Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OM reaches 100% Vax Rate

vCash
    Well my wife, myself, my oldest daughter have all been vaccinated AND now have all had covid(delta). We had mild symptoms. Mine actually started with vomiting and diarrhea and then the other symptoms followed. Was really like a very bad cold for all of us. The fatigue and aches were the worst part but thankfully nothing major.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    All the fighting amongst of ourselves, and nobody will hold the maker of this virus (regardless of whether it was intentional or neglect, we know where it came from), accountable.

You think of China dropped a bomb that did the damage covid has done there would be any call for accountability and retaliation?
    Nobody has said the border is THE reason for this surge. But there are thousands of people coming across the border with the virus and we have chosen to allow them in. And they are unvaccinated.

Unfortunately, that makes it harder to get across to people that this virus is a serious deal that must be stopped AND that you should get vaccinated.
    True on all counts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Well my wife, myself, my oldest daughter have all been vaccinated AND now have all had covid(delta). We had mild symptoms. Mine actually started with vomiting and diarrhea and then the other symptoms followed. Was really like a very bad cold for all of us. The fatigue and aches were the worst part but thankfully nothing major.
    How long from onset of symptoms did it last?

vCash
    So that's Friday, sat, and Sunday cases. So 2300 a day in cases. Which I believe is lower than Thursday and friday. So that's good.
    Looks like last weekend averaged 1665 cases daily.
    The best case stat to look at is the seven day rolling average. That evens out the fluctuations due to clinics being closed on the weekends and data dumps during the mid week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'll get this in before the thread gets locked.

This isn't a political debate. I'm a card-carrying Republican. But when I see healthy, middle aged people dying from covid, that tells me that this isn't a "hoax." The vaccine decreases your chances of dying drastically. Can you still die from it? Sure. Do we know the long term effects of the vaccine? Nope. But I'm willing to take that risk if it means I decrease the chances of leaving my kids without a father.

If you believe in something, you can look up enough info to back whatever it is up. Im not telling anyone how to believe. I just encourage you to look at the broad picture of the current landscape and form your opinion based on that instead of sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming at the top of your lungs.

Amen to this 100 times. I can?t rep you but I am agreeing whole hearted with you.

I had Covid in November and it sucked. Way worse than the flu but luckily I didn?t have to be hospitalized. We are dealing with it at work and our offshore numbers show that we have had more Covid flights in past 3 months than we had all of 2020 combined. Plus over 80 percent of our flights we brought in were admittedly unvaccinated.

People can say cite your source all you want but I am not releasing company sensitive information but it is the truth.

Protect your family both now and in the future take the vaccine and stop trying to outthink this virus. Covid doesn?t care.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The best case stat to look at is the seven day rolling average. That evens out the fluctuations due to clinics being closed on the weekends and data dumps during the mid week.
    Yep. It's still rising I believe. Hopefully it will level off by the end of the month

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Getting vaccinated does NOT prevent you from getting COVID. I know 4 people, ALL VACCINATED, that tested positive just this past week alone! If you think getting vaccinated is a magic bullet and this virus will just mysteriously go away, you are in for a rude awakening (at least with this round of current drugs)!

What makes this political is our politicians keep telling us (pick your favorite party - with the CDC included): get vaccinated and you will not get the virus and you can not be a carrier. Then they changed their tune and now not only can the vaccinated be a carrier but they can also get the virus. They keep changing the goalposts!

So why exactly do we need to get vaccinated with current vaccines (I am vaccinated in case anyone shouts back) if I can not only be a carrier but also get the virus?

If I do get the virus will it be less severe if I am vaccinated? Show me the science - not speculation!
    The science is in black and white from the MSDH. It's been there since the beginning. The numbers are all you need to tell what the vaccines are doing. NOBODY claimed they were 100% effective. No vaccine is.

vCash
    How long from onset of symptoms did it last?
    The worst lasted 3-4 days but about 7 total.

vCash
    Like said earlier, the vaccine does not keep you from getting Covid. It lessens the severity of symptoms. If I had to choose between a member of my family having Covid with or without the vaccine I would choose with the vaccine every single time.

I believe this Covid will be with us humans from now on. Coronavirus is not new, I was using Ivomec and giving my cattle shots that countered coronavirus,in cattle, in the 90s. These new variants now attack humans and that is new.

It is not a matter of if you get Covid it is a matter of when. Be prepared and give yourself the best opportunity to come out of it quick and with far less symptoms. Get the vaccine.

vCash
    I hope this surge will be short lived, but who knows? At least people are once again getting vaccinated at a higher rate, so we have that going for us.
    Just get vaccinated. No one has to know but you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Like said earlier, the vaccine does not keep you from getting Covid. It lessens the severity of symptoms. If I had to choose between a member of my family having Covid with or without the vaccine I would choose with the vaccine every single time.

I believe this Covid will be with us humans from now on. Coronavirus is not new, I was using Ivomec and giving my cattle shots that countered coronavirus,in cattle, in the 90s. These new variants now attack humans and that is new.

It is not a matter of if you get Covid it is a matter of when. Be prepared and give yourself the best opportunity to come out of it quick and with far less symptoms. Get the vaccine.
    Well said. I personally believe that the vaccinations we received kept us from having a much worse outcome with our infection. I also have a 15 year old daughter with juvenile arthritis who takes meds that suppress her immune system and we all got the vaccine to help protect her as well(she's been vaccinated too), and she hasn't gotten covid yet, thankfully. My youngest son got covid last fall when the JC baseball team had an outbreak and he's been vaccinated as well. I still absolutely 100% believe in an individuals right to choose whatever is best for them, for me and my family vaccination was the way to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    We could have been further ahead how?
    We could have been further ahead last year. Along with the rest of the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Any idea where we currently stand on this?
    I would be surprise if we really hear the real numbers. State seems to be really quiet on players health.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Unknown+fear is a hell of a motivator to find any solution. First we had a board full of coaches, now it's full of virologists.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    For football team and staff. Just like a leader should do in times like this. All you HIPPAcrytes be damned.
    Thanks for the advice Dr. Mengela! IF tou think you can't get COVID if you've been fully vaccinated, YOU'RE wrong! The Yankees have another COVID outbreak, and this time it?s affected the players, including Aaron Judge.

Their game against the Red Sox was postponed Thursday due to three confirmed positive tests and three more pending. ALL were fully vaccinated. 2nd game cancelled or postponed due to COVID in FULLY vaccinated players or staff.

Meanwhile, of the MOST serious COVID cases hospitalized in Israel, 95% have been FULLY vaccinated.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Thanks for the advice Dr. Mengela! IF tou think you can't get COVID if you've been fully vaccinated, YOU'RE wrong! The Yankees have another COVID outbreak, and this time it?s affected the players, including Aaron Judge.

Their game against the Red Sox was postponed Thursday due to three confirmed positive tests and three more pending. ALL were fully vaccinated. 2nd game cancelled or postponed due to COVID in FULLY vaccinated players or staff.

Meanwhile, of the MOST serious COVID cases hospitalized in Israel, 95% have been FULLY vaccinated.
    You need to look at the actual numbers in Israel and not just the headlines. The numbers there are proof that the vaccines work pretty much as advertised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Unknown+fear is a hell of a motivator to find any solution. First we had a board full of coaches, now it's full of virologists.
    Yep. And it?s the borders and flights, not Mississippi?s 40% vax rate that?s causing problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Mississippi had 6,900 new cases and 28 deaths reported this weekend. Unbelievable. Just damn.
    You didn't read the report. 15 of those deaths went back to January....January and 13 of those went back to July... this is not 28 deaths over the weekend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    You need to look at the actual numbers in Israel and not just the headlines. The numbers there are proof that the vaccines work pretty much as advertised.

Working for severe cases, but we were also told it would stop the spread, which is no where close to true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Yep. And it?s the borders and flights, not Mississippi?s 40% vax rate that?s causing problems.
    The point is that not having the border closed gives some people pause on how serious the government is taking the virus. Thats not a partisan issue its a common sense issue.