Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's official. They are leaving in 2025

vCash

It's official. They are leaving in 2025

vCash
    They'll leave well before 2025. They'll get an agreement in place between the Big 12, the SEC, and the two schools and they'll be members by 2022 if I had to guess.

vCash
    Agreed that this will happen in 2022. Missouri announced in the fall of 2011 and played in the SEC in 2012. They'll get something similar done.

vCash
    https://bleacherreport.com/oklahoma-...s-leave-big-12

roast page.

Best one -Mississippi state official statement "tell them to bring me my money"

vCash
    This may be a question already answered elsewhere, but have the SEC schools already voted on this?

And, how can this not hurt us, no matter the sport? Money talks, and Texas practically has bottomless pockets.

And, why wouldn?t Saban be against this?

Lots of questions, I know. Just trying to get a better understanding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    This may be a question already answered elsewhere, but have the SEC schools already voted on this?

And, how can this not hurt us, no matter the sport? Money talks, and Texas practically has bottomless pockets.

Saban isn't against this because he is at the best program in the country and is the best coach in the country. Dude isn't scared of a little competition and he knows Sark like the back of his hand. basically rehabilitated Sark's career.

Yes, it will most definitely hurt us in football and basketball as far as the record goes but it should help us as far as playing more teams with better name recognition and more followers. The better, more intriguing games can only help us as far as our reputation goes because nobody will remember Texas beating us but when we beat them it will be news worthy every time even if we technically have a better program than they do at the time(which we don't right now).

It was going to happen one way or the other at some point and was going to either be a couple of the top teams from the ACC or a couple of the top teams from the B12. Either way you cut it another expansion was going to happen.

The only thing I am a tad worried about is if Texas will integrate into the SEC well or if they will try and run everything like they did in the last two conferences. I don't think it will be as easy for them this time as there are several other name brand teams that have a good foothold on making sure things don't get to one sided.

vCash
    Mr. Pilkington
    @Onikuno
    So far this year... - EA Announces the return of NCAA Football. - CFP expands to 12 teams. - NIL allows players to get paid. - Oklahoma and Texas join the SEC. It's still July.

vCash
    Thanks, BB30. After reading thread about ?what I am hearing?, just left with more confusion & questions.

To Jack L, yeah, had read that. And, to think we still have half a year to go. What do they say .... Buckle in. It is going to be a bumpy ride.

vCash
    Expect OU and UT to be playing football in the SEC in 2022... per an sec AD.
    Once the SEC accepts OU and UT, the remaining 8 teams are going to scramble. If 4 more leave, the governing rules are evidently void.
    Possibly by a member school leaving, the tv contract could be reduced... that's something to follow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Mr. Pilkington
    @Onikuno
    So far this year... - EA Announces the return of NCAA Football. - CFP expands to 12 teams. - NIL allows players to get paid. - Oklahoma and Texas join the SEC. It's still July.
    Did you forget the one time transfer rule change to the transfer portal? The portal was there last year but there is rules change that allows players to make a one transfer without clearance.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Can you imagine telling your wife you're leaving her and then living in the house for 3 more years? or
    telling your employer 17U and then expect to stick around another 3 years?
    No Signature

vCash
    I think I read where there is a requirement that you inform the league at least 18 months before your planned departure. They are under a TV contract as well so they announced it to be at the end of the TV contract. Pay no attention to any of that for a timeframe. The lawyers take over at this point. A buyout most likely will be negotiated and TX and OU will be gone soon. That may take a few months to sort out but they are gone, probably not this year but it could easily happen before another year.

vCash
    They'll be playing in their new Conf next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post

This just makes our brand smaller and football recruiting harder for us. I wish there was something positive for us in this deal, but I don't see jack crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    This just makes our brand smaller and football recruiting harder for us. I wish there was something positive for us in this deal, but I don't see jack crap.
    I agree, I guess this is about more money?

vCash
    We?re not good in football anyway, and realistically will never be a contender so I don?t think this is that bad. It could really help us as well if we go to the pods and end up in a pod with something like ole miss, arky, and one other. We could still go 7-5 every year, bowl games, not play Alabama every year. Take the extra money and throw it all into baseball and keep winning nattys there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    We?re not good in football anyway, and realistically will never be a contender so I don?t think this is that bad. It could really help us as well if we go to the pods and end up in a pod with something like ole miss, arky, and one other. We could still go 7-5 every year, bowl games, not play Alabama every year. Take the extra money and throw it all into baseball and keep winning nattys there
    Shhh... don?t say that too loud. There are State fans on these boards that think we are on the cusp of being a national power in football and when that happens State fans will forget about baseball. {sarcasm intended on the last point}

vCash
    The additional 30-40 million per year to each school resultant of this expansion makes it all worth it.

vCash
    I disagree, we aren't beating TX and OU our for most guys right now, but we also don't always beat out the Kansas St's and Ok St's...We will now.....This is good for us.....

vCash
    There will definitely not be a Pod of LSU, OM, MSU, and UArk. Not way they give MSU 3 easy wins like that.