Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stone County H/S now virtual

vCash

Stone County H/S now virtual

c'mon admin. just go online til this thing burns out. Stop start stop not gonna work

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    That means no sports if you do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    c'mon admin. just go online til this thing burns out. Stop start stop not gonna work
    When will it burn out???

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    It will reduce to a slow burn smoulder. It will not burn out.
    There is only one way for it to burn out, and we are no where near the right state of mind to do it nor could we even do it.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    That means no sports if you do.
    This is the problem. Schools are putting football ahead of health, in some cases. I?m not a sky is falling guy and I?m in a classroom full of teens everyday. But it seems that the regs were written during this thing lookin like it was in the right track and now we are holding fast to that even with this current surge.

Not sure what is the absolute best path but it appears a week or 3 of virtual would be in order to see if this spike is as short lived as some believe. Then on the other hand if it runs thru at a fast rate we may get to where we need to be quicker.

I don?t know the answer

I do know that forcing employees to stay home AND use their own leave days is dumb with the current knowledge of vaccinated still getting it and being sent home.
    Last edited by shoeless joe; 08-11-2021 at 04:41 PM.

vCash
    The CDC said a month ago that in person schooling was necessary even if schools were not following or were not able to follow all protocols.

Because, like most, I believe there is an understanding that "virtual" learning isn't doing a very good job teaching students.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Virtual does not work. Hopefully just a pause for them. Most all docs agree kids should be in school

vCash
    Virtual learning works well for high-achieving students, but not as well for the others. I suspect that most schools will be virtual in the next couple of weeks. A few weeks of virtual learning, when combined with the increase number of people getting vaccinated, may put us over the hump.
    Last edited by Dolphus Raymond; 08-11-2021 at 05:22 PM.

vCash
    My daughter did well at virtual, but the instruction was pretty much nonexistent since teachers really didn?t have the system in place to give proper presentations. The biggest issue is that it doesn?t work well for certain age groups.

It worked for my daughter because I could sit with her and keep her on task. For parents that do not have that possibility, their kids got off track pretty quick.

vCash
    As I typed this, I was just notified a student in my girl?s 3rd grade class tested positive. Day 4. Great.

vCash
    Covid is here for the duration. China engineered it to keep mutating into variants.

vCash
    Will you please lay-off the China BS. Every thread referencing COVID finds you chiming in on that BS. Go post on Mypillow.com or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Covid is here for the duration. China engineered it to keep mutating into variants.
    Maybe they did but probably not. You don't HAVE to engineer viruses to mutate. They do it naturally.

vCash
    I'm afraid within a couple of weeks they will all be virtual. The schools made their plans like this was last years virus. It's not. It's WAY more contagious and it affects kids both more often and harder. Starting school right now mostly without masks was a MONUMENTAL screw up. It probably shouldn't have started now anyway, but without masks was just plain stupid, and dangerous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    It will reduce to a slow burn smoulder. It will not burn out.
    There is only one way for it to burn out, and we are no where near the right state of mind to do it nor could we even do it.
    This ain't smallpox or mumps. Respiratory viruses are not stopped by a vaccine and we don't have a vaccine either.

Natural immunity and use treatments we already have that are affective. That is how you beat this. Lockdown, masks, and a shot ain't gonna fix this. Natural immunity in study out of Israel is 7X more effective than vaccine. I am not anti vax/shot, those at risk should get it.

vCash
    I will need to see the study you are referring to
    https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...infection-rate

This one says it is 2.6% breakthrough cases. 39 out of about 1500 vaccinated healthcare workers. These people are up close and personal with the virus every single day with people with high viral load.

Also, we do have a vaccine. It has been proven correct at its 90+ efficacy rate. antibody loads have been studied to the hilt. It works. Not 100% but it works. Studies are still underway looking at the length of time for antibody loads to drop. Studies are also underway about the protection without boosters against variants.

One thing is 100% clear. Vaccine protection is safer than contracting the virus and gaining immunity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/23/s...el-pfizer.html

NY times, states the data appears that Pfizer shot wanes over time. Still protects against major life threatening infection, but may (and I highlight the word MAY) lose its effectiveness to keep someone from contracting COVID Delta. This has been seen in a few locations but is not, and I repeat not widespread, but should and clearly is being watched and evaluated.

So, the data still seems to indicate that the vaccines work. They have worked for months on end. They continue to work. As new information comes out, I am sure they will adjust our approach, give boosters, etc.

In other words, the sky is not falling. If you want info to make your case against a vaccine, I am sure you can find it. But the clear numbers always show that people without the vaccine are far, far, far worse off than with the vaccine by a huge statistical factor.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    This ain't smallpox or mumps. Respiratory viruses are not stopped by a vaccine and we don't have a vaccine either.

Natural immunity and use treatments we already have that are affective. That is how you beat this. Lockdown, masks, and a shot ain't gonna fix this. Natural immunity in study out of Israel is 7X more effective than vaccine. I am not anti vax/shot, those at risk should get it.
    https://www.jpost.com/health-science...d-study-676109

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-cdc...-immune-boost/

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ms/5536638001/

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...nt-believe-it/

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...m-the-disease/

vCash
    I will also add, Starkville schools just sent out a threatening letter about how they had more cases in 2 days in the district than they did in any 3 combined weeks last year.

They will shut this shit down. People need to cut out the shit and limit their exposure, limit their kids exposure, for the foreseeable future.

Or little Susie is going to sitting next to you at your office, learning remotely, with about 330 live instructional minutes a day.

The vaccine cannot be cleared for kids under 12 fast enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I will also add, Starkville schools just sent out a threatening letter about how they had more cases in 2 days in the district than they did in any 3 combined weeks last year.

They will shut this shit down. People need to cut out the shit and limit their exposure, limit their kids exposure, for the foreseeable future.

Or little Susie is going to sitting next to you at your office, learning remotely, with about 330 live instructional minutes a day.

The vaccine cannot be cleared for kids under 12 fast enough.
    We deserve this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    We deserve this.
    No we don?t. Our kids deserve to go to school and learn with direct instruction, and dammit spend time with their friends.

To everyone out there, please get the shot. The science is crystal clear it helps. There will always be contrary information out there. 4.5 billion doses of vaccine do not lie. It is safe, safer than getting COVID. It?s easy. Cheaper than a hospital stay and serves the common good.

Please, please, please get the vaccine. If you have kids over 12, have them get it. Convince your neighbor to get it. Hell, if you own a large cat, give it to them.