Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was a done deal way before today

vCash

Was a done deal way before today

vCash
    It may be a negotiation tactic with the B12. I feel like it's 50/50 regarding whether or not they stay or go. I never would have guessed that before this week.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 07-23-2021 at 11:39 AM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Texas A&M certainly has the perfect AD if they want someone to be caught off guard off by something (whether he really was or is pretending to be.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    It may be a negotiation tactic with the B12. I feel like it?s 50/50 regarding whether or not they stay or go. I never would have guessed that before this week.
    I'd put it like a 99/1 they go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    It may be a negotiation tactic with the B12. I feel like it's 50/50 regarding whether or not they stay or go. I never would have guessed that before this week.
    Nah, that article reads like it's a done deal.

vCash
    A&M will forever be pissed for not having been given a heads up. Screw 'em. They aren't a charter member.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    A&M will forever be pissed for not having been given a heads up. Screw 'em. They aren't a charter member.
    Maybe they leaked the info in hopes other schools would vote against it only to see it backfire on them

vCash
    They're coming. We now live in a world of perpetual uncertainty. This goes for many things.

vCash
    I don't like it ... I still think it doesn't happen
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Well?Leach was 2-7 against the Longhorns and 3-6 against Oklahoma in his 9 years at Texas Tech. Not sure about his time at Washington.

ETA: while at WSU he was 1-0 against the Longhorns and 0-1 against Oklahoma. So overall as head coach 3-7 against Longhorns and 3-7 against Oklahoma.
    Last edited by Dawgology; 07-23-2021 at 12:35 PM.

vCash
    If Leach is here 10 years and goes 3-7 against OU that is a win in my book. I am all about Texas and OU coming as long as it moves Bama and auburn to the east. OU struggles against teams like Kansas State who generally play better defense than most of the big 12 so I think if we keep having solid defenses we have a better chance of beating OU and Texas in the same year than beating Bama once which makes the path to Atlanta easier if we can avoid them most years. Also we are 3-4 against LSU in the last 7 years and we have a 7-7 overall record against A&M. It?s really only Bama that is pretty much completely out of the question in terms of having a decent chance to win a lot of years
    Last edited by PGHBulldogBG; 07-23-2021 at 01:11 PM.

vCash
    I will go out on a limb and say this has been the works for over 15 years. Ultimate goal is to get rid of the NCAA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    If Leach is here 10 years and goes 3-7 against OU that is a win in my book. I am all about Texas and OU coming as long as it moves Bama and auburn to the east. OU struggles against teams like Kansas State who generally play better defense than most of the big 12 so I think if we keep having solid defenses we have a better chance of beating OU and Texas in the same year than beating Bama once which makes the path to Atlanta easier if we can avoid them most years. Also we are 3-4 against LSU in the last 7 years and we have a 7-7 overall record against A&M. It?s really only Bama that is pretty much completely out of the question in terms of having a decent chance to win a lot of years
    The going theory is that it will become 4 divisions or nodes containing 4 teams each. These teams will play each other every year with 5 rotating SEC teams then 3 non-con games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    They knew. They also threatened to leave if the SEC did this. SEC called their bluff. A&M was the one who conveniently leaked this DURING their media day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    The going theory is that it will become 4 divisions or nodes containing 4 teams each. These teams will play each other every year with 5 rotating SEC teams then 3 non-con games.
    I heard 3 permanent and 6 rotating with the rule of having to schedule a power 5 being removed. 9 SEC opponent schedule and 3 non con games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    3-7 don't sound great but I do agree getting Bama out of SECW is a win for us. I do think OU and TX may find SEC a tough row to hoe. No more undefeated seasons and auto playoff birth for OU.

TX is a sleeping giant though. They have big money and are committed to getting back on top. When Saban leaves, TX is coming. Just our luck, we'd be in their side of bracket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I don't like it ... I still think it doesn't happen
    You have no clue the world we live in. the normal is not the norm anymore. I love this play and am for anything that will knock Bama and Saban on their ass

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    You have no clue the world we live in. the normal is not the norm anymore. I love this play and am for anything that will knock Bama and Saban on their ass
    I do have a clue... I'm pretty sure I have had more experience at life than you do... I also have an opinion and you don't have to be a dick about it.... I really don't give a damn about your Saban hate
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    3-7 don't sound great but I do agree getting Bama out of SECW is a win for us. I do think OU and TX may find SEC a tough row to hoe. No more undefeated seasons and auto playoff birth for OU.

TX is a sleeping giant though. They have big money and are committed to getting back on top. When Saban leaves, TX is coming. Just our luck, we'd be in their side of bracket.
    Yeah but if they do pods and they aren't in ours that's a win getting bama out

vCash
    Baylor, TCU and Texas Tech are looking to join the Pac-12. My guess would be if that happens, the Pac 12 would look to add Oklahoma St or Kansas to be the 16th team.

https://thespun.com/big-12/baylor/3-...-out-to-pac-12