Thread: Aikman?s comments about Dak ....

vCash

Aikman?s comments about Dak ....

Comments just made, by Troy Aikman, regarding Dak?s leadership skills, character, etc.

?????
    "I think he is the best at it. I honestly do. I put him in a category in a handful of players in this league as far as that goes," Aikman said. "What he represents for this franchise, for our league, the type of person and teammate he is. I was telling Jerry, when I was visiting with him, that I really haven't been around many players, either as a broadcaster or as a player myself, that carry themselves the way that he does. I think the Cowboys are really fortunate to have someone like him representing the team."

"I think every time I see him each year he gets better and better," Aikman said. "I know that there is a lot of concern about the ankle and how he's doing there. Heck, it's probably stronger than his other ankle with everything that he has in it. But I thought he looked great today. I expect him to have an outstanding season."
    ?????

There may have been some as good, but there will never be a better ambassador, for MSU, than Dak Prescott.

vCash
    Troy is just balancing out the negativity he slings at Dak when calling Cowboys games.***

vCash
    Seems like just yesterday when everybody on Sixpack was raising hell at me because I said he was going to be better than Tyler Russell and take the job from him.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Seems like just yesterday when everybody on Sixpack was raising hell at me because I said he was going to be better than Tyler Russell and take the job from him.
    Hmm not me.

vCash
    He looks sharp in practice so far. That offense will be special if they can stay healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    He looks sharp in practice so far. That offense will be special if they can stay healthy.
    Desperately need the OL to not suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Desperately need the OL to not suck.
    Well it helps that they are all healthy. 3 starters were out last season. Collins and Tyron smith both in the best shape of their careers. Same for zeke. Apparently Dak working through his rehab woke some guys up.

vCash
    Well it helps that they are all healthy. 3 starters were out last season. Collins and Tyron smith both in the best shape of their careers. Same for zeke. Apparently Dak working through his rehab woke some guys up.
    Hope so.

Tyron seems to be made of glass and balsa wood, though. Looks good one week. Garbage the next. Then hurt the next.

vCash
    And don't worry, I'm well aware of the Cowboys OL woes the last few years. I've said numerous times their status as "one of the best OLs in the league" is one of the most overused and ignorant statements of recent memory. Last year, Dak was missing both his starting tackles, and was still putting up video game numbers, despite also having a sieve for a defense. Dak is going to go nuts this year.

vCash
    And don't worry, I'm well aware of the Cowboys OL woes the last few years. I've said numerous times their status as "one of the best OLs in the league" is one of the most overused and ignorant statements of recent memory. Last year, Dak was missing both his starting tackles, and was still putting up video game numbers, despite also having a sieve for a defense. Dak is going to go nuts this year.
    I would agree with this 100%

vCash
    I've said numerous times their status as "one of the best OLs in the league" is one of the most overused and ignorant statements of recent memory.
    No doubt it is. That was just stupid.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    It helps you offensive numbers if the other team scores at will. Even then, Dak was making some great plays throughout the time he played. I believe he may have had more yards through 6 games than a couple of dudes did throughout the season.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    It helps you offensive numbers if the other team scores at will. Even then, Dak was making some great plays throughout the time he played. I believe he may have had more yards through 6 games than a couple of dudes did throughout the season.
    Pretty sure he was on pace to break just about every meaningful single season record when he got hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Not me either?I?ve given you credit many times for calling it right with Dak when he was still in high school. Kudos..
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    When he went down, he led the NFL in passing. I think he was hurt right before halftime. He still led the NFL in passing after the next week. It took the next QB 2 1/2 games to pass him, he was that far ahead. He set the record for most passing games over 400 yards in a row and I think was the first NFL QB to have back to back games over 450 yards.