Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Depth Chart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I guess we will just have to wait and see what the 2 time national college football coach of the year decides to do.
    maybe we should bring Joe Lee Dunn back. He was defensive coach of the year at one time. Adapt or Die. Let's hope he's not as stubborn as he seems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    maybe we should bring Joe Lee Dunn back. He was defensive coach of the year at one time. Adapt or Die. Let's hope he's not as stubborn as he seems.
    He just won national coach of the year following the 2018 season. It's not like the game has changed massively since then. And I think the pass run balance in the two games to close the season was positive

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Well Mike Leach won it 3 years ago with half the talent he has at State. If you think he doesn’t know what he’s doing long term you are quite frankly ignorant and there is no other way to put it. His teams have looked shitty year one at every stop he’s been and last year he didn’t even have a spring to install a complete philosophy change with players that were not recruited to a pass first offense. He is going to win here at an acceptable level. Stop acting like an idiot over a season where we continually improved with a roster that quite frankly had no business even competing by the end of the year. A quarter of our conference is now teams he spent a decade routinely beating in the big 12 with half the talent we have here.
    Last edited by Jarius; 07-27-2021 at 09:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Well Mike Leach won it 3 years ago with half the talent he has at State. If you think he doesn’t know what he’s doing long term you are quite frankly ignorant and there is no other way to put it. His teams have looked shitty year one at every stop he’s been and last year he didn’t even have a spring to install a complete philosophy change with players that were not recruited to a pass first offense. He is going to win here at an acceptable level. Stop acting like an idiot over a season where we continually improved with a roster that quite frankly had no business even competing by the end of the year. A quarter of our conference is now teams he spent a decade routinely beating in the big 12 with half the talent we have here.
    I guess we'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    We had three first round picks on that 17 defense, I'm not sure I see that here.

All our defense has to be is solid and we will improve.
    Emerson and Forbes are 1st round talent. I'm anxious to see the development of some of our DL. I do think we have one that eventually develop into a 1st round guy. Crumedy, Pickering or young. I'm high on Charlton and
    Wheat as well.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Emerson and Forbes are 1st round talent. I'm anxious to see the development of some of our DL. I do think we have one that eventually develop into a 1st round guy. Crumedy, Pickering or young. I'm high on Charlton and
    Wheat as well.
    Jordan Davis is the one who is going to take a massive jump this year IMO. Paul Jones has said the coaches love how he has been playing at his new spot (Paul picked him as his breakout player on defense this year) and it usually takes a year for the juco guys to fully adjust. I’m excited about him this year.

vCash
    I think wheat and Davis both have big years