Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Jazz Fest cancelled

vCash

OT: Jazz Fest cancelled

What?s next? Repeat of last fall? Get vaccinated you idiots.

vCash
    Should end well.

But yea, I support the vaccine. I'll also add that natural immunity is 6.7 times better than vaccine-induced immunity, so if you've for sure had covid than thats even better as it applies to future immunity.

vCash
    They cancelled it too soon in my opinion. Especially considering the models in other countries and rising vaccination rates in America.

vCash
    Agree. If sankey and football taught us anything last year, it was don't make a decision like that until you absolutely have to.

vCash
    A repeat of last fall isn't happening, not in MS at least. Reeves is pretty dead set with letting the state of emergency end no matter the state of MS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    A repeat of last fall isn't happening, not in MS at least. Reeves is pretty dead set with letting the state of emergency end no matter the state of MS
    Exactly. Things would have to exponentially worse- and at this point I won't say they won't. But it's unlikely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Should end well.

But yea, I support the vaccine. I'll also add that natural immunity is 6.7 times better than vaccine-induced immunity, so if you've for sure had covid than thats even better as it applies to future immunity.
    Where have you seen that number?

Regardless, even if you've had it, it's still better to get vaccinated than not.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Why can't they make it only where the vaccinated can attend? Maybe now that Jazz Fest is canceled, they can get those murder numbers down.

vCash
    Haven?t you heard. No one is dying of gunshot wounds any more. That is just a symptom. Covid is killing all these gunshot victims in our major cities.

Oh, and apparently ^ variant Covid is only happening now in RED States.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Where have you seen that number?

Regardless, even if you've had it, it's still better to get vaccinated than not.
    Israeli study, cited by John's Hopkins doctor who is pro vaccine but discusses natural immunity here.

And regarding your last sentence, I think that may generally be true, but not for everybody. I had the first shot, got covid, and my doctor is telling me I can't have the second shot for 90 days and is not sure I should take it then either. Just FYI.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usn...%3fcontext=amp

vCash
    Israeli study, cited by John's Hopkins doctor who is pro vaccine but discusses natural immunity here.

And regarding your last sentence, I think that may generally be true, but not for everybody. I had the first shot, got covid, and my doctor is telling me I can't have the second shot for 90 days and is not sure I should take it then either. Just FYI.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usn...%3fcontext=amp
    I've seen that happen to some people in the hospital where they got it after their first shot. Not a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Why can't they make it only where the vaccinated can attend? Maybe now that Jazz Fest is canceled, they can get those murder numbers down.
    No chance that happens

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They cancelled it too soon in my opinion. Especially considering the models in other countries and rising vaccination rates in America.
    It's because the hospitals in south Louisiana cannot hold any more patients. It's a good call

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Calling someone an idiot for not getting the vaccine and then acting like this is all happening because people aren't getting vaccinated is the definition of irony...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Because getting the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting it or spreading it especially the new variant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Because getting the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting it or spreading it especially the new variant.
    I'm with you on spreading it.
    But I think it does help reduce your chance of contracting it right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    It's because the hospitals in south Louisiana cannot hold any more patients. It's a good call
    I have first hand knowledge that's not true.

vCash
    And I'll add- I wouldn't be surprised if this has more to do with ticket sales than anything. New Orleans was scheduled to have several major festivals in October and Jazz Fest is by far the most expensive. Meaning if people have a choice economically French Quarter Fest is the way to go. VooDoo Fest cancelled way before Delta blew up for that reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    You are an idiot; not everyone needs to be vaccinated.

Those vulnerable, yes. Not vulnerable and those with natural immunity do not need vaccination I mean the shot. There are people who are high risk of getting a vaccine as well.

vCash
    I'm with you on spreading it.
    But I think it does help reduce your chance of contracting it right?
    It may help not have as severe symptoms but the vaccine on this variant can make spread worse as the shot is not that affective on the variants. This is why CDC reversed masks for vaccinated and they are talking booster shots. Also they saw that the vaccine only lasts 3-4 months in most people before losing affect.

The high and mighty vaccinated better stop looking down their nose at others because the variants can get you easier than those with natural immunity. Vulnerable unvaxed people, well that is their own choice. For those of you who feel protected why can't others have their free choice? No sweat off your back.