Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: OM reaches 100% Vax Rate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Your Mets gonna bounce back or they done?
    I'm an indians/guardians fan bub. Your braves going to find a way to win a world series this year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    I'm an indians/guardians fan bub. Your braves going to find a way to win a world series this year?
    Who am I confusing you with?

No, we aren't gonna win a WS this year with no acuna. We gonna win our division though, so that will get me to football.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    The majority of hospitalized in Jackson area are under 50 right now.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    The majority of hospitalized in Jackson area are under 50 right now.
    What percentage are obese?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    OH BS. That is EXACTLY what you were doing with your "question"? What makes it reputable is that is attached to a respected health care or research outfit. Go look at Mayo, look at Johns Hopkins, UCLA, UAB, Vanderbilt, heck go look at UMMC. See if they publish their results in academic journals or YOUTUBE. See if they belong to an organization or FOUNDED their own. You are just making things up or parroting a few things you have seen that you agree with. Good lord.
    Took me two seconds to find a professor at Johns Hopkins that disagrees with you. My point isn't that your sources are wrong simply that we can all find facts to fit a narrative.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/national...-all-americans

I could probably find doctors at all of the institutions that you listed that would disagree with your assertion. So I guess my question is are all of these people stating natural immunity is as good or better than the vaccine complete dumb a**es? If so shouldn't they lose their license etc? I mean can we really have this many doctors from reputable schools working at reputable institutions putting out so much false information? That is a serious question for you.

Again, I am pro vax 100%, I just believe we should at least be able to have discussions about the efficacy of something that was created in what? 11 months. Why can't we just have a conversation about it.

I don't see people arguing over if we should ban big macs or not because heart disease kills almost 400 people a day. Eh I guess it is just their choice to be fat and out of shape to the point that their heart stops, that is on them right? If we are truly worried about saving lives why isn't the government pushing better health IE eating better, vitamin intake etc. along with getting the vaccine? Hell cigarettes kill 1300 people a day, we have warnings that tobacco is bad for you but we don't mandate that you don't use it. Why is that?

alcohol related accidents kill close to 270 people a day, are those lives lost not important enough to mandate a ban on alcohol? That doesn't include all of the irreparable damage done to families that don't involve a death.

I would just like to see some consistency in policy. We are either worried about saving lives or we aren't.

You can say your comment about what aboutisms bs or whatever but if your argument is we need to do this because it will save lives then I would simply like an explanation from you as to why these other lives aren't important enough to insert mandates etc. Surely it isn't because we just have to live with the fact that some people make stupid decisions and it costs them their lives and others.

For alcohol, why not mandate that a 150$ breathalizer needs to be attached to every vehicle sold in order for it to start. I am sure that would save some lives and provide little inconvenience to those that don't drink and drive.

vCash
    Who am I confusing you with?

No, we aren't gonna win a WS this year with no acuna. We gonna win our division though, so that will get me to football.
    Ha now, my fandom is open to the right team. I am pretty pissed about the name change. Not that they changed it so much as they could have picked something that represented that area of the country a little better. The new name is just too generic for me.

I lived in Ohio from 5th-8th grade before moving back to Mississippi. We were only about 40 minutes from Cleveland so I picked up all of their pro sports teams unfortunately. I had a poor draw when it came to teams I pull for. Nothing worse than being a Mississippi State fan and a Cleveland sports fan. Indians have had some decent years and cavs had a little run but the Browns have been disappointing, although they have looked a little better the last couple of years. Football season is rough on me as a fan need less to say haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    There are others that show them about the same. The Pfizer is evidently the one most people in Mississippi got. I saw one of the MSHD people mention that. In my family where I know what they got they were all Pfizer (7 or so) except me. I got my first one the first week in January so that may be why. The rest were a few weeks behind me. The point is the Mississippi numbers are showing 97% unvaccinated since DELTA became the main version here. They both remain equally effective against hospitalization.
    The NEJM Study says
    CONCLUSIONS
    Only modest differences in vaccine effectiveness were noted with the delta variant as compared with the alpha variant after the receipt of two vaccine doses. Absolute differences in vaccine effectiveness were more marked after the receipt of the first dose. This finding would support efforts to maximize vaccine uptake with two doses among vulnerable populations. (Funded by Public Health England.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Help me here. What I've yet to understand, if you are protected by the shot you so believe in, what are you worried about? You will not get sick or need a hospital.

Fact is it is mostly the sick vaccinated that are spreading this. They think they are protected and are not. Israel study showed that natural immunity was 7X more effective than any vaccine. Millions of people don't need a vac, some vulnerable people do but not everyone. If you have natural immunity or have vac, what are you worried about?

I have my protection, I just don't understand the thinking? Please enlighten me.
    You understand that kids under 12 cannot get vaccinated? And that I have a kid under 12 that is at risk?

And I need a cite for "sick vaccinated" spreading this. Just by the hospitalization numbers that is completely illogical. 90-97% of everyone hospitalized is unvaccinated. logic dictates that ratio exists outside the hospital.

And here are 4 cites that vaccination is better than natural immunity and that natural immunity from anything but Delta, doesn't work for Delta. https://www.health.com/condition/inf...-delta-variant. https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/0...-an-infection/. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34103407/. https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...rotection.html

The R0 of the Delta Variant means we need 90% of the population vaccinated, and we have 30% that say they never will. Which will kill millions.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Because I?m tired of living in a state where the governor says ?It?s not about science? and a football coach (like most Mississippians) thinks he has more knowledge of this virus than decades experienced epidemiologist. Ask your doctor.

AND it?s not political. It?s science. Get vaccinated!
    When you take a break from reading your propaganda, please go look up a study or two about these shots. But dont bother searching for any of the animals they tested them on. They have just about all caught permanent dirt naps. Hence why these things never have been approved and still aren?t approved.

Real science. Not pseudoscience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    What percentage are obese?
    Check your PM....

vCash
    Took me two seconds to find a professor at Johns Hopkins that disagrees with you. My point isn't that your sources are wrong simply that we can all find facts to fit a narrative.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/national...-all-americans

I could probably find doctors at all of the institutions that you listed that would disagree with your assertion. So I guess my question is are all of these people stating natural immunity is as good or better than the vaccine complete dumb a**es? If so shouldn't they lose their license etc? I mean can we really have this many doctors from reputable schools working at reputable institutions putting out so much false information? That is a serious question for you.

Again, I am pro vax 100%, I just believe we should at least be able to have discussions about the efficacy of something that was created in what? 11 months. Why can't we just have a conversation about it.

...clip....

It wasn't created in 11 months. mRNA has been around and heavily studied...

vCash

.... clip...

I don't see people arguing over if we should ban big macs or not because heart disease kills almost 400 people a day. Eh I guess it is just their choice to be fat and out of shape to the point that their heart stops, that is on them right? If we are truly worried about saving lives why isn't the government pushing better health IE eating better, vitamin intake etc. along with getting the vaccine? Hell cigarettes kill 1300 people a day, we have warnings that tobacco is bad for you but we don't mandate that you don't use it. Why is that?

alcohol related accidents kill close to 270 people a day, are those lives lost not important enough to mandate a ban on alcohol? That doesn't include all of the irreparable damage done to families that don't involve a death.

I would just like to see some consistency in policy. We are either worried about saving lives or we aren't.

You can say your comment about what aboutisms bs or whatever but if your argument is we need to do this because it will save lives then I would simply like an explanation from you as to why these other lives aren't important enough to insert mandates etc. Surely it isn't because we just have to live with the fact that some people make stupid decisions and it costs them their lives and others.

For alcohol, why not mandate that a 150$ breathalizer needs to be attached to every vehicle sold in order for it to start. I am sure that would save some lives and provide little inconvenience to those that don't drink and drive.
    Ok I was gonna ignore it... but you are coming close to just trolling
    Wtf does being fat and eating a Big Mac have to do with Covid. I don't think big mac breath will make you physically sick (unless your a California vegan).

Ugh if you want to know why the government isn't pushing preventive medicine.. Follow the money, that's not hard to figure out... and that's a topic for another thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    When you take a break from reading your propaganda, please go look up a study or two about these shots. But dont bother searching for any of the animals they tested them on. They have just about all caught permanent dirt naps. Hence why these things never have been approved and still aren?t approved.

Real science. Not pseudoscience.
    So we should all be dead for taking the vaccine? Oh man, i've missed seeing your ignorance. Not.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    It wasn't created in 11 months. mRNA has been around and heavily studied...
    It literally says on the CDC website it's a new treatment. How long has it been studied? What's it shown to be effective against? What are the long term studies on effects of protein spikes on cells? Give me a non-mRNA vaccine that's shown effective and I'm onboard.

vCash
    Like the Johnson and Johnson Vaccine?

vCash
    I'd like this breakdown of what Ph.D.'s were refusing it. Where you getting it?
    Haven't seen it. Just an observation.

vCash
    BTW, the fading of phizer sorta makes sense now when you look at Israel's numbers

ETA... I got phizer, and I tested positive last week. Didn't get sick though... mild fever and sore throat
    Which is exactly what the vaccine is supposed to do for you.

vCash
    BTW, the fading of phizer sorta makes sense now when you look at Israel's numbers

ETA... I got phizer, and I tested positive last week. Didn't get sick though... mild fever and sore throat
    So the vaccine worked....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Thank you for the source. In looking deeper at the information (https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...5v1.full.pdf); it was derived using an online survey.

Volunteer online surveys do not produce valid results. (https://www.pewresearch.org/2010/12/...-online-polls/)

Here is an instance where the source would appear to be reputable, but when digging deeper - the means in which the results were derived make it worthless.
    Oh. Then that study is useless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    And if you go to the ER with a broken wrist from falling off a ladder and they find a heart condition, they treat the heart condition, too. They don't just splint it up and let you go.

I'm not sure you understand how healthcare works....
    He quite obviously has no clue. I've got a relative that went in for a broken hip and they found a serious prostate problem. They fixed the hip but the prostate problem is turning out to be the one that is more serious.