Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
Lots of State fans were warning about Rocker and Bianco's pitchers throwing over 100 pitches very early in the season. I had an OM fan tell me that Bianco does it on purpose to strengthen his pitchers' arms.

Lemonis was doing the exact opposite--he took out a pitcher with a no-hitter going after 5-6 innings (early in the season, not just the CWS final). He took out all of our starting pitchers early all season, really. Not one complete game by a starter all year. Might have cost us a game or two or three during the season, but it paid off in the CWS. I hope he does it again in 2022 and I also hope we go 0-2 in the SEC Tournament again.
The biggest thing to me to go along with that is he typically only used Landon Sims once a weekend. Now, sure there were times that Sims pitched twice like the Ole Miss series but it wasn't the norm. And typically when he did pitch twice one of the outings was only for an inning. Also, I may be mistaken but I don't recall Sims pitching any midweek games this year too. Compare that to Kopps at Arkansas.