Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: OM reaches 100% Vax Rate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    I should have put sarasterisks on the fat people part of the post, sorry.

I don't know if the 8th grader is typical or not, but it is not just overweight people suffering from Delta. The children's hospital ICU in Houston is full (the world's largest children's hospital) and sending kids to other cities and school starts next week.

And I agree it's sad, and unfathomable to me on the vaccine hesitancy. We have vaccinated 180 million americans, and 4.7 billion worldwide. That's very large test. The vaccine is the best, safest way to combat covid.

Mississippi vaccinates EVERYONE for MMR, chickenpox, and Hepatitis (all of which are less lethal than COVID, and the vaccine has similar effectiveness). ( I mean everyone, it takes a note from Dr Byers to not get a vaccine)
    Whether it's typical or not, it should be used in messaging as a counter to the anecdotal messages about people suffering heart failure, strokes, aneurysm, etc. after taking a vaccine shot. It'd be better to actually make detailed statistics available regarding number of hospitalizations for people of different age groups without any comorbidity, what the hospitalization rate is for people with certain common comorbidities, for certain common combinations of comorbidities, etc. MSDH started off doing this to an extent, at least to the extent the data allowed them I think. Not sure if they stopped because people stopped providing the data or if they stopped asking for it or if they decided to stop for another reason. There are also some charts they have failed to adjust over time, such as the percent of hospitalizations in each age group. Since th elderly have been getting vaccinated at higher rates, that chart doesn't really tell anything anymore. It' be more helpful to present that info in percent of positive cases that are hospitalized, put in ICU, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Whether it's typical or not, it should be used in messaging as a counter to the anecdotal messages about people suffering heart failure, strokes, aneurysm, etc. after taking a vaccine shot. It'd be better to actually make detailed statistics available regarding number of hospitalizations for people of different age groups without any comorbidity, what the hospitalization rate is for people with certain common comorbidities, for certain common combinations of comorbidities, etc. MSDH started off doing this to an extent, at least to the extent the data allowed them I think. Not sure if they stopped because people stopped providing the data or if they stopped asking for it or if they decided to stop for another reason. There are also some charts they have failed to adjust over time, such as the percent of hospitalizations in each age group. Since th elderly have been getting vaccinated at higher rates, that chart doesn't really tell anything anymore. It' be more helpful to present that info in percent of positive cases that are hospitalized, put in ICU, etc.
    I agree.

I like to think they stopped just because they are too busy with trying to help people to compile the data. But honestly, more info is better.

But anything to get the vaccination numbers up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    So why In The hell should anyone believe fauci. He's be wrong, right, wrong, changed opinions 100 times but this guy who was wrong once is a dunce?? Just asking.
    Because your guy WON'T change his mind when proven wrong. Fauci does, and that is the mark of a real scientist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Because your guy WON'T change his mind when proven wrong. Fauci does, and that is the mark of a real scientist.
    Too many Business degrees, or BA's in here. ( I hope anyone with a BScience would understand that sometimes, new information makes your hypothesis wrong, so you have to make a new hypothesis, and test that one)

For all of you that think Fauci is "changing his mind". The term you want to google is "Scientific Method"

vCash
    Too many Business degrees, or BA's in here. ( I hope anyone with a BScience would understand that sometimes, new information makes your hypothesis wrong, so you have to make a new hypothesis, and test that one)
    Lol, indeed.

I still remember the 10 page thread a couple years ago with several posters arguing with me that the Earth was 6,000 years old and no information I could provide on fossil records or geochemistry could convince them otherwise...

Just about any topic has the potential to turn into a shit show.

(I guess that makes this site fun?)

vCash

For all of you that think Fauci is "changing his mind". The term you want to google is "Scientific Method"
    I will add though, that at least 1 or 2 of those that were arguing with me claimed to have engineering degrees...so believing things that defy logic, facts, or science is not a phenomenon reserved for business majors, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I hope to god you are right.
    Hi Bill

Looks like I called this one.