Atlanta Braves trade deadline thread

So do they buy or sell at the deadline?

Reasons to buy:

-The Mets aren't that good

-TDA, Ynoa, and Anderson will be coming back from injury soon

-After a tough season so far, the fans need something to get excited about

-There really isn't much to sell

Reasons to sell:

-If we somehow come back to win the division, we'll get trounced in the playoffs anyway

I honestly hope they cautiously buy to give us a chance to make a run, while also setting us up next year. However, AA is a very conservative GM, so I expect us to add a mediocre reliever and a bench bat and call it a day

vCash
    Get rid of Jackson and get a good middle relief. The Baby braves have alot of outfield talent that are stuck in the minors that could be used as Bait. Also trade Pache.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Get rid of Jackson and get a good middle relief. The Baby braves have alot of outfield talent that are stuck in the minors that could be used as Bait. Also trade Pache.
    Yeah, it's time to shit or get off the pot with some of these prospects, because they're losing value by the day

vCash
    We don't have much in the farm system left so we really need to strike while the iron is still warm on some of these guys. Whether it's Waters, Pache, Langaliers, or Shewmake we need to make a decision to either keep them or trade them for some guys who can contribute at the highest level for the next 2-3 years. Our window is closing fast and we need to figure out a way to squeeze a World Series out of it. Blowing 3-1 last year is still haunting me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    We don't have much in the farm system left so we really need to strike while the iron is still warm on some of these guys. Whether it's Waters, Pache, Langaliers, or Shewmake we need to make a decision to either keep them or trade them for some guys who can contribute at the highest level for the next 2-3 years. Our window is closing fast and we need to figure out a way to squeeze a World Series out of it. Blowing 3-1 last year is still haunting me.
    Shewmake needs more seasoning as does CJ Alexander. Pache needs to be back in AA. Waters could play today and Drew Harris is almost ready.

vCash
    Who knows if it means anything or not, but pache not in lineup tonight.

vCash
    Would've loved to grab Graveman before Houston did. Honestly the Braves are in a tight spot. So many injuries to key players, but playing pretty well. Of course if Soroka is healthy and Acu?a is too, they are buyers. I wouldn't be shocked to see them make a big move that adds to the team for the next few seasons.

vCash
    And to add, Freeman's contract needs to get done, otherwise I could see him going to the Angels or SD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Who knows if it means anything or not, but pache not in lineup tonight.
    Neither is Shea Langeliers, Trey Harris, and Alex Jackson.

Surely all of these aren't coincidences?

vCash
    Ozuna's felony charge has been reduced to misdemeanor. Could our big acquisition be him? He and TDA would help this offense a ton. Go get another corner OF, and move joc to cf. Offense would be lethal

vCash
    Ozuna's felony charge has been reduced to misdemeanor. Could our big acquisition be him? He and TDA would help this offense a ton. Go get another corner OF, and move joc to cf. Offense would be lethal
    Wow. Get Ozuna and TDA back, and then go get a guy like Robbie Grossman or Mitch Haniger, and catching the Mets would no longer be hopeful. It'd be likely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Wow. Get Ozuna and TDA back, and then go get a guy like Robbie Grossman or Mitch Haniger, and catching the Mets would no longer be hopeful. It'd be likely.
    I'm probably getting ahead of myself. Whether ozuna plays this year is probably still in major doubt. Next year though, he should be there

vCash
    I'm probably getting ahead of myself. Whether ozuna plays this year is probably still in major doubt. Next year though, he should be there
    I think I saw where his court date is August 10th.

If he's cleared, I don't see why he couldn't.

But yes, in the grand scheme of things, it's good that we won't have wasted that big chunk of change on his contract.

vCash
    [tweet2]1420873092100993028[/tweet2]

Man, I hate big market clubs

vCash
    My opinion is we don't need to sell. We are still in the window of being able to compete.

If the plan is to resign Freddie, you get him, Acu?a, Ozzie, Riley, Ozuna, Soroka, Fried, and Anderson for a while. That's a strong nucleus to build around.

Can you get Story and offload Swanson and a few prospects? If so do it. Don't go get Kimbrel. Too expensive. But you need a bench bat/utility person and either resign Morton for 2 years or go get another starter. You could have a rotation of Soroka, Fried, Anderson, Touki (made 2 phenomenal starts since returning) and Morton and be extremely competitive.

Injuries have crushed us this year. But the window is open. Upgrade where you can, but don't destroy the team. There's no need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    My opinion is we don't need to sell. We are still in the window of being able to compete.

If the plan is to resign Freddie, you get him, Acu?a, Ozzie, Riley, Ozuna, Soroka, Fried, and Anderson for a while. That's a strong nucleus to build around.

Can you get Story and offload Swanson and a few prospects? If so do it. Don't go get Kimbrel. Too expensive. But you need a bench bat/utility person and either resign Morton for 2 years or go get another starter. You could have a rotation of Soroka, Fried, Anderson, Touki (made 2 phenomenal starts since returning) and Morton and be extremely competitive.

Injuries have crushed us this year. But the window is open. Upgrade where you can, but don't destroy the team. There's no need.
    Agree, the core is there, no need to destroy the team, or pay over price.

vCash
    Ozuna is the wild card in all of this. If he comes back then that gives you another big bat to complement Freddie and Riley. If you think you can get him back and still be in contention then I think you buy. If you don't believe you can then you cautiously buy or stand put unless someone blows you away with an offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Ozuna is the wild card in all of this. If he comes back then that gives you another big bat to complement Freddie and Riley. If you think you can get him back and still be in contention then I think you buy. If you don't believe you can then you cautiously buy or stand put unless someone blows you away with an offer.
    I don't see any way he's back this season after starlin Castro got a 30-game suspension today

vCash
    Braves acquire Edward Rosario from the Indians for Pablo Sandoval and are finishing up a deal to bring back Adam Duvall for Alex Jackson.

That's a starting bat in Duvall and a solid spot start/bench bat in Rosario when he gets back in August from the injury. And you give up practically nothing to do it.

vCash
    Rosario and Duvall aren't anything Earth shattering, but we gave up essentially nothing for them, so it's a win in my book. I hope we aren't done.