Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: OM reaches 100% Vax Rate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Thank you for sharing this! It really helps promote accurate information, as we all know that memes from musicians on social media is the "go to" place for all health related information. I wish I had seen this before getting vaccinated. Had I know that PHDs in Wood Science and/or Parapsychology were questioning the science - I would have taken a closer look...

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Dang! Is this post gonna go away soon, I thought ED was about Msu sports?

Where are the mods?

To make my post sports talk, I think we are a 5-7 team, improved but so is everyone else! Defense looks ok but may lack depth. Offense, improved but how much is the question? I think we are solid at our special teams.
    Do any of those losses include Covid forfeits? You know it's coming. If MSU was serious, why we would even consider a normal dawg walk is beyond me with the concern of the variants.

vCash
    If you're getting vaccine, looks like moderna is the way to go...

Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine just 42% effective against infection amid delta spread, preprint suggests
    https://www.foxnews.com/health/pfize...delta-preprint

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Dang! Is this post gonna go away soon, I thought ED was about Msu sports?

Where are the mods?

To make my post sports talk, I think we are a 5-7 team, improved but so is everyone else! Defense looks ok but may lack depth. Offense, improved but how much is the question? I think we are solid at our special teams.
    I'm watching it closely... look my options are ban everyone talking about covid (which I'm not gonnna do) and delete the thread. Or let them be. If i just delete / lock the thread.. there will be another one tomorrow.
    Just pass on the thread if you don't wish to read it please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If you're getting vaccine, looks like moderna is the way to go...

Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine just 42% effective against infection amid delta spread, preprint suggests
    https://www.foxnews.com/health/pfize...delta-preprint
    An alarming stat but not peer reviewed. but who needs facts when linking to foxnews.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    An alarming stat but not peer reviewed. but who needs facts when linking to foxnews.
    From the article...

Researchers at the Mayo Clinic and Cambridge-based biotech company nference posted the retrospective study in medrxiv this week, drawing from tens of thousands PCR tests conducted at the Mayo Clinic and affiliated hospitals across nearly half a dozen states.

I looked over the article, and found Mayo Clinic reputable. You disagree?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Bill this board would be a lot better if you and your fear would just go away.
    LOL, If you only knew......

vCash
    Question about the booster from Pfizer: Since the original shot has shown an efficacy of around 6 months according to Pfizer, will this booster supply the same length of protection? Is the booster, in layman's terms, made of the same material as the original shot or has it been reformulated to provide protection longer?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Jackson metro. Like I said, I?m not in the thick of it, thanks to the Lord. But we just had a meeting and info was relayed. They are anticipating a very difficult month ahead. Hopefully projections are wrong.
    We ALL need to pray that they are wrong. The people who have to look at the trends are getting scared, really scared. This is showing no sign of even leveling off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    It should be interesting. Following India and EU models with the variant puts us at around the half way mark of where they were. Should we follow the same model we should start seeing cases go down in the next two weeks. Not saying I'm right or wrong just looking at how fast Delta has moved through other countries.
    I hope to god you are right.

vCash
    BTW, the fading of phizer sorta makes sense now when you look at Israel's numbers

ETA... I got phizer, and I tested positive last week. Didn't get sick though... mild fever and sore throat

vCash
    Nice one. Way to divert from the fact you were posting a musician's meme...

From the article...

Researchers at the Mayo Clinic and Cambridge-based biotech company nference posted the retrospective study in medrxiv this week, drawing from tens of thousands PCR tests conducted at the Mayo Clinic and affiliated hospitals across nearly half a dozen states.

Depends on when Mayo's next album drops...

How am I supposed to understand what news to believe when I have to cross reference musician thoughts with a news organization? How do you find a way to get them all to align?

vCash
    From the article...

There are others that show them about the same. The Pfizer is evidently the one most people in Mississippi got. I saw one of the MSHD people mention that. In my family where I know what they got they were all Pfizer (7 or so) except me. I got my first one the first week in January so that may be why. The rest were a few weeks behind me. The point is the Mississippi numbers are showing 97% unvaccinated since DELTA became the main version here. They both remain equally effective against hospitalization.

vCash
    BTW, the fading of phizer sorta makes sense now when you look at Israel's numbers

ETA... I got phizer, and I tested positive last week. Didn't get sick though... mild fever and sore throat
    Look deeper at Israel's numbers. Don't just read the headlines. They are doing pretty well and their numbers are about what you would expect to see. They are even better than that here so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Look deeper at Israel's numbers. Don't just read the headlines. They are doing pretty well and their numbers are about what you would expect to see. They are even better than that here so far.
    Just looking at numbers, and then starting booster shot

[url=https://postimg.cc/WtJpvcbp]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Nice one. Way to divert from the fact you were posting a musician's meme...

Depends on when Mayo's next album drops...

How am I supposed to understand what news to believe when I have to cross reference musician thoughts with a news organization? How do you find a way to get them all to align?
    Here's the source for the tweet...

CORONAVIRUSStudy Finds Most Highly Educated Americans Are Also the Most Vaccine Hesitant
    https://summit.news/2021/08/11/study...cine-hesitant/

Study by Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    I?m in healthcare. I?m not on front lines by any means, but have some insight. It?s not good right now from their perspective . My boss just gave us a rundown of the situation and the projections of the weeks to come. A lot of nervousness and fear about the coming weeks.
    can you give any type of specifics? praying for you guys!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    Question about the booster from Pfizer: Since the original shot has shown an efficacy of around 6 months according to Pfizer, will this booster supply the same length of protection? Is the booster, in layman's terms, made of the same material as the original shot or has it been reformulated to provide protection longer?
    It has not been reformulated yet. The jury is still out on that six month thing too. Other studies show longer. The boosters approved so far are for a very specific set of people who are significantly immunity suppressed. Organ transplant patients for example. I saw something out of Miami Jackson hospital earlier this week. They were treating close to 400 COVID patients. A little short of 40 are vaccinated and 24 of those were organ transplant patients.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    can you give any type of specifics? praying for you guys!
    You can do it yourself. Dobbs has said that something like 7-8% of cases here wind up in the hospital and around 15% of those wind up in the ICU.

vCash
    Here's the source for the tweet...

CORONAVIRUSStudy Finds Most Highly Educated Americans Are Also the Most Vaccine Hesitant
    https://summit.news/2021/08/11/study...cine-hesitant/

Study by Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh
    A PHD in English and the like has no more real idea about this than most high school students. Their science education stops at biology 101. Also, think back on some of the PHDs you knew. That study is hardly surprising. Meanwhile 95% of MDs have taken it.