Thread: SEC expansion Poll

vCash

SEC expansion Poll

ED election

vCash
    YE$ on both.

vCash
    No on UT Austin and OU

Yes on 2 teams State has a chance to win 5 out of every 10 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    No on UT Austin and OU

Yes on 2 teams State has a chance to win 5 out of every 10 games.
    Texas is one of those programs. We're 4-3 against A&M in the post-Manziel Era and Texas fans demand excellence less than A&M fans do. We'd be at least 6-4, maybe 7-3, had we played Texas the last 10 years

vCash
    Yes if pods that are shown before the vote,; hopefully they'd put us with ole Miss, LSU and Arkansas. I have a feeling they're going to try and make TAMU happy by putting them in a favorable division, not with Texas.

vCash
    My vote is yes to both with the caveat that we don't play Bama every year.

vCash
    Only reason I'm saying yes is the money. If it's blocked, I don't care but I wish we'd be approached by two other big named schools if so. However at this point I don't want to seem like TAMU and look scared of them.

vCash
    Obviously money would be the main force behind any decision. It?would mean more of a piece to all schools when it?s all distributed.of course this is just my opinion but if it happens. I see bama and auburn moving to the east. West would see ou, Texas, lsu, am, arky, om, state. Bama uga fla tenn, auburn, mizzou, vandy. I?m sure uga and Florida wouldn?t be too excited to see bama in their column.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsfanalongtime77 View Post
    Obviously money would be the main force behind any decision. It?would mean more of a piece to all schools when it?s all distributed.of course this is just my opinion but if it happens. I see bama and auburn moving to the east. West would see ou, Texas, lsu, am, arky, om, state. Bama uga fla tenn, auburn, mizzou, vandy. I?m sure uga and Florida wouldn?t be too excited to see bama in their column.
    I imagine Kentucky and South Carolina wouldn?t appreciate you kicking them out of the conference and keeping Missouri in the East. 😎

vCash
    I imagine Kentucky and South Carolina wouldn?t appreciate you kicking them out of the conference and keeping Missouri in the East. 😎
    Thank you for picking up on that. I did it purposedly to see if it was really a big deal to those that really were thinking it?s a possibility of coming to fruition. Long story longer the conference doesn?t need anymore members period. Yeah the money looks good but it?s gonna be a headache realigning the divisions.

vCash
    I imagine Kentucky and South Carolina wouldn?t appreciate you kicking them out of the conference and keeping Missouri in the East. ��
    The new conference loses the divisions and gets Pods and a 9 game season.

Hate Pod: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Texas A&M
    Big River Pod: LSU, MSU, OM, Missouri
    CBS Big Ratings pod: Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida
    11-AM kickoff Trash Pod: Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, South Carolina

You don't "win" the pods, you just play your pod every year. Two Pods would be affiliated to allow for a SEC Championship Game in Atlanta

vCash
    Meh. I know it potentially means big money for us, but ironically it kind of feels like it cheapens the SEC.

I'd rather add Memphis/Virginia/Clempson. They are better regional fits.

vCash
    If the SEC is wanting to destroy collage football as it currently stand. I think we should add both teams and go after Clemson and Ohio State. If the SEC was able to add these four teams, the NCAA would do anything to keep us with them. At this point, would we even car to play any other games? Last year alone showed us that an all SEC schedule is fine enough. Now if the SEC could create some parity within the sport, man that would be awesome, if they could create competition week in and week out where a team ACTUALLY had a chance at winning. That would change everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Yes if pods that are shown before the vote,; hopefully they'd put us with ole Miss, LSU and Arkansas. I have a feeling they're going to try and make TAMU happy by putting them in a favorable division, not with Texas.
    If there are four pods, I believe the it will be this. It's as balanced as you're going to manage to get and you can preserve a few rivalries by playg one permanent in each other division and rotating one against each of the other three. Having the 3 in your division/pod be the only permanent is a bad idea. Historically it's always led to a "distancing" between members. You need to play as many permanent opponents as you can. It psychological to bond members, even if it is a bond built on "hate."

TAMU, LSU, UMiss, MSU

Texas, OU, UPig, Mizzou

Bammer, Auburn, Tenn, Vandy

Florida, UGA, UK, USCe
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    TAMU, LSU, UMiss, MSU

Texas, OU, UPig, Mizzou

Bammer, Auburn, Tenn, Vandy

Florida, UGA, UK, USCe
    Balanced yes. Wish our pod was a little easier but could be a lot worse. I imagine this is how it will play out and (one reason) why TAMU is throwing a fit (so they won't be in the same pod as Texas and OU).
    Wish they'd trade TAMU out with Arkansas as LSU has the boot trophy with them and I would rather have them then TAMU.