Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Robertson?

vCash

Steve Robertson?

Boy it sure is hard to listen to his show now. Nothing but ads, Bulldog burger, rock music lists, and telling other State fans what to think and how they should act. I wanted to listen to the baseball cast he put out, but damn it was bad?

vCash
    Yeah, I used to love the Boneyard, but it's gotten pretty bad imo.

His ad reads are excessive and even though I'm sure some enjoy them, I don't care for the top 10 lists. And then like you said, he talks down to us "common folk" like we're too stupid to have our own opinions. I'll still listen from time to time, but the best MSU podcasts are Out of Left Field and Thunder and Lightning. I never miss those two shows. Steve is a distant third.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Boy it sure is hard to listen to his show now. Nothing but ads, Bulldog burger, rock music lists, and telling other State fans what to think and how they should act. I wanted to listen to the baseball cast he put out, but damn it was bad?
    Yep. Believe rosebowl.

vCash
    I listened to one episode of the boneyard back several years ago. Never listened to another. My initial reaction was “who is this guy to tell me what I should think and do as a state fan”.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I listened to one episode of the boneyard back several years ago. Never listened to another. My initial reaction was “who is this guy to tell me what I should think and do as a state fan”.
    Poetry slams, tho**

vCash
    It's amazing that people spend money on the stuff he puts out.

vCash
    Second book was weak. Claimed to be more stories about State/UM rivalry but many chapters were not. Son gave me first one as Christmas gift and then my sister in Tn. sent me both. Have loaned 1st to many fellow State fans who all enjoyed it. Second, most people say they didn't even finish it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    It's amazing that people spend money on the stuff he puts out.
    Just the way he looks turns me off.

Steve, Yancy and Gene = the 3 stooges!

vCash
    Wow, bunch of hate for a guy.

I am a boneyard regular listener but I do skip stuff, you know you can do that right?. I never listen to a top ten list and he does seem to ramble a bit about how I should feel or act. That gets old every podcast. He could condense it 30 minute shows most days because that's about how much I listen.

He has do the ads to pay the bills, all podcasts do that. His thing is top ten lists of artist. Some people must love it because he puts them out somewhere and he gets listens. I love his game recaps, especially baseball because I don't always get to see all the games. He has some insight to recruiting and does have information about players sometimes that never comes across.

I get that he is not some of your cup of tea but to say you hate the way he looks? Dude, that says way more about you than him and not in a good way.

vCash
    There's this thing you can press on your app that skips ahead 30 seconds (or you can program it for a bigger skip) I only hear a second or two of ads.

vCash
    The guy is a success story with an incredible testimony. Jail, rehab, a complete screwup. Now look at him. He shined a light on the cheating snobs in oxford. How many times have we bitched about the Clarion Ledger giving OM a pass on their dirty deeds, and MSU can't give a kid a discount on clothes or a used car without it being plastered all over front page news. Rosebowl forced their hand. Rosebowl was right. Yes, he gets preachy, but I trust and respect his opinion. There's a lot of profoundness in that head of his. I'm glad he's getting some of it in printed form. His book about this past baseball season will be his most popular by far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Yeah, I used to love the Boneyard, but it's gotten pretty bad imo.

His ad reads are excessive and even though I'm sure some enjoy them, I don't care for the top 10 lists. And then like you said, he talks down to us "common folk" like we're too stupid to have our own opinions. I'll still listen from time to time, but the best MSU podcasts are Out of Left Field and Thunder and Lightning. I never miss those two shows. Steve is a distant third.
    This is what really turned me off to it. Especially during the CWS. It wasn't like he was saying, no he was absolutely saying that if you don't act exactly like this then you're not a real Mississippi State fan. It's like you can only be frustrated when he's frustrated. Also, the damn ad reads. My god they're annoying. Out of Left Field is the best MSU pod going. Charlie and Bart bring insightful comments and they don't preach at you with how you should act.

vCash
    I drive a lot so I can listen to several podcasts.

Sports podcast for me are Unnecessary Roughness on Barstool, Thunder & Lightening, Boneyard and Cover 3 (CBS College football) in that order. I have heard you guys talk about Out of Left Field and tried it once and it was not my cup of tea that day but I will give it a go again. I am always searching for something interesting on podcast while I drive.

Cover 3 is not bad. It has Danny Kanell as one of the personalities. I am not sure what I was expecting from him, but it's not what I got. It's pretty good and you get some national information. I think Brandon Walker does a better job on Barstool but his supporting cast never bring much information but they are somewhat entertaining. If you can get around some of the off color content. Cover 3 has several guys on it that seem to be informed and they all bring information to the table.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Wow, bunch of hate for a guy.

I am a boneyard regular listener but I do skip stuff, you know you can do that right?. I never listen to a top ten list and he does seem to ramble a bit about how I should feel or act. That gets old every podcast. He could condense it 30 minute shows most days because that's about how much I listen.

He has do the ads to pay the bills, all podcasts do that. His thing is top ten lists of artist. Some people must love it because he puts them out somewhere and he gets listens. I love his game recaps, especially baseball because I don't always get to see all the games. He has some insight to recruiting and does have information about players sometimes that never comes across.

I get that he is not some of your cup of tea but to say you hate the way he looks? Dude, that says way more about you than him and not in a good way.
    Where did you see the word hate? Really! The way Joe Biden's looks turns me off but i don't hate the guy. I do hate the way some poster add words that are not there.

vCash
    Almost single-handedly, got rid of Freeze, the biggest cheat & fraud in CFB!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    I feel like he's lecturing me. He's very judgmental towards anyone that might think/feel a different way about any of our teams. He also doesn't bring much insight, and his podcast is just plain boring. Half of it is just recapping the game. An hour is usually too long for a podcast. I think the podcasts with two people do better because they can play off of each other. Hadad and Robbie Faulk do a good job keeping it interesting. Out of Left Field is very good too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Almost single-handedly, got rid of Freeze, the biggest cheat & fraud in CFB!
    He's top 5 but I feel like Ron Meyer has everyone beat on this by a pretty good margin.

vCash
    What is the purpose of this thread? Are we really bashing people that produce content for State fans to listen to or read?

I know it's a slow period until football kicks off, but this a rough look...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    What is the purpose of this thread? Are we really bashing people that produce content for State fans to listen to or read?

I know it's a slow period until football kicks off, but this a rough look...
    I don't like his podcasts. Doesn't mean I don't like him as a person. It's an opinion. We've all got one, and thankfully on this board, we're allowed to have it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Where did you see the word hate? Really! The way Joe Biden's looks turns me off but i don't hate the guy. I do hate the way some poster add words that are not there.
    I get people don't like his podcast structure or his preachy content. His podcast do drag out at times and his delivery can put me off. He is not everyone's cup of tea but:

I never said you used the word hate but your what you said made me think that. You lumped him in with Yancy calling him a stooge and didn't like they way he looked. That sounds exactly like hate to me. Yancy? Really? That guy is a ... I won't even start on that guy. Plus:

I do not think it's OK to dislike someone by the way they dress. Some of the best people I know wear the weirdest stuff. Some of the best dressed are the biggest phonies and would stab you in the back for a dollar or if the truth hurt them in anyway. Do not judge a book by its cover. Which reminds me, I have never bought one of his books but I might buy the one about this past baseball season. That one might be interesting. I did read Leach's "Swing Your Sword". I highly recommend it for any state fan.