Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: OM reaches 100% Vax Rate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    The point is that not having the border closed gives some people pause on how serious the government is taking the virus. Thats not a partisan issue its a common sense issue.
    You are correct. Letting millions into the country when thousands of them have Covid and being turned lose into the country and then trying to make people think you are serious about covid does not compute to many people. Then add in all the mix messages coming form the Fauci, CDC and the White House what are you to think? It gets to the point it's all sounds bullshit for one reason or another. What really gives me pause is hearing a Politician tell me we have to wear mask and few days later they are photo in mass group settings with out a mask. I have been Vaccinated. I said what the hell and got both shots.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 08-09-2021 at 01:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I would be surprise if we really hear the real numbers. State seems to be really quiet on players health.
    Thank goodness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    All the fighting amongst of ourselves, and nobody will hold the maker of this virus (regardless of whether it was intentional or neglect, we know where it came from), accountable.

You think of China dropped a bomb that did the damage covid has done there would be any call for accountability and retaliation?
    It would be an interesting affair for our govt. to try to hold Wuhan Lab/China accountable when the US has given millions to the lab for purpose of gain of function testing.

It would be like a gang of armed robbers going to the cops to tell on the one guy that shot people. You many not be as guilty as that guy, but you've still got dirt on your hands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Yep. And it?s the borders and flights, not Mississippi?s 40% vax rate that?s causing problems.
    You're missing the point by 3 miles. The point is that if this administration was actually worried about the virus killing people they would shut down the border just as they have limited traffic from other countries around the world. They also wouldn't be throwing blow out parties for 600+ people maskless in Martha's vineyard and not allowing cell phones or cameras knowing good and well masking and social distancing aren't being followed.

If you want people to buy in you need to be about it, not talk about it. The old adage that action speaks louder than words is still true and if you are lecturing me about kids wearing a mask to school then you sure as hell better have a mask on when you have 600 adults drinking, smoking and partying.

How some of you can't see the hypocrisy or don't care is astounding. I would gladly follow rules if the people making the rules would follow them as well. Just because your senator X doesn't mean that you are allowed to make rules for me and not follow those same rules. We are all US citizens and all have to abide by the same guidelines and laws regardless of if you're a senator, president, or cultural influencer( entertainer).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    It would be an interesting affair for our govt. to try to hold Wuhan Lab/China accountable when the US has given millions to the lab for purpose of gain of function testing.

It would be like a gang of armed robbers going to the cops to tell on the one guy that shot people. You many not be as guilty as that guy, but you've still got dirt on your hands.
    I think that's an excellent point and I've been waiting for someone to make it. China may not be the only one who needs to be held accountable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Yep. And it?s the borders and flights, not Mississippi?s 40% vax rate that?s causing problems.
    So you don't believe the amount of unvaccinated or covid-infected people crossing the border is significant enough to close the border?

vCash
    I have no issue with closing our borders with Mexico and Canada for a period of time. However, it will make little difference I?m afraid.
    Or, do like Canada and only allow the fully vaccinated to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Vaccines work. Simple as that.
    COVID can kill. We do not understand why it effects some but not others.
    Vaccines work. Boosters will come. All but eliminate getting seriously sick with the vaccine.

Take the vaccine, so I don?t have to worry about you in public.

If nothing else, take the free vaccine to eliminate the possibility of picking up a shit ton of medical expenses.

If nothing else, take the vaccine to help a nurse out. They are all 17n tired.
    Legit question, not trying to be an a-hole. If you are vaccinated, why would you be afraid of unvaccinated people in public? You should be good, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    You're missing the point by 3 miles. The point is that if this administration was actually worried about the virus killing people they would shut down the border just as they have limited traffic from other countries around the world. They also wouldn't be throwing blow out parties for 600+ people maskless in Martha's vineyard and not allowing cell phones or cameras knowing good and well masking and social distancing aren't being followed.

If you want people to buy in you need to be about it, not talk about it. The old adage that action speaks louder than words is still true and if you are lecturing me about kids wearing a mask to school then you sure as hell better have a mask on when you have 600 adults drinking, smoking and partying.

How some of you can't see the hypocrisy or don't care is astounding. I would gladly follow rules if the people making the rules would follow them as well. Just because your senator X doesn't mean that you are allowed to make rules for me and not follow those same rules. We are all US citizens and all have to abide by the same guidelines and laws regardless of if you're a senator, president, or cultural influencer( entertainer).
    Your Mets gonna bounce back or they done?

vCash
    When we are talking about closing our borders, are we saying we should bar anyone from entering our country? We could and may have to do just that for a while. The Canadian model of not allowing anyone to enter without an up to date vaccine card would get my vote because it would mitigate the negative economic impacts to some degree.
    I guess I?m not totally clear on what some mean when they say close our borders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrotieMcBoogerBalls View Post
    Legit question, not trying to be an a-hole. If you are vaccinated, why would you be afraid of unvaccinated people in public? You should be good, right?
    To add to your question. If you have the anti bodies why would you be afraid? If we following the science you should not be afraid or have the shot.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    You are correct. Letting millions into the country when thousands of them have Covid and being turned lose into the country and then trying to make people think you are serious about covid does not compute to many people. Then add in all the mix messages coming form the Fauci, CDC and the White House what are you to think? It gets to the point it's all sounds bullshit for one reason or another. What really gives me pause is hearing a Politician tell me we have to wear mask and few days later they are photo in mass group settings with out a mask. I have been Vaccinated. I said what the hell and got both shots.
    That is true. But no matter what the situation, regardless of Covid, the border is going to be an issue. It is an issue if Republicans control the bordering states, it is an issue if Democrats control the bordering states, it is an issue regardless of who is in Congress and the White House.

The simple truth is a wall is not going to fix it. Drones and the like are not going to fix it. There isn't a single thing that can fix it. People want work. People want to build a better life for their families. Not to mention, immigrants can live here without fear of being brutally murdered compared to the situations they are leaving.

Everyone in our country wants the same thing. They want to allow safe entrance to our country for those going through the process. They want those that want to contribute to our society to be able to do that, safely for us and them.

Making becoming a citizen harder isn't the answer. There are so many road blocks in front of people, they would rather just go around them.

What Democrats are doing, isn't working. What Republicans are doing isn't working.

If I were Biden, I would put a task force together that includes the governors of Texas, New Mexico, California, Arkansas, Arizona, and Nevada along with representatives of every region of the US, equal Republican/Democrat/Independent in numbers and tell them to write a new position for the US on immigration. Get the goals written, agreed to, and then let Congress get it done.

We cannot have an immigration policy that flip flops every dang 8 years, but we also cannot have one that cannot respond to unique situations.

Goals - Proposed Solutions - Legislation - Implementation

It cannot be that difficult.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    To add to your question. If you have the anti bodies why would you be afraid? If we following the science you should not be afraid or have the shot.
    Because having antibodies from either previous infections or the vaccine does not fully protect you from contracting the virus and giving it to someone else. This is true and has been true of every single vaccine ever developed in the history of the human race. People typically do not want to be responsible for the sickness or the death of someone they may not even know. Worse if you actually know someone absolutely got it from you, and they heaven forbid die or something.

If everyone does their best, the spread will slow down due to the limitations on severe infections will go down. This is precisely why this vaccine and future vaccines involved with this virus is paramount.

We only have so much we can control. We cannot control people who do not wash their hands, but we can wash ours. We cannot control who we randomly run into public, but we can control how often we are out and about, and we can socially distance. We cannot control if we are actually asymptomatic to the virus, but we can wear a simple clean mask while in public and indoors.

We are the country that put people on the moon and just landed again on Mars. We can handle those 5 simple things to do our part. Vaccine, Mask, Socially Distance, Limit Exposure, Washing Hands.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    When we are talking about closing our borders, are we saying we should bar anyone from entering our country? We could and may have to do just that for a while. The Canadian model of not allowing anyone to enter without an up to date vaccine card would get my vote because it would mitigate the negative economic impacts to some degree.
    I guess I?m not totally clear on what some mean when they say close our borders.
    Well, I am sure they are just referring to closing out borders against illegal entrance. Which I believe all Americans can agree with. I agree that vaccine cards should be required at a minimum.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    That is true. But no matter what the situation, regardless of Covid, the border is going to be an issue. It is an issue if Republicans control the bordering states, it is an issue if Democrats control the bordering states, it is an issue regardless of who is in Congress and the White House.

The simple truth is a wall is not going to fix it. Drones and the like are not going to fix it. There isn't a single thing that can fix it. People want work. People want to build a better life for their families. Not to mention, immigrants can live here without fear of being brutally murdered compared to the situations they are leaving.

Everyone in our country wants the same thing. They want to allow safe entrance to our country for those going through the process. They want those that want to contribute to our society to be able to do that, safely for us and them.

Making becoming a citizen harder isn't the answer. There are so many road blocks in front of people, they would rather just go around them.

What Democrats are doing, isn't working. What Republicans are doing isn't working.

If I were Biden, I would put a task force together that includes the governors of Texas, New Mexico, California, Arkansas, Arizona, and Nevada along with representatives of every region of the US, equal Republican/Democrat/Independent in numbers and tell them to write a new position for the US on immigration. Get the goals written, agreed to, and then let Congress get it done.

We cannot have an immigration policy that flip flops every dang 8 years, but we also cannot have one that cannot respond to unique situations.

Goals - Proposed Solutions - Legislation - Implementation

It cannot be that difficult.
    Rep.

vCash
    Also, lost in all of this. Closing the Mexico border is very difficult. If not, why didn't Trump, W, Clinton, Obama, Reagan, Carter, Dwight D, Lyndon Johnson, Nixon do it?

I will give my ideas on the subject, so remember this is my opinion.

1. First and foremost, the government should crack down damn hard on people that employ illegal immigrants. Verified Status immediately.
    2. We should have active survelliance along with state organized/federally funded patrols that deal with people humanly but swiftly.
    3. Birthright citizenship should be eliminated by non-citizens parents.
    4. Foreign worker visa program needs to be expanded and additional responsibilities placed on employers to ensure compliance.
    5. No federal or state aid to foreign workers or their families, unless they are paying their flat local tax and federal taxes.
    6. 25% federal tax on all money earned. 15% State tax on all money earned. Both without SS benefits, both without the possibility to get that money returned. You make $100 dollars, fed gets 25 and the state gets $15. Period.
    7. Any felony, you and your entire family is gone and none can re-enter unless there is an appeal to the immigration court. The person convicted is never allowed in the country again.
    8. Any person caught bipassing this system, will be banned for 10 years and subject to a felony if entering the country again illegally.
    9. Any person smuggling someone in, felony.
    10. If they pay their taxes, do not break the law, and complete public service requirements, they can earn their way to citizenship over 8 years.

That is fair, doesn't waste our citizen's tax dollars, and provides a way for the well behaved future citizens to get to citizenship.

Visas are for the workers only. Families can stay in Mexico or wherever. They can have a different path to the US, but they pay their way for school and they have to have healthcare.
    Matter of fact, everyone coming into this country shall be required to have an ACA approved healthcare plan.

Cost of doing business in the US. Even for work visa immigrants and families.
    Last edited by Lord McBuckethead; 08-09-2021 at 03:13 PM.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Also, lost in all of this. Closing the Mexico border is very difficult. If not, why didn't Trump, W, Clinton, Obama, Reagan, Carter, Dwight D, Lyndon Johnson, Nixon do it?

I will give my ideas on the subject, so remember this is my opinion.

1. First and foremost, the government should crack down damn hard on people that employ illegal immigrants. Verified Status immediately.
    2. We should have active survelliance along with state organized/federally funded patrols that deal with people humanly but swiftly.
    3. Birthright citizenship should be eliminated by non-citizens parents.
    4. Foreign worker visa program needs to be expanded and additional responsibilities placed on employers to ensure compliance.
    5. No federal or state aid to foreign workers or their families, unless they are paying their flat local tax and federal taxes.
    6. 25% federal tax on all money earned. 15% State tax on all money earned. Both without SS benefits, both without the possibility to get that money returned. You make $100 dollars, fed gets 25 and the state gets $15. Period.
    7. Any felony, you and your entire family is gone and none can re-enter unless there is an appeal to the immigration court. The person convicted is never allowed in the country again.
    8. Any person caught bipassing this system, will be banned for 10 years and subject to a felony if entering the country again illegally.
    9. Any person smuggling someone in, felony.
    10. If they pay their taxes, do not break the law, and complete public service requirements, they can earn their way to citizenship over 8 years.

That is fair, doesn't waste our citizen's tax dollars, and provides a way for the well behaved future citizens to get to citizenship.
    We may not agree on some things, but 100% agree with you on this. Rep Given.

vCash
    Because having antibodies from either previous infections or the vaccine does not fully protect you from contracting the virus and giving it to someone else. This is true and has been true of every single vaccine ever developed in the history of the human race. People typically do not want to be responsible for the sickness or the death of someone they may not even know. Worse if you actually know someone absolutely got it from you, and they heaven forbid die or something.

If everyone does their best, the spread will slow down due to the limitations on severe infections will go down. This is precisely why this vaccine and future vaccines involved with this virus is paramount.

We only have so much we can control. We cannot control people who do not wash their hands, but we can wash ours. We cannot control who we randomly run into public, but we can control how often we are out and about, and we can socially distance. We cannot control if we are actually asymptomatic to the virus, but we can wear a simple clean mask while in public and indoors.

We are the country that put people on the moon and just landed again on Mars. We can handle those 5 simple things to do our part. Vaccine, Mask, Socially Distance, Limit Exposure, Washing Hands.
    Deleted. I am tired of the debate that changes no opinions and just makes people have hard feelings.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 08-09-2021 at 03:21 PM.

vCash
    Wait. Why won?t a Wall work! Every 40 feet, have a Texas Ranger with a Gatling Gun on top of the wall. That should be a decent deterrent.

My other suggestion would be to just give the California. They automatically become one of the strongest Economies in the World.

vCash
    All I know is if they start to limit compacity in stadium I am backing out. My seats last season sucked.