Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd hand from the Admin

vCash

2nd hand from the Admin

Unless we get beat 45-0 on Thanksgiving- Mullen back for 2014.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Well, even more reason to pull for history to be made this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    That makes no sense at all. If we lose by 28+ to Bama, lose to Arkansas even by 1 point, and lose to Ole Miss by 14 at home, how do you bring him back? Especially the way he handles his staff and recruits.

vCash
    Hoops, none of that will happen. Well, after Bama anyway.

vCash
    It was told to me the Admin is happy overall with the football program, knows the team was young in spots this year, had some key injuries, and feels like Mullen will have them back in a good bowl next season.

vCash
    It was told to me the Admin is happy overall with the football program, knows the team was young in spots this year, had some key injuries, and feels like Mullen will have them back in a good bowl next season.
    This same info was given to me, but it was about 3 weeks ago. I think a lot of people's feelings are starting to change. If we lose our last 3, we will make a change.

vCash
    5-13 at MSU = "good enough" "happy" etc...

Where were we "young"?

vCash
    Sounds to me like we would keep him either way. Not saying you are lying, but if we lost the next 3 and played uninspired in the egg bowl , no matter what the score, the admin would have a difficult time fighting off the non admin decision makers.

vCash
    Just relaying the message

vCash
    Just relaying the message
    that's fine, it's just a dated message. if we lose our last 3, he is gone and he knows he should be.

vCash
    Well, the admin needs to go out and hire Mullen an equivalent offensive counterpart to run the offense. the way I see it, I don't see any of the offensive coaches contributing/challenging Mullen in planning/meetings, etc. If they were, then Perkins wouldn't be carrying the ball as often.

vCash
    So our Admin is admitting that they're cool with mediocre.

That sucks. Hopefully he will at least fire himself as Special Teams coach and maybe hire an OC to help delegate some duties too. Keep Les as QB coach if you want too, but hire a young mind that can take some of the offensive responsibilities.

If this is true, it's disappointing to know that we could lose out by 30 points per game and our Admin will already have made up their mind. (For some reason I am not 100% buying it though)
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 11-14-2013 at 09:37 PM.

vCash
    The media and everybody close to the program have been saying this for weeks. They said no matter what happened the rest of the year, Mullen was coming back. It lead me to believe that Stricklan told them off the record. Never seen a guy on the hotseat where everyone said he was not gonna be fired.
    Last edited by bully99; 11-14-2013 at 09:34 PM. Reason: edit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    it's just a dated message.
    nothing dated about it- this was a conversation at the Hump about 2 hours ago

vCash
    2009 - Installing zone read, end strong with egg bowl win, Ralf emerges
    2010 - Ralf has solid year, 9 wins, finish 9-4
    2011 - Ralf gets hurt at Auburn, zone read being run by pocket passer, tried to adjust offense midseason, mistake #1, finish 7-6
    2012 - Installed Tyler offense, start 7-0, finish 1-5. Defense porous, offense not smooth, Tyler hangs on to the ball. finish 8-5
    2013 - Continue Tyler offense, Tyler gets hurt in game 1, zone read QB Dak comes in having not practiced all spring, tried to adjust offense midseason, same problem as 2011.

The continuing theme here is that Dan needs a dual threat QB to run his offense. He tried to adjust for Tyler like he did Alex Smith. The only problem is Alex Smith can run, Tyler cannot. As coach said, he looks like a wounded giraffe trying to run.

We have Damien, a dual threat QB, and two more coming in Fitz and Staley. Dan has seen the light. I expect he will be back regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bully99 View Post
    The media and everybody close to the program have been saying this for weeks. They said no matter what happened the rest of the year, Mullen was coming back. It lead me to believe that Stricklan told them off the record. Never seen a guy on the hotseat where everyone said he was not gonna be fired.
    It's better for the program if no one thinks Mullen is on the hotseat. You don't want that to become a daily topic. If Mullen loses the lockeroom, we will lose to Arkansas. And then there's no way we are beating Ole Miss.

vCash
    nothing dated about it- this was a conversation at the Hump about 2 hours ago
    If I'm Stricklin, I say the same thing.

vCash
    This makes me believe there is not nearly enough for the buyout. Which makes me believe there is not enough donors, specifically big donors, who are ready for a change. Either that or Scott Stricklin is coontrairian enough to bet his entire career on Mullen.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bully99 View Post
    Hard to say. Could be legit. Could be the dreaded Vote of Confidence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    that's fine, it's just a dated message. if we lose our last 3, he is gone and he knows he should be.
    I would not expect ANY other message at this stage. An administration is ALWAYS going to back the current coach until they don't. Mullen has every chance to end well enough to not only have the administration's support going into next year but also a large percentage of the fanbase. An administration would give NO other message other than what C34 is hearing unless everything was a lost cause which obviously this isn't.