Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lemonis gets a raise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA. How did I know you were gonna come say that??? I said his base was going to be 1.2 ish . you said the highest paid coach in the country and near 1.6 at least. You and I both weren't including bonuses. I didn't come here to throw it in your face but don't start acting like you were right. You weren't even close. Hell, his last contract was close to 1.6 w bonuses. And with bonuses, this one is way above 1.6. Whatever.
    OK. I said I was "close" but technically you said very firmly 1.2 with no mentions of any bonuses at all and it turned out to be 1.25 base salary without any bonuses that were reported included so technically you were equally "wrong" as well.

But yes, whatever. Go have a beer. At the end of the day we have a coach that will be the highest paid in baseball within the next five years with another National Championship and rightfully so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    OK. I said I was "close" but technically you said very firmly 1.2 with no mentions of any bonuses at all and it turned out to be 1.25 base salary without any bonuses that were reported included so technically you were equally "wrong" as well.

But yes, whatever. Go have a beer. At the end of the day we have a coach that will be the highest paid in baseball within the next five years with another National Championship and rightfully so.
    But he was RIGHT dammit! Pay attention to him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I'm with you; we are on the edge of making Dynasty. 3 straight CWS, 5 straight supers both records, Lemo could be baseball Saban in 2-3 years.
    Saban is an anomaly. The amount of dedication after so much success is rare. It's pretty common to rest on your laurels after achieving success. But let's hope he has the drive and desire to win 2-3 more... at least!

vCash
    Bama football fans cannot be compared to MSU baseball fans. We prolly have our fair share of nut jobs, but Harvey Updikes, Brian Downing, Collette Connell and Adrian Laroze Briskey are uniquely Bama and Oklahoma personalities (you will see). There are probably 100s of Texas corpses in shallow graves in Oklahoma.

https://www.foxnews.com/story/texas-...n-oklahoma-bar

Like Kyle Peterson said, we are now the post Championship Boston Red Sox. We won't play with fear of Indian Curses, Genes Ankle, Losing to a shity lefty on a career night, or facing a slew of MLB aces

Just this year- we survived Red Hot Notre Dame, Griff McGarrity's career night, McLeods meltdown, Kumar's biggest game, and broke Cole Quintannia's dominance. This team refused to be victimized by a Bobby Dalbec, there was always a counter punch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    But he was RIGHT dammit! Pay attention to him!
    I never really even questioned his info or said he was wrong to start with. I originally believe I said I would be surprised if his salary was 1.2 and that the reason it wasn't announced at the time was they were still negotiating.

I believe he was correct and MSU offered Lemonis 1.2 million. I also believe that Lemonis saw what Vitello was paid and countered with something like 1.4 or 1.5. Cohen and MSU probably came up with the 1.25 plus bonuses which amount to about 1.35 million if my math is right. And I think that MSU did well here because it's performance based. Meaning he is going to have to either pull a Cann incident or a 2015 season to not get the bonus so it's really a formality. And by announcing the "reduced" salary so that we can pay our assistants hire it demonstrates program stability and it makes them more difficult to be poached by other programs.

All sides won here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Bama football fans cannot be compared to MSU baseball fans. We prolly have our fair share of nut jobs, but Harvey Updikes, Brian Downing, Collette Connell and Adrian Laroze Briskey are uniquely Bama and Oklahoma personalities (you will see). There are probably 100s of Texas corpses in shallow graves in Oklahoma.

https://www.foxnews.com/story/texas-...n-oklahoma-bar

Like Kyle Peterson said, we are now the post Championship Boston Red Sox. We won't play with fear of Indian Curses, Genes Ankle, Losing to a shity lefty on a career night, or facing a slew of MLB aces

Just this year- we survived Red Hot Notre Dame, Griff McGarrity's career night, McLeods meltdown, Kumar's biggest game, and broke Cole Quintannia's dominance. This team refused to be victimized by a Bobby Dalbec, there was always a counter punch.
    They've been at this longer than us.**

Also they're going to have a larger sidewalk element who I would believe is the vast majority of "fans" that do these harmful acts to others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I never really even questioned his info or said he was wrong to start with. I originally believe I said I would be surprised if his salary was 1.2 and that the reason it wasn't announced at the time was they were still negotiating.

I believe he was correct and MSU offered Lemonis 1.2 million. I also believe that Lemonis saw what Vitello was paid and countered with something like 1.4 or 1.5. Cohen and MSU probably came up with the 1.25 plus bonuses which amount to about 1.35 million if my math is right. And I think that MSU did well here because it's performance based. Meaning he is going to have to either pull a Cann incident or a 2015 season to not get the bonus so it's really a formality. And by announcing the "reduced" salary so that we can pay our assistants hire it demonstrates program stability and it makes them more difficult to be poached by other programs.

All sides won here.
    Yes better to get paid a little less each year and coach longer (ultimately making more) because you are able to have and keep the top assistance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Yes better to get paid a little less each year and coach longer (ultimately making more) because you are able to have and keep the top assistance.
    Lemonis is going to do very well if he is around as long as I think he will be. College baseball coaches will stay in a place for awhile if they are successful a lot of times. 1.2+ million a year x 10-20 years is doing really well.

vCash
    If only we would do away with State income tax like Florida and Texas. Would help (certainly not hurt) keeping coaches

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Lemonis, our National Championship Coach, let that sink in

He's getting paid, for what he did for US, not for what he MIGHT do or what he did some place Else.

It just feels like Lemonis is now in Dynasty Mode and with the Championship safely on the counter, we fans, can rest more easy, trust his processes, and not measure the results on a daily ticker.

Our game threads are permanently changed.
    For game threads to change that would mean the fans that comment in those threads would have to change and that just isn't realistic. These are the same guys that act surprised and pissed that Alabama beat us again and that we would win every game if we just had a different coach or if they were the coach. Most of which probably didn't play baseball, football, or basketball past high school.