop comparing him to our best, and start comparing our players to the best nationwide. Cause that is what it is going to take to compete.
    Absolutely one of the worst posts I've ever read on this board. I will never take anything you say seriously after this. It takes more than a quarterback to win national championships. Just because they didn't win it all doesn't make them losers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Oline is certainly important, but QB has to help them some. Hell, leach just said he'd like to see will avoid some of the sacks. He could avoid em with the 2 things I said he's lacking in: athleticism and quicker decision making
    Schrader had both of those and we see how that worked out for him ... fwiw- I was pissed that we didn't start Schrader and hated to see him leave. I have faith that Will can and will take hold of this offense
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Madkin was a redshirt freshman in 98 right?
    Coulda been

vCash
    Some of you take criticism of will Rogers way too personal.
    Some of us know how to put things into perspective and not just look up stats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Some of us know how to put things into perspective and not just look up stats.
    Maybe so. So you predicting a 4-year starter out of will?

vCash
    I tend to stay away from making predictions without having ample knowledge of the situation. Like predicting W/L now. I see some things in Will that tell me he can be special. But he has to continue to improve - And I believe he will but to what degree. But this offensive scheme will have to improve as well in my opinion. Midway through this season we will all have a better idea. And if Will Starts as a junior, he will not have a senior season. Any kid that can command the room as a freshman has the ability to be special.
    Last edited by Cowbell; 08-17-2021 at 12:12 PM.

vCash
    Until we can put an O-Line that can block better these are going to continue being dreams
    This is the correct answer. If you don't give the QB time to throw, he isn't going to be very productive, no matter who the QB is. The OL has been a problem for State for many years.

vCash
    Last 4 year starter I remember was John Bond .... Even Dak wasn't a 4 year starter.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Obviously it's just a guess, and I could be totally wrong. I just see a guy with avg (or below) arm strength and avg (or below) athleticism. This can be overcome by really good, quick decision making and outstanding accuracy. Maybe he has this ability.

I wanna see a guy that make a team defend the whole field and make a pass rusher miss.
    Tom Brady

vCash
    If I was a betting man, I?d bet that Will is the starter for next three years. As long as Leach is the coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    If I was a betting man, I?d bet that Will is the starter for next three years. As long as Leach is the coach.
    I was impressed with Rogers' accuracy last year. If we can give him time to throw and the receivers can get a little separation, I think he can be very good.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    No offense, I love Dak. We never won anything significant with him either with your same thought process
    That?s true. But he did take us to #1. You are right though. He didn?t win anything of note.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    This is the correct answer. If you don't give the QB time to throw, he isn't going to be very productive, no matter who the QB is. The OL has been a problem for State for many years.
    Yep. But some like Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahommes overcomes OL play. We basically need a Superman back there. Not too much to ask.

vCash
    No offense, I love Dak. We never won anything significant with him either with your same thought process
    Only difference was that Dak took us to where we need to be. A threat to win every game we play. The talk of the nation. People know MSU because of Dak. He single handily upped the property values in Starkville. Seriously, dude changed the town. Imagine if we had 12 straight years of Dak type of player production and leadership on the field.

vCash
    Either way, I am looking for 7k passing yards and 1500 rushing out of one guy. As close as we can get to it. Do it, and we win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I was impressed with Rogers' accuracy last year. If we can give him time to throw and the receivers can get a little separation, I think he can be very good.
    Sorta my point... surround him with better players, and they'll lift him up. With this offense, we need a qb that will lift up those around him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Either way, I am looking for 7k passing yards and 1500 rushing out of one guy. As close as we can get to it. Do it, and we win.
    So 1200 yards more in a season than the current CFB record? along with breaking MSU's single season rushing record by a couple of hundred yards? You are on crack.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18