Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Football Depth Chart

vCash

2021 MSU Football Depth Chart

I'm starting to move into football mode. Figured I'd take a crack at the depth chart on a slow Monday. Feel free to disagree, post your own, discuss. Let's talk some football.

OFFENSE:

QB: Will Rogers...Jack Abraham...Sawyer Robertson

RB: Jo'quavious Marks and/or Dillon Johnson... Simeon Price

Outside WR:
    Malik Heath...Tulu Griffin...Jacobi Moore
    Makai Polk...Caleb Ducking...Quinton Torbor

Inside WR:
    Jaden Walley...Jamire Calvin...Rufus Harvey
    Austin Williams...Teddy Knox...Brodie King

LT: Charles Cross...Scott Lashley
    LG: Laquinston Sharp...Calvin McMillian
    C: Cole Smith...Laquinston Sharp
    RG: Dolla Bill...Cordavien Suggs
    RT: Kam Jones...Nick Jones

DEFENSE:

DE: Jordan Davis...Jaden Crumedy...Demonte Russell
    DT: Jaden Crumedy and/or Nathan Pickering...Cam Young
    DE: Randy Charlton...Aaron Odom and/or Jevon Banks

MLB: Nate Watson...Deshawn Page...Rodney Groce
    OLB: Aaron Brule...Deshawn Page...JP Purvis
    Edge LB: Tyrus Wheat...John Lewis...Demonte Russell

CB: Martin Emerson...Decamarion Richardson...Jalen Green
    CB: Emmanuel Forbes...Esaias Furdge...Jaylon Reed (Lord help us if we get to here)
    FS: Jalen Green...Londyn Craft...Dylan Lawrence
    SS: Collin Duncan...Shawn Preston and/or CJ Morgan
    Dawg: Fred Peters...Janari Dean...Shawn Preston

SPECIAL TEAMS:

K: Brandon Ruiz
    P: Tucker Day
    KO: Scott Goodman
    KR: Tulu Griffin...Teddy Knox
    PR: Austin Williams...Jaden Walley

vCash
    Man, we are pretty thin pretty much everywhere. That's never been a good recipe for winning SEC games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Man, we are pretty thin pretty much everywhere. That's never been a good recipe for winning SEC games.
    I think we've got good depth at WR, DL, and S. But if we have an injury at CB or OL, we're in trouble. Can't afford an injury at LB either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I think we've got good depth at WR, DL, and S. But if we have an injury at CB or OL, we're in trouble. Can't afford an injury at LB either.
    RB, LB, the entire OL, maybe QB (who knows), and I'm not sold on DE yet.

vCash
    What about Antonio Harmon at WR?

vCash
    Hargrove is 195 and ran a 4.3 a few weeks ago. Any reason why Price is over him?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Hargrove is 195 and ran a 4.3 a few weeks ago. Any reason why Price is over him?
    He's coming off an injury, but if he's a full go, then I could see him and Price battling it out for that 3rd spot. Ideally, I'd like one of them to redshirt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    What about Antonio Harmon at WR?
    I think Antonio probably needs a year to get acclimated. Physically, he's ready, but he played in a triple option offense in high school, so he just needs practice reps

vCash
    Maybe on O in some spots but that D looks nasty. Not as much experience in a few spots but talent is there. D is gonna give us a chance to win most games. Can the O deliver anything, something?

vCash
    I counted about 21 OL, 20 safeties, and about 18 or so WR. I know some are young and some are walkons, but someone past or present has deemed them worthy to play for us in the SEC. Looks to me if we can't find depth in this quantity of players, it's our fault. Hail State!

vCash
    We have plenty of bodies on the OL, but I don't know enough about who is a guard or a tackle to put them at a position.

I'm confident in the starting 5. Lashley can back up at tackle and guard. Sharp can play either guard spot and center. Reese is an athletic freak but idk if he contributes his first year. Carson Williams is another Juco guy we signed, but we reached on him imo. The bodies are there. The experience isn't.

vCash
    He's coming off an injury, but if he's a full go, then I could see him and Price battling it out for that 3rd spot. Ideally, I'd like one of them to redshirt.
    They both can play 4 games and redshirt them both. Leach rarely uses more than two backs a lot anyway but at 4.3....

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    We have plenty of bodies on the OL, but I don't know enough about who is a guard or a tackle to put them at a position.

I'm confident in the starting 5. Lashley can back up at tackle and guard. Sharp can play either guard spot and center. Reese is an athletic freak but idk if he contributes his first year. Carson Williams is another Juco guy we signed, but we reached on him imo. The bodies are there. The experience isn't.
    Lashley has a good shot at being the starter at RT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Lashley has a good shot at being the starter at RT.
    It'll be a battle between him and Kam, for sure

vCash
    I feel great about our inside receivers, need the outside guys to show consistency. I am of the opinion that Walley and Griffin are by far our most dynamic playmakers until proven otherwise, need to get them both the ball as much as possible.

Overall I feel like we have a pretty solid starting 22 with no obvious weaknesses... the issue is going to be depth, particularly at LB and in the secondary. Would be big if somebody like John Lewis came in and was a key contributor right away, or if someone like Richardson took a noticeable step forward.

vCash
    I see you have Crumedy as a backup to Davis. I agree that you will see Crumedy at DE occasionally with Pickering at NG. But Crumedy would be strong side. So not on the same side as Davis.

vCash
    Sherman Timbs will be in the 3-deep somewhere. Guaranteed. Not a starter, but at least a 3rd stringer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I see you have Crumedy as a backup to Davis. I agree that you will see Crumedy at DE occasionally with Pickering at NG. But Crumedy would be strong side. So not on the same side as Davis.
    Correct. Good call

vCash
    Emerson and Forbes will be good. They better stay healthy.

vCash
    Should be an interesting year watching the RB's catch 100 swing passes this season.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is