Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OM reaches 100% Vax Rate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Not quite that often, but it is amazing how we continue to learn about scientific data through research and investigation, isn?t it? Or have you always done things the same way? Learn as you go. Bottom line: higher vax rates would have slowed this a long time ago. As it is we?re welcoming new variants with open arms.
    Well the variants will continue vaccine or not. This will be similar to the flu meaning it?s with us forever now. And you can thank the Chinese government for that. Whether it was from a lab or not they could have been a lot more transparent in 2019 and the whole world could have been further ahead.

vCash
    Not quite that often, but it is amazing how we continue to learn about scientific data through research and investigation, isn?t it? Or have you always done things the same way? Learn as you go. Bottom line: higher vax rates would have slowed this a long time ago. As it is we?re welcoming new variants with open arms.
    I understand how science works. You don't know if your bottom line is necessarily the case. Something I find odd is ... It had virtually disappeared in March, April, May timeframe in Bama. And that's what a nurse friend of mine told me too. I asked her how Covid was doing and she said "it's just disappeared." Seems odd that the more people get vaxxed the more the cases shoot back up. I kinda wonder if they could possibly be spreading it to the unvaxxed. Don't know ... Just kinda find it coincidental.

I don't pretend to know everything about it like some do who in reality don't know shit. A lot of it is opinion and conjecture.

I have picked my niece and her husband's brains on it tho. She's a smart gal and so is her husband. Both are pathologists. And I trust them ... They don't have agendas, obsessive ideologies, or petrified of death either.

Learned a good bit more than I knew at time. Still would like to see larger sample sizes tho.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 08-09-2021 at 12:30 AM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Vaccines work. Simple as that.
    COVID can kill. We do not understand why it effects some but not others.
    Vaccines work. Boosters will come. All but eliminate getting seriously sick with the vaccine.

Take the vaccine, so I don?t have to worry about you in public.

If nothing else, take the free vaccine to eliminate the possibility of picking up a shit ton of medical expenses.

If nothing else, take the vaccine to help a nurse out. They are all 17n tired.

vCash
    I'll get this in before the thread gets locked.

This isn't a political debate. I'm a card-carrying Republican. But when I see healthy, middle aged people dying from covid, that tells me that this isn't a "hoax." The vaccine decreases your chances of dying drastically. Can you still die from it? Sure. Do we know the long term effects of the vaccine? Nope. But I'm willing to take that risk if it means I decrease the chances of leaving my kids without a father.

If you believe in something, you can look up enough info to back whatever it is up. Im not telling anyone how to believe. I just encourage you to look at the broad picture of the current landscape and form your opinion based on that instead of sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming at the top of your lungs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Also, if you?re serious about the vaccine, then lobby your congressman to close the damn border. Otherwise you are unserious.
    Closing the border will never happen because there are too many benefits to both parties to leave it as is. However, the border is not the reason for the recent case surges. That's obvious based on geography. But I will say that it was pretty smart of right wing media to spin it that way. On cue, people have begun parroting that talking point.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Closing the border will never happen because there are too many benefits to both parties to leave it as is. However, the border is not the reason for the recent case surges. That's obvious based on geography. But I will say that it was pretty smart of right wing media to spin it that way. On cue, people have begun parroting that talking point.
    On cue?defense of the border being open and thousands of unvaccinated crossing.

You leftist need to quit pretending that you know ?Science bro!?, while saying the border is fine.

Same crowd who claim BLM ?protest? don?t also spread the plague.

All lies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Well the variants will continue vaccine or not. This will be similar to the flu meaning it?s with us forever now. And you can thank the Chinese government for that. Whether it was from a lab or not they could have been a lot more transparent in 2019 and the whole world could have been further ahead.
    We could have been further ahead how?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    All the fighting amongst of ourselves, and nobody will hold the maker of this virus (regardless of whether it was intentional or neglect, we know where it came from), accountable.

You think of China dropped a bomb that did the damage covid has done there would be any call for accountability and retaliation?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    I bet some of you pricks are cheering for MSU to miss a game due to COVID just to say I told you so. Crazy how we take the little data that exists for Covid and the vaccines and turn them into absolutes for either side. It's ok to be cautious about the vaccine and be concerned with Covid at the same time. When a non-mRNA vaccine comes out with little less side effects, you'll see an uptick in numbers.
    mRNA doesn?t alter your DNA. You know what CAN alter your DNA? SARS-Cov-2. There has been groundbreaking research coming out over the last 6 months that seems to indicate that Cov-2 can integrate with host DNA. This actually explains why someone will test positive for Covid months later, why ?longhaulers? have major Covid symptoms months after getting Covid , and why so many that have had it have strange things happen with their memory, smell, etc months after having the virus. Very simply?the vaccine reduces the chances of this happening to you by about 95% and it?s been shown to be safe on a larger scale than almost any other vaccine ever created. I wish it would have been available before I got Covid back in 2020. While my taste and smell did return I still have days where it?s hard to think (that?s the only way I know to explain it).

Source: Me. I?m an actual scientist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Nobody has said the border is THE reason for this surge. But there are thousands of people coming across the border with the virus and we have chosen to allow them in. And they are unvaccinated.

Unfortunately, that makes it harder to get across to people that this virus is a serious deal that must be stopped AND that you should get vaccinated.

vCash
    For football team and staff. Just like a leader should do in times like this. All you HIPPAcrytes be damned.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...00-vaccination
    A leader should violate FERPA and release PII of a student?

https://studentprivacy.ed.gov/sites/...0Questions.pdf

Look it's great that they are vaccinated, but running his mouth was not smart and violates FERPA unless each player gave written consent to release their immunization status (or unless OM keeps no record of vaccination status, which is highly unlikely).

Regardless of what our teams vaccination status is, leach needs to keep his mouth shut about it in public.

vCash
    Mississippi had 6,900 new cases and 28 deaths reported this weekend. Unbelievable. Just damn.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    The people who have taken the shots and those who have not cannot be divided by party lines. This is not a political issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Mississippi had 6,900 new cases and 28 deaths reported this weekend. Unbelievable. Just damn.
    So that's Friday, sat, and Sunday cases. So 2300 a day in cases. Which I believe is lower than Thursday and friday. So that's good.
    Looks like last weekend averaged 1665 cases daily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    The people who have taken the shots and those who have not cannot be divided by party lines. This is not a political issue.
    True.

vCash
    See the table here:https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2774465

and this study: https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-7385

And from this link:https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...n-young-adults
    Even though all-cause mortality due to COVID-19 may not be known for a while, two new studies highlight that 173,300 (79.5%) of excess deaths from March through August were COVID related, with 4,535 deaths occurring from March through July in younger adults ages 25 to 44, or 38% of all excess deaths in that group

vCash
    I do hope the death rate won' be as high this time around because Mississippi does have 72% of people over 65 vaccinated. That may help with the death rate and the next most vulnerable group is 50-65 and they are vaccinated over 50% which should help as well.

It's the under 50 crowd that usually survives it anyway that is not vaccinated. The stubborn elderly or immune compromised that could be hit this go around unless this Delta variant ends up being deadlier to the younger crowd. I have not been watching it as closely.

vCash
    Because I?m tired of living in a state where the governor says ?It?s not about science? and a football coach (like most Mississippians) thinks he has more knowledge of this virus than decades experienced epidemiologist. Ask your doctor.

AND it?s not political. It?s science. Get vaccinated!
    Getting vaccinated does NOT prevent you from getting COVID. I know 4 people, ALL VACCINATED, that tested positive just this past week alone! If you think getting vaccinated is a magic bullet and this virus will just mysteriously go away, you are in for a rude awakening (at least with this round of current drugs)!

What makes this political is our politicians keep telling us (pick your favorite party - with the CDC included): get vaccinated and you will not get the virus and you can not be a carrier. Then they changed their tune and now not only can the vaccinated be a carrier but they can also get the virus. They keep changing the goalposts!

So why exactly do we need to get vaccinated with current vaccines (I am vaccinated in case anyone shouts back) if I can not only be a carrier but also get the virus?

If I do get the virus will it be less severe if I am vaccinated? Show me the science - not speculation!

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    If MDHS is to be believed, 3% of the states cases in the last two months have been vaccinated individuals. 97% have not been vaccinated

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Absolutely true.

Trump, DeSantis, and Kay Ivey have all endorsed the vaccine at some point. And I absolutely trust their intentions at the very least.

My personal decision has been based on the fact that for 25 or so years I've felt the AMA & the FDA have herded folks into pharma, while naturopaths have been shut down or you pay out of pocket and wazzoo. I personally have had better success solving some issues I've had with naturopath/homeopathic alternative and MDs have misdiagnosed or failed to solve a couple of issues I've had. I have really firmly disliked (even despised) the AMA, FDA, and Pharma for a long time.

And then there's this excellent article by America's favorite down and dirty jobs guy Mike Rowe, which excellently sums up the frustration many folks are having with making personal decisions on this.

https://resistthemainstream.org/fan-...fect-response/