Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lemonis gets a raise

vCash

Lemonis gets a raise

$1,250,000 salary with a $25,000 annual bump.

Probably could've gotten more, but I think he wants his assistants to get paid well too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

Probably could've gotten more, but I think he wants his assistants to get paid well too.
    He can probably be comfortable in Starkville on 1.25mil/year.

vCash
    About right where most thought it would be. Puts him in line with what Manieri was making at LSU and what A&M is paying Schloss. It also makes Tennessee look even dumber for paying Vitello all that money. As I've stated before, that contract looks dumb now, but it's going to look epically bad in 2 years when all of Serrano's talent is gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

Hmmm. I'm shocked that's what he got*****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    About right where most thought it would be. Puts him in line with what Manieri was making at LSU and what A&M is paying Schloss. It also makes Tennessee look even dumber for paying Vitello all that money. As I've stated before, that contract looks dumb now, but it's going to look epically bad in 2 years when all of Serrano's talent is gone.
    While I agree that UT overpaid him, that don't have what we have as a product either. They had too. Also our assistant pool is higher than theirs

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    I agree with this. Vitello caught lightning in a bottle.
    Romans 5:8

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Lol. Couple of us nailed it and very few would listen.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Lemonis, our National Championship Coach, let that sink in

He's getting paid, for what he did for US, not for what he MIGHT do or what he did some place Else.

It just feels like Lemonis is now in Dynasty Mode and with the Championship safely on the counter, we fans, can rest more easy, trust his processes, and not measure the results on a daily ticker.

Our game threads are permanently changed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

He's getting paid, for what he did for US, not for what he MIGHT do or what he did some place Else.

It just feels like Lemonis is now in Dynasty Mode and with the Championship safely on the counter, we fans, can rest more easy, trust his processes, and not measure the results on a daily ticker.

Just wait til the first time the shift bites us in the ass.

vCash

I'm with you; we are on the edge of making Dynasty. 3 straight CWS, 5 straight supers both records, Lemo could be baseball Saban in 2-3 years.

vCash
    Just wait til the first time the shift bites us in the ass.
    Or we leave a pitcher in too long.

Or we let a guy hit through the slump...

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    He can probably be comfortable in Starkville on 1.25mil/year.
    When I was making 1.25 it was pretty comfortable.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Yeah, game threads goin to Game Thread.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    This statement is the most important one for creating a dynasty.... "Lemonis' assistant coaching staff is the highest paid baseball staff in the country."

Found that here: https://hailstate.com/news/2021/7/26...extension.aspx

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    This statement is the most important one for creating a dynasty.... "Lemonis' assistant coaching staff is the highest paid baseball staff in the country."

Found that here: https://hailstate.com/news/2021/7/26...extension.aspx
    I was thinking the same thing. The staff is getting paid as well. Nice job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Or we leave a pitcher in too long.

Or we let a guy hit through the slump...
    For me, it's changed. The Elephant in the room for MSU baseball has been the Championship. With that monkey off our collective back, we can enjoy baseball even more and not be so triggered by game-by-game events.

This championship was a massive catharsis.

And it was a blow out in Game-2 and Game-3. No doubt that Lemonis trucked Corbin. One coach had two-top 10 draft pick starters and 35 scholarships. The other coach took home the championship.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 07-27-2021 at 03:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    With the bonuses it's very close to what I thought it would be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    With the bonuses it's very close to what I thought it would be.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA. How did I know you were gonna come say that??? I said his base was going to be 1.2 ish . you said the highest paid coach in the country and near 1.6 at least. You and I both weren't including bonuses. I didn't come here to throw it in your face but don't start acting like you were right. You weren't even close. Hell, his last contract was close to 1.6 w bonuses. And with bonuses, this one is way above 1.6. Whatever.

vCash
    For me, it's changed. The Elephant in the room for MSU baseball has been the Championship. With that monkey off our collective back, we can enjoy baseball even more and not be so triggered by game-by-game events.

This championship was a massive catharsis.

And it was a blow out in Game-2 and Game-3. No doubt that Lemonis trucked Corbin. One coach had two-top 10 draft pick starters and 35 scholarships. The other coach took home the championship.
    Based on how Alabama fans react on game day I suspect our game day threads won't change much.

Winning a National Championship is a weight off of every MSU fan's shoulders. And we'll see if the NIL agreement becomes our Vandy scholarship advantage or not.

What's exciting to me is Lemonis has done this without "his" players- which means we are probably going to get better. Also, unlike Ray Tanner he's not in year 10+ at MSU and just now enjoying the fruits of his labor. I think he is a coach that is hungry for more. And knows how to delegate to others. Which gives us the flexibility to hire the very best pitching and hitting coach available. Plus I think the way we have built our program is more sustainable than 1990's LSU or even Vanderbilt now where they're one rule change away from the party being over.

There's no way to know what the future holds, but I do think we have a chance to be the absolute premiere college baseball program in the country. And honestly while I'm certainly biased about this- I don't any fans deserve it more than MSU.