Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Lemonis gets a raise

  1. #1
    Senior Member KOdawg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    7,897
    vCash
    964000

    Lemonis gets a raise

    $1,250,000 salary with a $25,000 annual bump.

    Probably could've gotten more, but I think he wants his assistants to get paid well too.

  2. #2
    Senior Member starkvegasdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Eye of the Storm
    Posts
    21,285
    vCash
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    $1,250,000 salary with a $25,000 annual bump.

    Probably could've gotten more, but I think he wants his assistants to get paid well too.
    He can probably be comfortable in Starkville on 1.25mil/year.

  3. #3
    Senior Member StarkVegasSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,260
    vCash
    95574
    About right where most thought it would be. Puts him in line with what Manieri was making at LSU and what A&M is paying Schloss. It also makes Tennessee look even dumber for paying Vitello all that money. As I've stated before, that contract looks dumb now, but it's going to look epically bad in 2 years when all of Serrano's talent is gone.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,881
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    $1,250,000 salary with a $25,000 annual bump.

    Probably could've gotten more, but I think he wants his assistants to get paid well too.
    Hmmm. I'm shocked that's what he got*****

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,881
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    About right where most thought it would be. Puts him in line with what Manieri was making at LSU and what A&M is paying Schloss. It also makes Tennessee look even dumber for paying Vitello all that money. As I've stated before, that contract looks dumb now, but it's going to look epically bad in 2 years when all of Serrano's talent is gone.
    While I agree that UT overpaid him, that don't have what we have as a product either. They had too. Also our assistant pool is higher than theirs

  7. #7
    Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,050
    vCash
    162586
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    About right where most thought it would be. Puts him in line with what Manieri was making at LSU and what A&M is paying Schloss. It also makes Tennessee look even dumber for paying Vitello all that money. As I've stated before, that contract looks dumb now, but it's going to look epically bad in 2 years when all of Serrano's talent is gone.
    I agree with this. Vitello caught lightning in a bottle.
    Romans 5:8

  8. #8
    Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,050
    vCash
    162586
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Hmmm. I'm shocked that's what he got*****
    Lol. Couple of us nailed it and very few would listen.
    Romans 5:8

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,418
    vCash
    600
    Lemonis, our National Championship Coach, let that sink in

    He's getting paid, for what he did for US, not for what he MIGHT do or what he did some place Else.

    It just feels like Lemonis is now in Dynasty Mode and with the Championship safely on the counter, we fans, can rest more easy, trust his processes, and not measure the results on a daily ticker.

    Our game threads are permanently changed.

  10. #10
    Senior Member StarkVegasSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,260
    vCash
    95574
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Lemonis, our National Championship Coach, let that sink in

    He's getting paid, for what he did for US, not for what he MIGHT do or what he did some place Else.

    It just feels like Lemonis is now in Dynasty Mode and with the Championship safely on the counter, we fans, can rest more easy, trust his processes, and not measure the results on a daily ticker.

    Our game threads are permanently changed.
    Just wait til the first time the shift bites us in the ass.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,426
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Lemonis, our National Championship Coach, let that sink in

    He's getting paid, for what he did for US, not for what he MIGHT do or what he did some place Else.

    It just feels like Lemonis is now in Dynasty Mode and with the Championship safely on the counter, we fans, can rest more easy, trust his processes, and not measure the results on a daily ticker.

    Our game threads are permanently changed.
    I'm with you; we are on the edge of making Dynasty. 3 straight CWS, 5 straight supers both records, Lemo could be baseball Saban in 2-3 years.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    3,150
    vCash
    53427
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Just wait til the first time the shift bites us in the ass.
    Or we leave a pitcher in too long.

    Or we let a guy hit through the slump...

  13. #13
    Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    8,868
    vCash
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    He can probably be comfortable in Starkville on 1.25mil/year.
    When I was making 1.25 it was pretty comfortable.
    Downvotes_Hype

  14. #14
    Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    8,868
    vCash
    586
    Yeah, game threads goin to Game Thread.
    Downvotes_Hype

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,354
    vCash
    122388
    This statement is the most important one for creating a dynasty.... "Lemonis' assistant coaching staff is the highest paid baseball staff in the country."

    Found that here: https://hailstate.com/news/2021/7/26...extension.aspx

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NE MS
    Posts
    550
    vCash
    396115
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    This statement is the most important one for creating a dynasty.... "Lemonis' assistant coaching staff is the highest paid baseball staff in the country."

    Found that here: https://hailstate.com/news/2021/7/26...extension.aspx
    I was thinking the same thing. The staff is getting paid as well. Nice job.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,418
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Or we leave a pitcher in too long.

    Or we let a guy hit through the slump...
    For me, it's changed. The Elephant in the room for MSU baseball has been the Championship. With that monkey off our collective back, we can enjoy baseball even more and not be so triggered by game-by-game events.

    This championship was a massive catharsis.

    And it was a blow out in Game-2 and Game-3. No doubt that Lemonis trucked Corbin. One coach had two-top 10 draft pick starters and 35 scholarships. The other coach took home the championship.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 07-27-2021 at 03:36 PM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Todd4State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    34,962
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Hmmm. I'm shocked that's what he got*****
    With the bonuses it's very close to what I thought it would be.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,881
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    With the bonuses it's very close to what I thought it would be.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA. How did I know you were gonna come say that??? I said his base was going to be 1.2 ish . you said the highest paid coach in the country and near 1.6 at least. You and I both weren't including bonuses. I didn't come here to throw it in your face but don't start acting like you were right. You weren't even close. Hell, his last contract was close to 1.6 w bonuses. And with bonuses, this one is way above 1.6. Whatever.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Todd4State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    34,962
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    For me, it's changed. The Elephant in the room for MSU baseball has been the Championship. With that monkey off our collective back, we can enjoy baseball even more and not be so triggered by game-by-game events.

    This championship was a massive catharsis.

    And it was a blow out in Game-2 and Game-3. No doubt that Lemonis trucked Corbin. One coach had two-top 10 draft pick starters and 35 scholarships. The other coach took home the championship.
    Based on how Alabama fans react on game day I suspect our game day threads won't change much.

    Winning a National Championship is a weight off of every MSU fan's shoulders. And we'll see if the NIL agreement becomes our Vandy scholarship advantage or not.

    What's exciting to me is Lemonis has done this without "his" players- which means we are probably going to get better. Also, unlike Ray Tanner he's not in year 10+ at MSU and just now enjoying the fruits of his labor. I think he is a coach that is hungry for more. And knows how to delegate to others. Which gives us the flexibility to hire the very best pitching and hitting coach available. Plus I think the way we have built our program is more sustainable than 1990's LSU or even Vanderbilt now where they're one rule change away from the party being over.

    There's no way to know what the future holds, but I do think we have a chance to be the absolute premiere college baseball program in the country. And honestly while I'm certainly biased about this- I don't any fans deserve it more than MSU.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.