Thread: who is the most valuable remaining Big 12 team?

vCash

who is the most valuable remaining Big 12 team?

Ranked by endowment:

1. Kansas
    2. Baylor private
    3. TCU private
    4. Texas Tech
    5. Iowa State
    6. OK. State
    7. West Virginia
    8. Kansas State

Ranked by enrollment

1. Texas Tech
    2. Iowa State
    3. Kansas
    4. West Virginia
    5. Ok State
    6. Kansas St
    7. Baylor
    8. TCU
    Last edited by HoopsDawg; 07-27-2021 at 06:50 PM.

vCash
    Kansas x 2. Simply due to Bball

vCash
    I wouldn't want the conference to expand to include any additional States. It starts to take away from the rivalry aspect IMO. I would take OSU and TCU personally just due to their proximity and overall success of their athletic programs.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Oklahoma State or Baylor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Oklahoma State or Baylor
    neither of those programs are very attractive to me. I would probably say Kansas overall, but football drives everything and they are horrible at football. I think some of those schools are in deep, deep, crap.

vCash
    From an overall athletic perspective, Iowa State. Usually good in basketball and okay in football.

That being said, none of them are that attractive as a sure fire "A" school.

I could see Ok St., Iowa St., and Kansas get a look from the Big 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    neither of those programs are very attractive to me. I would probably say Kansas overall, but football drives everything and they are horrible at football. I think some of those schools are in deep, deep, crap.
    Okie St and Baylor are pretty good in football, and Baylor is strong in basketball, with OK St being string historically in basketball.

vCash
    Okie State/ I thought their endowment would be bigger though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I wouldn't want the conference to expand to include any additional States. It starts to take away from the rivalry aspect IMO. I would take OSU and TCU personally just due to their proximity and overall success of their athletic programs.
    Well Kansas rival is Missouri while OUs rival is Texas/

vCash
    Kansas is the most valuable. Prolly heading to the BIG 10. Good academics (AAU) and has basketball.

The rest are misfits. Iowa State is a good university but offer nothing athletically. Plus, Iowa may not want them in the Big 10.

Oklahoma State has athletics but no real fans. They have T Boone Pickens and other crazy rich Energy Industry Alumni but they may not even have 15% of the media interest of the Sooners in Oklahoma. The cowboys are also claiming to have both Big 10 and Pac 12 interest but the academics are putrid, location remote, and limited media value. They may use the ravenous alumni dollars to buy a political solution, they want the Oklahoma government to say "You must take OSU if you want OU"

Semi-Off Topic. U of Houston is the next most valuable school not in a P4 conference. It's too far and too uncivilized for the PAC-12, it's a distant commuter college for the BIG-12 (just like Rutgers and Minnesota), it's cannibalizing to the SEC's Texas Footprint, it's considered a life-line to the remaining Big-12, but it's potentially a Texas toehold for the ACC. That said, Houston might be the southern Detroit or new New Orleans in 8 years. With Oil and Gas no longer a economic darling, it might become a squalid, dirty violent swamp in the near future. My previous employer used to have 2,500 white collar jobs in the Houston area in 2018 (avg salary 120k), 700 today, and they want almost nothing but sales guys in 2022.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Ranked by endowment:

1. Kansas
    2. Baylor private
    3. TCU private
    4. Texas Tech
    5. Iowa State
    6. OK. State
    7. West Virginia
    8. Kansas State

Ranked by enrollment

1. Texas Tech
    2. Iowa State
    3. Kansas
    4. West Virginia
    5. Ok State
    6. Kansas St
    7. Baylor
    8. TCU
    If you are talking about for adding to a P4 conference, the most valuable is Kansas because if they get picked up, they will likely become the only P4 team in a state of 3million people. Texas Tech has an argument as they would become third banana in a state with 29million people if TCU and Baylor get left behind, so if they just get 10% of the potential fans in the State, that is better than Kansas getting 75% of the potential fans in Kansas.

vCash
    I haven't looked it up but I'm willing to bet it's bigger than ours.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)