Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
I should have put sarasterisks on the fat people part of the post, sorry.

I don't know if the 8th grader is typical or not, but it is not just overweight people suffering from Delta. The children's hospital ICU in Houston is full (the world's largest children's hospital) and sending kids to other cities and school starts next week.

And I agree it's sad, and unfathomable to me on the vaccine hesitancy. We have vaccinated 180 million americans, and 4.7 billion worldwide. That's very large test. The vaccine is the best, safest way to combat covid.

Mississippi vaccinates EVERYONE for MMR, chickenpox, and Hepatitis (all of which are less lethal than COVID, and the vaccine has similar effectiveness). ( I mean everyone, it takes a note from Dr Byers to not get a vaccine)
Whether it's typical or not, it should be used in messaging as a counter to the anecdotal messages about people suffering heart failure, strokes, aneurysm, etc. after taking a vaccine shot. It'd be better to actually make detailed statistics available regarding number of hospitalizations for people of different age groups without any comorbidity, what the hospitalization rate is for people with certain common comorbidities, for certain common combinations of comorbidities, etc. MSDH started off doing this to an extent, at least to the extent the data allowed them I think. Not sure if they stopped because people stopped providing the data or if they stopped asking for it or if they decided to stop for another reason. There are also some charts they have failed to adjust over time, such as the percent of hospitalizations in each age group. Since th elderly have been getting vaccinated at higher rates, that chart doesn't really tell anything anymore. It' be more helpful to present that info in percent of positive cases that are hospitalized, put in ICU, etc.