Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: OM reaches 100% Vax Rate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Also, lost in all of this. Closing the Mexico border is very difficult. If not, why didn't Trump, W, Clinton, Obama, Reagan, Carter, Dwight D, Lyndon Johnson, Nixon do it?

I will give my ideas on the subject, so remember this is my opinion.

1. First and foremost, the government should crack down damn hard on people that employ illegal immigrants. Verified Status immediately.
    2. We should have active survelliance along with state organized/federally funded patrols that deal with people humanly but swiftly.
    3. Birthright citizenship should be eliminated by non-citizens parents.
    4. Foreign worker visa program needs to be expanded and additional responsibilities placed on employers to ensure compliance.
    5. No federal or state aid to foreign workers or their families, unless they are paying their flat local tax and federal taxes.
    6. 25% federal tax on all money earned. 15% State tax on all money earned. Both without SS benefits, both without the possibility to get that money returned. You make $100 dollars, fed gets 25 and the state gets $15. Period.
    7. Any felony, you and your entire family is gone and none can re-enter unless there is an appeal to the immigration court. The person convicted is never allowed in the country again.
    8. Any person caught bipassing this system, will be banned for 10 years and subject to a felony if entering the country again illegally.
    9. Any person smuggling someone in, felony.
    10. If they pay their taxes, do not break the law, and complete public service requirements, they can earn their way to citizenship over 8 years.

That is fair, doesn't waste our citizen's tax dollars, and provides a way for the well behaved future citizens to get to citizenship.

Visas are for the workers only. Families can stay in Mexico or wherever. They can have a different path to the US, but they pay their way for school and they have to have healthcare.
    Matter of fact, everyone coming into this country shall be required to have an ACA approved healthcare plan.

Cost of doing business in the US. Even for work visa immigrants and families.
    I agree with this. Good points.

vCash
    Well, I am sure they are just referring to closing out borders against illegal entrance. Which I believe all Americans can agree with. I agree that vaccine cards should be required at a minimum.
    Here's my proposal:

I grew up in AR so when I came to State, I paid out of state tuition to make up for my family not paying into MS economy my first 18 years. I think it should be the same at the southern border. I don't think we would get to much resistance either. All can come if they are willing to pay an "out of country" tax in addition to normal taxes. Small price to pay to not have to worry about getting kicked out of the country.

If it makes everyone feel better, we could mandatory vaccinate them on the way in also.

vCash
    I think vaccinating people on the way in is the way to go. If they refuse, they don't get it.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Slow clap, Buckethead!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Slow clap, Buckethead!
    Man, I am not totally unreasonable as a die hard Democrat. I generally want pretty much all the same things most Americans want, but getting there is always the issue.
    Borders are serious business. I am have been in about 18 countries, and guess what... most of their borders are taken seriously. Not so much since the formation of the EU, but even then you better have your papers ready.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I mean you could put me and Jack Lambert in a room and I bet we could solve maybe half of the damn issues politicians have been bitching about in about a weekend. And probably have most of it paid for as well.
    We would eliminate probably half of the wedge issues on day one. We would establish a stronger state's rights doctrine and more clearly define the federal government's responsibilities. Personal responsibility would be a focus, along with don't bash people that need a helping hand, that are willing to help themselves. A bunch of people are going to be left wondering why we have forsaken them, and then they will realize that they can help themselves.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I mean you could put me and Jack Lambert in a room and I bet we could solve maybe half of the damn issues politicians have been bitching about in about a weekend. And probably have most of it paid for as well.
    We would eliminate probably half of the wedge issues on day one. We would establish a stronger state's rights doctrine and more clearly define the federal government's responsibilities. Personal responsibility would be a focus, along with don't bash people that need a helping hand, that are willing to help themselves. A bunch of people are going to be left wondering why we have forsaken them, and then they will realize that they can help themselves.
    The key point there is y'all aren't politicians.I guarantee just like you said regular folks with differing views could get together and get things worked out and solved. Politicians are way to self centered, egotistical, narcissistic and power hungry to ever compromise with folks that have differing views.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    We could have been further ahead last year. Along with the rest of the world.
    And I'm asking how we would be further ahead if we knew about it sooner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    The key point there is y'all aren't politicians.I guarantee just like you said regular folks with differing views could get together and get things worked out and solved. Politicians are way to self centered, egotistical, narcissistic and power hungry to ever compromise with folks that have differing views.
    It?s not even the self centered part of being a politician that is the issue. They have to make so many promises to get enough money and in enough fund raising dinners that the promises made to voters and the original ideas that made you run in the first place is the easiest to break.

Not to mention, the second you put an R or D next to your name you have to submit to the platform and conform, or else you get a primary challenger with impossibly deep pockets that did conform.

Money influence makes it a losing game for normal tax paying engaged citizens.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    And I'm asking how we would be further ahead if we knew about it sooner.
    By the time Wuhan was shutting down, it was already out. No idea how we could be in any better situation today if we knew about it Dec1 versus Dec 30th. It was already out by then. Just took a couple weeks to start hitting the hospitals.

But that is only based off the timeline as I understand it.

vCash
    It?s not even the self centered part of being a politician that is the issue. They have to make so many promises to get enough money and in enough fund raising dinners that the promises made to voters and the original ideas that made you run in the first place is the easiest to break.

Not to mention, the second you put an R or D next to your name you have to submit to the platform and conform, or else you get a primary challenger with impossibly deep pockets that did conform.

Money influence makes it a losing game for normal tax paying engaged citizens.
    You are correct. Sir!

vCash
    This is simply a case of people not wanting to be told what to do. 96% of doctors are vaccinated. Do you think they would really be doing it if they didn't have data to back it up? If you have some anecdote that your doctor (not chiropractor) told you not to, I would stop going to them.

Anyone wise enough to read past political headlines and make a decision for themselves can find out the vaccine never completely prevented you from actually getting this virus. It amazes me that people who shout things like this is a "Mexican border issue" think they are free-thinking and not being controlled by the media/politics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Because I?m tired of living in a state where the governor says ?It?s not about science? and a football coach (like most Mississippians) thinks he has more knowledge of this virus than decades experienced epidemiologist. Ask your doctor.

AND it?s not political. It?s science. Get vaccinated!
    If it is about science then why did the science people, MSM and the Internet guardians nix therapeutics? They are working now and would have saved thousands of lives. But there was no money in it for the pharmacy, Wall Street or the rich elites. Why do people who have had Covid need to be vaxed? It"s not science. It's money. The vax is only good for about 6 months or so. You'll be getting a booster first of next year.

vCash
    Also, lost in all of this. Closing the Mexico border is very difficult. If not, why didn't Trump, W, Clinton, Obama, Reagan, Carter, Dwight D, Lyndon Johnson, Nixon do it?

I will give my ideas on the subject, so remember this is my opinion.

1. First and foremost, the government should crack down damn hard on people that employ illegal immigrants. Verified Status immediately.
    2. We should have active survelliance along with state organized/federally funded patrols that deal with people humanly but swiftly.
    3. Birthright citizenship should be eliminated by non-citizens parents.
    4. Foreign worker visa program needs to be expanded and additional responsibilities placed on employers to ensure compliance.
    5. No federal or state aid to foreign workers or their families, unless they are paying their flat local tax and federal taxes.
    6. 25% federal tax on all money earned. 15% State tax on all money earned. Both without SS benefits, both without the possibility to get that money returned. You make $100 dollars, fed gets 25 and the state gets $15. Period.
    7. Any felony, you and your entire family is gone and none can re-enter unless there is an appeal to the immigration court. The person convicted is never allowed in the country again.
    8. Any person caught bipassing this system, will be banned for 10 years and subject to a felony if entering the country again illegally.
    9. Any person smuggling someone in, felony.
    10. If they pay their taxes, do not break the law, and complete public service requirements, they can earn their way to citizenship over 8 years.

That is fair, doesn't waste our citizen's tax dollars, and provides a way for the well behaved future citizens to get to citizenship.

Visas are for the workers only. Families can stay in Mexico or wherever. They can have a different path to the US, but they pay their way for school and they have to have healthcare.
    Matter of fact, everyone coming into this country shall be required to have an ACA approved healthcare plan.

Cost of doing business in the US. Even for work visa immigrants and families.
    I'm not asking to make an argument, I'm just curious about numbers 8 & 9.

So when they get a felony, do they get deported or do they get tossed into our prison system that our tax money goes towards?

If it's deported, then why would they care if they have a felony in the US if they just get sent back to Mexico? It would be just collecting signatures and "See ya again next week Jos?".

If it's using tax payers money to hold illegal immigrant prisoners then I don't see any effectiveness of these two points.

vCash
    Has anybody heard from Tate Reeves lately? Any sightings or is he sending owls in to the office?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastratdog View Post
    If it is about science then why did the science people, MSM and the Internet guardians nix therapeutics? They are working now and would have saved thousands of lives. But there was no money in it for the pharmacy, Wall Street or the rich elites. Why do people who have had Covid need to be vaxed? It"s not science. It's money. The vax is only good for about 6 months or so. You'll be getting a booster first of next year.
    Because there was no evidence - meaning scientific study - that indicated that therapeutics worked. Now, that doesn't mean that doing things that naturally boost your immune system is bad, but it does mean that quacks shouldn't be out boosting them as a cure all or a way to not get the virus (and that was happening). That being said - when I was in the hospital on O2 and getting a Remdesivir treatment daily for COVID, they gave me Vitamin C & D, Zinc, and 2-3 other therapeutics to help me naturally fight the virus via my immune system.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Man, I am not totally unreasonable as a die hard Democrat. I generally want pretty much all the same things most Americans want, but getting there is always the issue.
    Borders are serious business. I am have been in about 18 countries, and guess what... most of their borders are taken seriously. Not so much since the formation of the EU, but even then you better have your papers ready.
    lol Sounds like you are more conservative than a democrat my friend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Because there was no evidence - meaning scientific study - that indicated that therapeutics worked. Now, that doesn't mean that doing things that naturally boost your immune system is bad, but it does mean that quacks shouldn't be out boosting them as a cure all or a way to not get the virus (and that was happening). That being said - when I was in the hospital on O2 and getting a Remdesivir treatment daily for COVID, they gave me Vitamin C & D, Zinc, and 2-3 other therapeutics to help me naturally fight the virus via my immune system.
    Very curious, how did all of that work? Obviously you are here so that's awesome! But, Were they just throwing darts at a wall and hoping something sticks? Or did they at the end say " O man, looks like the elevated levels of this thing from vitamin C & D really beat this thing?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Very curious, how did all of that work? Obviously you are here so that's awesome! But, Were they just throwing darts at a wall and hoping something sticks? Or did they at the end say " O man, looks like the elevated levels of this thing from vitamin C & D really beat this thing?"
    This was last October. My Dr told me that basically Dr.'s had been crowdsourcing data and sharing information across the country working to develop treatment protocols for the different ways that COVID presents itself.
    Obviously, doctors know well established therapeutics that assist and treat certain symptoms. That is why they are doctors and I am not. The point of the therapeutics was entirely about using known immunity boosters to enable the body to better fight the virus, which in turn would help the Remdesivir be more effective.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastratdog View Post
    You're being fed that information purely by the media, ironically. Many of the therapeutics that people think are being censored have been thoroughly proven ineffective in actual studies, and the vast majorities of medical professionals will tell you this and have been trying to tell you this. If that changes and studies say otherwise, those same doctors will also follow suit. Portions of the cocktail that Brunswick is mentioning they gave him is not necessarily proven to given benefit on a large scale, but when you're in the hospital with a novel disease they try things (this is also how we figure shit out).

I really wish people would just actually give some thought to what 95% of doctors without a political agenda are saying. Their recommendations are based off evidence to date, and it should be expected to change with time and not be received with a knee-jerk reaction that they don't know what the hell they are talking about.