Thread: So Bjork is saying that TAMU is the "flagship" of Texas college sports

vCash

So Bjork is saying that TAMU is the "flagship" of Texas college sports

Agree or disagree.

Sounds kinda like a school a little to the NW of us

vCash
    Completely disagree. University of Texas is at the top of the pecking order and all others fall well below. A&M has lots of money, but it doesn?t make them the ?flagship.?

And, yes?. That was definitely borrowed and used from another school that thinks a lot more of themselves than anyone else does.

vCash
    There are two types of people. Those who talk about winning. And those that win....

vCash
    A&M will soon realize no one cares. This is way bigger than them

vCash
    I can understand a&m’s angst in this thing. As someone with little exposure to UT, even I can see what huge pains in the ass they can be and are. Just imagine having more money than anyone else, national titles (in many sports), and more power than maybe anyone else and giving all of that to olemiss. MSU people would try to leave the planet rather than deal with them.

When a&m went to the sec without ut, they thought it was going to even the playing field or give them an advantage over ut. That and they were out from under ut’s boot and now they are looking at going back to the way things were. I’d be pissy too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    Agree or disagree.

He just forgot that he wasn't still in Oxford.

vCash

Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    double ouch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Right. Just the same marketing plan. No creativity.

vCash
    Agree or disagree.

He is such an idiot. No wonder OM had him. TAMU is now a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    I can understand a&m’s angst in this thing. As someone with little exposure to UT, even I can see what huge pains in the ass they can be and are. Just imagine having more money than anyone else, national titles (in many sports), and more power than maybe anyone else and giving all of that to olemiss. MSU people would try to leave the planet rather than deal with them.

When a&m went to the sec without ut, they thought it was going to even the playing field or give them an advantage over ut. That and they were out from under ut’s boot and now they are looking at going back to the way things were. I’d be pissy too.
    You mean like MSU baseball is to OM? Yeah that is hard to take for OM. Totally get it.

vCash
    Agree or disagree.

Not to quibble, but in the quote I read, he described aTm as "a flagship university." Either way, whether at TSUN or aTm, Bjork is in over his head. Like Dalton said, he's "got the wrong disposition" for the position.

vCash
    UT has a way bigger national fan base and brand, but it's much more 50/50 in state that people realize.

A&M folks are much less fairweather and more committed than TX fans
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    In all honesty I think prior to them joining the SEC there wasn?t a debate that UT was the flagship, but aTm advanced their standing significantly by joining the SEC. Texas football has really struggled and I think part of that has to do with aTm getting better recruits because of them being SEC. I?m sure this is a factor in Texas wanting to join. My concern with Texas is that they try to always run the show. I do think this will be more difficult for them to do in the SEC, but they will still make their presence known and will cause issues. I get aTm being mad about being left in the dark on this and not wanting to deal with them. They have first hand experience with Texas and so does Ark and Mizzou. I have no reason to doubt those schools judgement on UT and because of that I?m not really a big fan of them joining. I would rather we add Clemson and Florida State if we are adding teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    UT has a way bigger national fan base and brand, but it's much more 50/50 in state that people realize.

Yeah. Everyone makes fun of how weird A&M is, and they are to a certain extent, but there is a lot of substance to them, especially compared to texas fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

They actually have a tradition of squeezing their nuts and screaming. That is past committed.

vCash
    Agree or disagree.

Disagree. How many National championships have they won?? Then of course where would you rather be Austin or College station????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Disagree. How many National championships have they won?? Then of course where would you rather be Austin or College station????
    Easy answer: College Station. Austin is way too coastal California for me.