Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Jazz Fest cancelled

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I have first hand knowledge that's not true.
    What is the truth? I've been working in Baton Rouge for a while and their hospitals have said their ICUs are full and/or they don't have enough staff to keep up with the numbers.
    I don't know about the rest of the state.
    I'm sincerely asking because I don't know.

vCash
    Went out to eat the other day. Parking lot full. 98 degrees + out side. Long porch down the front of the building with benches full of people. Went inside to restroom several, I repeat several empty tables. They were at capacity. CAPACITY for the number of people working.

LCDawg nobody knows the truth because the powers to be do not want the truth known.

JMHO> However everyone has one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Because getting the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting it or spreading it especially the new variant.
    It almost 100% keeps you out of the hospital and all the doctors and nurses would surely appreciate that little bit of help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It almost 100% keeps you out of the hospital and all the doctors and nurses would surely appreciate that little bit of help.
    Don?t expect these anti-vaxxers to get it. You tell them 99.5% of people still dying are unvaccinated and they can?t grasp it.

It is a goid thing that 72% of Mississippians over 65 got vaccinated or this Delta would be taking a bunch more out.

vCash
    They are canceling everything over there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    What is the truth? I've been working in Baton Rouge for a while and their hospitals have said their ICUs are full and/or they don't have enough staff to keep up with the numbers.
    I don't know about the rest of the state.
    I'm sincerely asking because I don't know.
    I'm not in Baton Rouge but I am aware of what they have been saying.

What I can tell you is we have have five COVID units open right now. They each have 35 beds available in them. They ranged from 29-33 patients apiece as far as having patients occupying them. That does not include an entire wing that my hospital has ready that is completely empty right now that has 50 beds in it.

The staffing issue is going to be filled with travel nurses and really the issue there is getting them here and onboarded very quickly. Baton Rouge would be wise to do the same if they have not already.

Per the numbers across the hospital system- 90% are unvaccinated.

Where I am located- a small number are on vents. Less than 20. Only one of those was vaccinated.

It's sort of a little misleading in a way too because some of the patients came to hospital for reasons that were obviously NOT COVID related and then tested positive. Like I had someone that was in a car wreck and tested positive, someone that had a stroke, and someone that hit her head and had a spinal cord injury. Now, I would certainly say that is not the majority but there is some of that going on as well. Otherwise they would not have been hospitalized. It's something that doesn't get mentioned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I would say it certainly helps your body fight it off. One thing I have seen as well that doesn't get mentioned is I've had a couple of people that had the first dose and then had to come to the hospital before they were able to get their second one. That sucks for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Don?t expect these anti-vaxxers to get it. You tell them 99.5% of people still dying are unvaccinated and they can?t grasp it.

It is a goid thing that 72% of Mississippians over 65 got vaccinated or this Delta would be taking a bunch more out.
    I always tell people to do their own research and then make an educated and informed decision based off of that. Do NOT listen to the media conservative or liberal and do NOT listen to Joe on facebook or social media. Use unbiased medical research. If I tell someone not to smoke and they get lung cancer and harm others with second hand smoke that's their choice or if they decide to drive a Mustang at 120 and get in a wreck on I-55 that is their choice as well. I believe that most people if they do the research would get the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    They are canceling everything over there.
    The Mayor is an idiot. I don't believe this is her doing this time though. If she tries to cancel Mardi Gras I wouldn't be surprised if they give her the finger and just have it in Metairie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post

See this is the problem. I'm not an anti vaxxer and you have no reason to stereotype me as one. I simply stated a fact as to why they would not make it vaccinated-only. It would still have the potential to be a super-spreader event. It would spread through the vaccinated, some of them would get sick, and then they would pass it to unvaccinated people in the days after. Those are facts. Not picking a side here. But you feel the need to talk down to me because I stated facts that don't support your narrative. This type of attitude is what is wrong with our country today and I'm tired of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I would say it certainly helps your body fight it off. One thing I have seen as well that doesn't get mentioned is I've had a couple of people that had the first dose and then had to come to the hospital before they were able to get their second one. That sucks for them.

I always tell people to do their own research and then make an educated and informed decision based off of that. Do NOT listen to the media conservative or liberal and do NOT listen to Joe on facebook or social media. Use unbiased medical research. If I tell someone not to smoke and they get lung cancer and harm others with second hand smoke that's their choice or if they decide to drive a Mustang at 120 and get in a wreck on I-55 that is their choice as well. I believe that most people if they do the research would get the vaccine.

The Mayor is an idiot. I don't believe this is her doing this time though. If she tries to cancel Mardi Gras I wouldn't be surprised if they give her the finger and just have it in Metairie.
    I'm talking about Mandeville. Alot of parties and other functions are being canceled. LA has a mandatory indoor mask now. BTW my nephew and neighbors are ICU nurses on the coast. Hospitals are full all COVID and 99% unvacv and young. But since their hospital is providing the better therapies most people are going there now instead of the smaller hospitals. The VA isn't full because most of the Vets are over 50 and Vaxed.