Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kumar Rocker

vCash

Kumar Rocker

Appears he has elbow issues. He and the Mets have agreed upon $6M to sign but apparently they're balking at that number in light of the medical situation.

This is why you don't stretch a kid to 100 pitches in Feb against Directional School Poly Tech. I feel bad for him.

vCash
    Please please just tell me he?s not coming back to Vandy****

In all seriousness hope he is ok and goes on to a great career. Good luck to him

vCash
    You mean he damaged his arm at Vandy? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

vCash
    Lot to be said about how Lemonis managed the pitching staff this past season.

vCash
    Pitchers get hurt. I don't think this is an indictment of vandy. Hell, didn't we lose like 4-5 a few years back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Lot to be said about how Lemonis managed the pitching staff this past season.
    Don't tell our fan base that during the season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Pitchers get hurt. I don't think this is an indictment of vandy. Hell, didn't we lose like 4-5 a few years back?
    It is when you continually have 100+ pitch outings. That was not our issue

vCash
    I tried to tell people toward the end of the season there was concern about his arm. It was all kinds of rumblings out there. Why do you think he fell to the 11th pick after being a #1 for most of the year. If he doesn’t sign, I bet he never sees Vandy again. He will have TJ surgery.

vCash
    I hope he signs. Don't want him back.. And would hate to hear he needed tj

vCash
    He was not his normal dominant self in Omaha for his 3 starts there.

I don’t wish ill will on any kid…but I won’t lose a minute of sleep if he never pitches in a big league game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I tried to tell people toward the end of the season there was concern about his arm. It was all kinds of rumblings out there. Why do you think he fell to the 11th pick after being a #1 for most of the year. If he doesn’t sign, I bet he never sees Vandy again. He will have TJ surgery.
    I think Vandy took advantage of his and his dads Football mentality, Mitch Mustains mom would never allowed this to happen. He might be on his 3rd school but not over worked.

vCash
    His velocity gradually slipped from about the halfway point of the season to the end, but the real telling feature was his loss of command and movement. Dead giveaway of injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I hope he signs. Don't want him back.. And would hate to hear he needed tj
    He's not going to go back to the guy that was throwing him 100+ every weekend and over 110 four times and cost him money in the first place.

I'm 99% sure he will sign. Now, yes he has other options but going back to Vandy is probably the least likely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    His velocity gradually slipped from about the halfway point of the season to the end, but the real telling feature was his loss of command and movement. Dead giveaway of injury.
    Yes. I believe he was typically around 97 or so on his fastball and when we saw him in the finals he was around 93. He was also relying a lot more on his slider instead of his fastball.

vCash
    Yeah. Two pitching coaches ago. And if Wes had stayed I guarantee you that it would have been used against us in recruiting. Fair or not. I think that was more about Wes coming in late and trying to implement his program as quickly as he could and something like that shouldn't be rushed. Wes was looking to move up in the baseball world anyway. And is now with the Twins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I think Vandy took advantage of his and his dads Football mentality, Mitch Mustains mom would never allowed this to happen. He might be on his 3rd school but not over worked.
    In college parents shouldn't have any say IMO about how a player is used. They're adults at that time. Now, they do have a responsibility to find someone that will develop their son and make an educated decision based on that and sure they can give advice on whether they think their son should go somewhere else or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    It is when you continually have 100+ pitch outings. That was not our issue
    Lots of State fans were warning about Rocker and Bianco's pitchers throwing over 100 pitches very early in the season. I had an OM fan tell me that Bianco does it on purpose to strengthen his pitchers' arms.

Lemonis was doing the exact opposite--he took out a pitcher with a no-hitter going after 5-6 innings (early in the season, not just the CWS final). He took out all of our starting pitchers early all season, really. Not one complete game by a starter all year. Might have cost us a game or two or three during the season, but it paid off in the CWS. I hope he does it again in 2022 and I also hope we go 0-2 in the SEC Tournament again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Lots of State fans were warning about Rocker and Bianco's pitchers throwing over 100 pitches very early in the season. I had an OM fan tell me that Bianco does it on purpose to strengthen his pitchers' arms.

Lemonis was doing the exact opposite--he took out a pitcher with a no-hitter going after 5-6 innings (early in the season, not just the CWS final). He took out all of our starting pitchers early all season, really. Not one complete game by a starter all year. Might have cost us a game or two or three during the season, but it paid off in the CWS. I hope he does it again in 2022 and I also hope we go 0-2 in the SEC Tournament again.
    The biggest thing to me to go along with that is he typically only used Landon Sims once a weekend. Now, sure there were times that Sims pitched twice like the Ole Miss series but it wasn't the norm. And typically when he did pitch twice one of the outings was only for an inning. Also, I may be mistaken but I don't recall Sims pitching any midweek games this year too. Compare that to Kopps at Arkansas.

vCash
    Remember that last year was cancelled early due to COVID, then many summer leagues were cancelled. So it had been 2 years since many guys had thrown a decent workload. Lemonis’s plan with Bednar, MacLeod, and Sims was to build them slowly and make sure they are fresh for regionals, supers, and CWS. And by limiting their pitches, it gave additional innings to a bullpen suffering from an increased roster size. We had guys who simply needed mound time. Those additional innings were great for Tepper, Tullar, Stone Simmons, Chase Patrick, etc.

The Bianco method would have been to pitch Bednar 7-8, and Stone Simmons wouldn’t pitch at all because he’s not ready. Lemonis pitched Bednar 5 and let Stone Simmons get his feet wet against SEC pitching and develop into a solid option. So Bianco enters tournament play with a thin bullpen and worn out aces.

Rocker, Leiter, Hoglund, and Nikhazy pitched too many innings early in my opinion. I said it all year.

vCash
    Totally different- we lost a bunch of Freshmen and/or guys that pitched very limited innings

(1) Padgett - 2 innings
    (2) Ford - no innings
    (3) Small - 10 innings
    (4) James - 25 innings after a Summers Rest, the following season
    (5) Hughes - 7 innings
    (6) Breaux - 16 innings but maybe no surgery

These kids were All American profile before injury, only Small achieved it. If they were overworked, it was more likely before MSU. But it is suspicious that Mini Me lost an entire freshman class and they were supposedly healthy before him.

Cyr and Pilkington did not get hurt, they were from that class of freshman