Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Simon Biles hiding behind mental health

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    They had/have an alternate.
    Okay, But, you didn't answer the question ...

As team captain, why did she put herself in the 'team' competition, only to withdraw due to 'mental issues' (her words) if there were 'alternates' that were willing to compete?

Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post

As team captain, why did she put herself in the 'team' competition, only to withdraw due to 'mental issues' (her words) if there were 'alternates' that were willing to compete?

You won't get an answer because he wants a "gotcha" moment so bad. This all would have been a non issue had they just come out and stated what it was at the presser. He also won't answer why this is different from a male athlete doing the same thing the night before a big game and how he would respond.

He will call it a whataboutism because he knows he sets different standards for different demographics. If it fits his liberal worldview he will take one stance and if it pushes against that worldview he will deflect with "whataboutism" and or just call you a racist or a bigot. It is a win win for him in his mind.

Facts mean nothing unless they are slanted a certain left leaning way. If the facts back a right leaning way we all of the sudden no longer have to "follow the science" etc.

vCash
    I've never been a gymnist nor have I ever played pro sports. But in highschool I never quit on my team because I had pride in myself and wanted to support the team I chose to be a part of.

I couldn't imagine walking out on my team in the middle of a competition. Especially when I was chosen to represent my country and accepted that responsibility.

Unfortunately, with GenZ, life is a stage that is often too big for them.

vCash
    u
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    So she was supposed to know a month ago that on the day of team competition she would have a mental issue that caused her to feel like if she continued she would probably injure herself badly and ruin the team's chances of medaling?
    Dude they got doctors and all kinds of evaluators for this. A mental problem doesn't just usually come up overnight like a spider bite. Maybe it was there and someone made some bad decisions, I don't know but don't look good. ​

If she has legit issues I hope she gets help but this ain't normal to get a diagnosis like that right before this kind of event. If she is GOAT, you compete. Can you imagine MJ just opting out in finals because he had mental stress over personal issues? Dude he had plenty. That is why MJ is GOAT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    u

Dude they got doctors and all kinds of evaluators for this. A mental problem doesn't just usually come up overnight like a spider bite. Maybe it was there and someone made some bad decisions, I don't know but don't look good. ​

If she has legit issues I hope she gets help but this ain't normal to get a diagnosis like that right before this kind of event. If she is GOAT, you compete. Can you imagine MJ just opting out in finals because he had mental stress over personal issues? Dude he had plenty. That is why MJ is GOAT.
    MJ freaking quit basketball at his peak because of mental stuff (burn out, grief, etc)

He also didn't compete in a sport that if he was off his game mentally he could wind up paralyzed..

vCash
    Bottom line.....she quit on her team DURING the biggest competition in the sport. She let her teamates down at the worst possible time. She is no hero. You can sympathize with her sure, but celebrate what she did........HECK NO.

vCash
    MJ freaking quit basketball at his peak because of mental stuff (burn out, grief, etc)

He also didn't compete in a sport that if he was off his game mentally he could wind up paralyzed..
    Bruns my man, not gonna say it isn’t true, but MJ had a major problem with the GM. That was the reason he tried baseball. Back in those days I was into NBA, MJ, Magic and Bird made it fun to watch.

vCash
    In the initial press conference, she said she had the twistes, which causes you to loose spatial awareness. Something was definitely off during the preliminaries and warm ups. She was landing crooked and fell way out of bounds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Bottom line.....she quit on her team DURING the biggest competition in the sport. She let her teamates down at the worst possible time. She is no hero. You can sympathize with her sure, but celebrate what she did........HECK NO.
    The problem with this line of thinking is that you don't believe there was a real problem. She was having an issue called the twists. It's when a person gets disoriented and cannot tell up from down and they lose track of where they are. It happens to gymnast and when it does, they usually retire or try and push through it and get injured sometimes very badly. I did not want her out there risking her life over a dang medal myself. This was not her just quitting her team. She was unable to perform, the only thing workng for her was that she is the greatest gymnast to ever live or most likely she would have been injured already trying to push through.

I believe her. Why? I have had a similar thing happen to me while flying a plane. I was banking out during take off of a small private plane and lost me ability to find the ground or sky for about 30 seconds. I don't fly anymore. That was my last flight as pilot in command. There was another pilot in the plane that day, but I never relinquished controls. I have no idea why. I just pushed through and could have killed us. I was only a few feet off the ground and started banking into a left pattern which takes you toward aa tower south of KSTF airport. I was plenty high and turned before I got to it, but I didn't know that until I got my orientation back.

I do think more of her for saying the truth. She easily could have faked an injury and pulled out. You see, that's what people have done in the past to avoid this mental health stigma. They say they are hurt but in reality they lost it mentally. It happens for various reasons.

Yes, I am disappointed she was unable to perform but I would bet not nearly as much as she was. I know I want to fly again, but I won't.
    Last edited by Hot Rock; 07-30-2021 at 08:27 AM.

vCash
    There's really no reason not to believe her. She's never done anything like this before and has performed under the highest pressure and most stress time and time again.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post

Because she already qualified and then the issue started. Seems pretty straight forward.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    In the initial press conference, she said she had the twistes, which causes you to loose spatial awareness. Something was definitely off during the preliminaries and warm ups. She was landing crooked and fell way out of bounds.
    You can't argue using facts that rely on an actual timeline of events.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash

Again, people in this thread arguing against Biles cannot be persuaded they are wrong. Regardless of overwhelming evidence.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash

Discernment, brother. It can really help in life.

MJ never quit in middle of season. Same respect I'd have for her if she withdrew in trials.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Because she already qualified and then the issue started. Seems pretty straight forward.
    Again you don't catch mental illness like Covid - fine one day, sick the next. Those things build. That would have been known way before right before competition. Again, I have compassion for her in her problems. It just was not handled very good. You ask for it when you proclaim yourself GOAT.