Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Simon Biles hiding behind mental health

vCash
    You could look at it this way Simon gave her spot to the alternate because she felt she was not at her best and the alternate would give the team a better chance to medal.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I am going to use this phrase from here on out, if you don't mind. At least 5 times a day on this site, some old "get off my lawn" self righteous douchebag starts one of these threads or chimes in on one of these threads. Whether it be against social issues in sports, binary sexual identities, black rights, women's rights, equality in general. In general, it is not something someone would say in a room full of strangers cause they know, deep down, they are being racist, a bigot, unpatriotic, whatever... They know it. So they come on here to spew utter nonsense. Sad thing is, there are tons of other posters that 100% agree.

I have said this before and I will say this again, some of you and your younger members of your families will look back in 20 years and realize that you were on the wrong side of history time and time again. Mississippi, keep on Mississippi.
    Lol why are you so worried about what other people think about you? Just do right and good and you don't have to worry about it. I don't care what anyone does, but **** you and anyone else who says I must celebrate social things I don't believe in.

How do we measure equality? What metrics are we using? How do we know when we are all equal? Maybe when we get more equal we can have more diversity on the men's basketball team.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Lee steps up and wins all around Gold for US. Nice job!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Lol why are you so worried about what other people think about you? Just do right and good and you don't have to worry about it. I don't care what anyone does, but **** you and anyone else who says I must celebrate social things I don't believe in.

How do we measure equality? What metrics are we using? How do we know when we are all equal? Maybe when we get more equal we can have more diversity on the men's basketball team.
    That's cool man. Equality is equality. I will say, comments will be challenged from here on out. Just as if I heard someone talking trash in public.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    You could look at it this way Simon gave her spot to the alternate because she felt she was not at her best and the alternate would give the team a better chance to medal.
    Well yeah, that is exactly what happened. Heartburn over her stepping aside was and is short sighted.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Does anyone have a gif of the "Jump to Conclusion" mat from office space? OP needs it.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    That's cool man. Equality is equality. I will say, comments will be challenged from here on out. Just as if I heard someone talking trash in public.
    If equality is equality then freedom is freedom.

vCash
    It?s a sports message board and we dialogue based on the information we have at the moment and what we had at the moment was the indication of ankle injury and the presser.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/simone-...al-11627473098

This article lays it out a ton better. The presser didn?t do her favors in my opinion. She basically got the yips, the shanks, whatever you want to call it. Nobody wants to see anybody get hurt and they could have explained that much better in the press conference.

All that said, congrats to Suni for winning the gold and I do hate that Simone?s career might end like this. Maybe she gets it together for the individual events and can perform at her best one last time.

vCash
    Well yeah, that is exactly what happened. Heartburn over her stepping aside was and is short sighted.
    Maybe, maybe not. If you are not your best the time to step aside and let someone else represent is at the trials, not the finals. Now if injury or something else happened which she can't control afterwards so be it but she said was no injury.

She is the one that put the GOAT on her arm; no one made her do that. If you gonna be the GOAT and you are on the team and not injured - you compete, win or lose.

vCash
    So by your metrics what do you consider to be "racist", bigoted, transphobic? Because all I am hearing from the left right now is follow the science when it comes to covid but if anyone points out that there is in fact a difference between a biological male and female when it comes to competing in sports which is rooted in scientific fact I am told that is a bigoted statement.

So if in fact you see a statement like that and consider it bigoted you sir are the one with an issue if we are supposed to "follow the science". All of the picking and choosing where we follow the science etc. is what is so dumb about all of this. You have the now sitting VP stating she wouldn't trust a vaccine while trump was in office before she was elected and is now stating everyone needs the vaccine(which is the same exact vaccine that was being worked on while Trump was in office), there is no difference in the vaccine before and after, just what was politically good for her at that moment and we wonder why people are hesitant of the vaccine. The least vaccinated group in our country is African Americans and the media is pushing the Tuskegee experiments as the reason, surely it has nothing to do with the fact that a black woman running for VP was publicly stating she wouldn't trust the vaccine before she was in office and is now stating that everyone needs it.

Now if someone were making a hateful statement about Trans people I could see where you could consider that offensive or bigoted IE " I hate so and so group of people". But simply making a scientifically true statement isn't bigoted and never will be no matter how bad you want it to be that way and shouting and pitching a fit isn't going to change any logically thinking person's mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. If you are not your best the time to step aside and let someone else represent is at the trials, not the finals. Now if injury or something else happened which she can't control afterwards so be it but she said was no injury.

She is the one that put the GOAT on her arm; no one made her do that. If you gonna be the GOAT and you are on the team and not injured - you compete, win or lose.
    So she was supposed to know a month ago that on the day of team competition she would have a mental issue that caused her to feel like if she continued she would probably injure herself badly and ruin the team's chances of medaling?
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash

Players or coaches? What are you implying here?

vCash
    I am going to use this phrase from here on out, if you don't mind. At least 5 times a day on this site, some old "get off my lawn" self righteous douchebag starts one of these threads or chimes in on one of these threads. Whether it be against social issues in sports, binary sexual identities, black rights, women's rights, equality in general. In general, it is not something someone would say in a room full of strangers cause they know, deep down, they are being racist, a bigot, unpatriotic, whatever... They know it. So they come on here to spew utter nonsense. Sad thing is, there are tons of other posters that 100% agree.

Simone Biles has done nothing but represent our country with pride and in dominating fashion. Get off her back about it. I don't care about her reason, and neither should anyone else.

I have said this before and I will say this again, some of you and your younger members of your families will look back in 20 years and realize that you were on the wrong side of history time and time again. Mississippi, keep on Mississippi.
    Great point, I agree 100%

vCash
    If equality is equality then freedom is freedom.
    Absolutely. So if you understand that, then working hard for equality, mutual respect, dignity, and freedom shouldn't be an issue.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    So she was supposed to know a month ago that on the day of team competition she would have a mental issue that caused her to feel like if she continued she would probably injure herself badly and ruin the team's chances of medaling?
    Dude, don't bring facts and actual timeline of events into this argument.
    Some on here don't understand that situations change.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Players or coaches? What are you implying here?
    They are not implying anything, I think he is outright stating it.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I think the disagreements on here come from how it was received. If the narrative were, ?That?s a shame and unfortunate that she couldn?t overcome it. Who will step up and help us win?? Instead of, ?Biles is so brave?we are with you! Great job!? I think that?s where the disagreements come from. Some see it as propping up quitting. I think smootness said it best?it was a failure on THIS day. Move on and Simone is one of the GOATS

vCash
    So anyone want to walk back their comments about Simone Biles now? Anyone?
    She suddenly was inflicted with a case of the Twisties. A mental issue known to exist in 100s of cases in the gymnastics world that has led to absolutely life threatening injuries due to the loss of spatial awareness and loss of muscle memory when doing twisting flipping motions.

Some conditions last momentarily, others the athlete has to relearn how to twist in the air akin to a toddler having to learn to walk over again.

"Hiding" behind this illness, what a pu$$y non-team member, right guys?
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I already explained the ?hiding? in the title and in multiple other posts but you won?t let it go because you feel the need to win some hypothetical moral war.

There is a difference between the twisties, the yips, etc as it?s something that is manifesting itself physically such as loss of balance vs just quitting because you feel like it.

Go back and watch the presser and tell me how you were supposed to arrive at a physical condition? That?s why I thought she was covering for something else going on. If she had just said she developed the twisties and couldn?t compete this thread would have a totally different tone.

But if you just took her exact words and put it in any other sporting context, the most common immediate reaction is ?what the heck??. The PR team failed her a bit in the presser.

Now if your stance is that you should never criticize and athlete or coach for a decision because you don?t know what?s going on their head at any moment, that?s fine. However I would advise that a sports message board isn?t the best place for you to hang out. Most threads are about questioning the decisions and rationales made by players, coaches, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I already explained the ?hiding? in the title and in multiple other posts but you won?t let it go because you feel the need to win some hypothetical moral war.

There is a difference between the twisties, the yips, etc as it?s something that is manifesting itself physically such as loss of balance vs just quitting because you feel like it.

Go back and watch the presser and tell me how you were supposed to arrive at a physical condition? That?s why I thought she was covering for something else going on. If she had just said she developed the twisties and couldn?t compete this thread would have a totally different tone.

But if you just took her exact words and put it in any other sporting context, the most common immediate reaction is ?what the heck??. The PR team failed her a bit in the presser.

Now if your stance is that you should never criticize and athlete or coach for a decision because you don?t know what?s going on their head at any moment, that?s fine. However I would advise that a sports message board isn?t the best place for you to hang out. Most threads are about questioning the decisions and rationales made by players, coaches, etc.
    We had multiple threads this football season wondering if our secondary's head was up their ass or whether or not Costello had the yips.....I don't remember either of those threads ending with someone calling out fans for their opinions on the matter. I'm pretty sure most involving Costello were the exact opposite.