Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welp. Oak Grove and Purvis shut down after a week

vCash

Welp. Oak Grove and Purvis shut down after a week

Tupelo band shut down after a few days in camp.

Not a Corona Bro but not a denier either.

Think it might be prudent to hold off of face to face classes til Tue after Labor Day like our forefathers.

vCash
    It was inevitable given the low vaccine compliance and increased virulence of the delta strain.

vCash
    Hey at least we got that natty in

vCash
    The thing amazed me was the JPS shut down last fall and they have been social distancing at Football games for years. They spread their band and dancers out to make the bleachers look full. And their teams can?t tackle or block because they are never within 6 feet of an opposing player.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokennotfractured View Post
    It was inevitable given the low vaccine compliance and increased virulence of the delta strain.
    A guy in town here was basically bragging on how South Mississippi was unvaccinated.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Until vaccination rates rise significantly, it will be more of the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Until vaccination rates rise significantly, it will be more of the same.
    That depends if they powers that be are going to look at case numbers or deaths. Vaccination (which I am) is not going to stop case counts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    Tupelo band shut down after a few days in camp.

Not a Corona Bro but not a denier either.

Think it might be prudent to hold off of face to face classes til Tue after Labor Day like our forefathers.
    Did they shut down bc of positive cases? Or bc of hospitalizations/deaths?

vCash
    With the vaccine…despite less than half having it…the people that have already gotten, and the knowledge about how to treat it, I’m hopeful this latest wave will be shorter lived and less deadly.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    That depends if they powers that be are going to look at case numbers or deaths. Vaccination (which I am) is not going to stop case counts.
    But vaccination greatly lowers hospital count. The avg wait time for ambulances the past two weeks in the central ms trauma district at hospitals is 6 hours. That means the unit is out of service and sitting on a wall at a hospital waiting to drop a pt off.

Response times for ambulances in some areas right now in excess of a hour due to the wall times.

vCash
    Shoeless Joe brings up a very valid point relative to treating COVID. The death rates should be lower this time, but we are about to enter another very difficult period and it could have been avoided. It SHOULD have been avoided.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    A guy in town here was basically bragging on how South Mississippi was unvaccinated.
    We've become so ****ing cynical; and who TF was he attempting to "own" with that BS?

What an utter embarrassment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    But vaccination greatly lowers hospital count. The avg wait time for ambulances the past two weeks in the central ms trauma district at hospitals is 6 hours. That means the unit is out of service and sitting on a wall at a hospital waiting to drop a pt off.

Response times for ambulances in some areas right now in excess of a hour due to the wall times.
    I agree. My point is simply that, if we are going to shut down schools due strictly to positive cases in the school (which is what the oak grove released statement said-28 positive cases), then the vaccine is not going to stop that.

On a positive note, st d had only 4 people waiting in the ER Friday as opposed to 73 last Friday.

vCash
    Can track the MS data here. Everything has gone vertical. Will be out of ICU beds shortly in MS if trends continue for another week or two.

https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static...4,420,873.html

vCash
    I'm going to start showing up at people's jobs and telling them how fake they are and how they're doing it wrong. You know, I'm smarter than the scientists, so I must know it all if I'm from Mississippi (Alabama, Missouri...) /s

btw I'm a teacher so I'm exposed to all your little unvaccinated sweet children.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    I'm going to start showing up at people's jobs and telling them how fake they are and how they're doing it wrong. You know, I'm smarter than the scientists, so I must know it all if I'm from Mississippi (Alabama, Missouri...) /s

btw I'm a teacher so I'm exposed to all your little unvaccinated sweet children.
    Not if you are vaccinated twice and double mask. There is no way any of our little unvaccinated sweet children can infect you. I saw it on TV so it must be true.

vCash
    People have effed around. We're now in the find out phase. Delta is a lot more contagious BTW. Good luck if you're not vaxxed.

vCash
    So does anyone know what happened to Alpha, Beta Variants? When should we expect the Gamma, Rho, and Theta Variants? Conveniently right before the 2022 Elections?

I am not saying this isn?t real, I am saying it was released and planned. Not a conspiracy. A biological war. There WILL be more variants. The thing was lab produced and now it is mutating just like those lab scientists knew it would.