Thread: Eddie Alvarez vs US Women?s Soccer

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash

Eddie Alvarez vs US Women?s Soccer

Eddie Alvarez is on team USA baseball. He was picked as flag bearer at opening ceremony. His parents fled Cuba to the US. He is in tears because it means so much to him to represent the USA. Contrast that to the soccer brauds.

vCash
    Thank you for sharing that. I just became an Eddie Alvarez fan. Very happy for him and appreciate his emotion in that moment.

vCash
    I love seeing athletes that LOVE the USA.

But something tells me I'm gonna see some ridiculous posturing that makes me change the channel on the Olympics.

Maybe I just won't watch the awards ceremony, I guess, as that is where the BS usually takes place.

vCash
    I often wonder what these athletes would say if the actually lived in a country where they are oppressed. They seem to have it pretty damn nice here

vCash
    Good for him. I will be pulling for him,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post
    I often wonder what these athletes would say if the actually lived in a country where they are oppressed. They seem to have it pretty damn nice here
    They criticize the country that gives them a chance to criticize without being jailed or killed.

vCash
    Funny, you think US women’s soccer is going to be at the awards ceremony!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    They criticize the country that gives them a chance to criticize without being jailed or killed.
    Yet everyone here criticizes them for criticizing?weird huh

vCash
    The USWNT is now political

(1) to left-leaning, they are delightful young ladies worthy of television commercials
    (2) to super left leaning, they are ravenous ANTIFA allies that get to be public activists
    (3) to right-leaning, they are nasty pink haired embarrassment, mental cases
    (4) to actual soccer fans, especially Hispanics, "Olympic soccer is stupid and Man, I remember when Gringos were awesome"
    (5) to regular busy folks- yeah! USA! USA! USA!

Very few will share an opinion on the USWNT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    The USWNT is now political

(1) to left-leaning, they are delightful young ladies worthy of television commercials
    (2) to super left leaning, they are ravenous ANTIFA allies that get to be public activists
    (3) to right-leaning, they are nasty pink haired embarrassment, mental cases
    (4) to actual soccer fans, especially Hispanics, "Olympic soccer is stupid and Man, I remember when Gringos were awesome"
    (5) to regular busy folks- yeah! USA! USA! USA!

Very few will share an opinion on the USWNT.
    True on any particular topic but that ain't the point. j Right is right and wrong is wrong. They are disrepectful and promoting a lie along with slander to a country that made them who they are. Truth regardless if you are left right, middle to too busy.

vCash
    I can't stand soccer. I've tried to make myself like it, and I just can't get there. That being said, I'd like them to win the gold because it would trigger so many people into a full on melt.

vCash
    I just want them to win gold because I'm an America-loving patriot who want every single one of our athletes to win every event they're in, regardless of whether I agree witheir politics. Just like I want every MSU team to win every NCAA competition no matter what.

vCash
    Kudos to our entire swim team, both men and women, for linking arms, in a big circle, and singing America The Beautiful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    Kudos to our entire swim team, both men and women, for linking arms, in a big circle, and singing America The Beautiful.
    This was a good thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    You equate the two????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Wait, so some of them have been jailed or killed? Guess I missed that?.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Yep that is the point. They should be thankful for the best country in the world instead they criticize. Yes they have that right but it is hypocritical to represent a country that you hate. A country will not stay great with people acting like that; it will fall.

If US is so bad, why does the rest of the world want to come here?

vCash
    It?s frustrating but it was obviously gonna be a political circus from the jump. It?s just sad that?s what is on the agenda of many athletes representing the U..S. It?s downright embarrassing. I bet tons have no clue how many medals have been won because they are too busy talking about other topics.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    They don't hate this country. They are fighting to make it a better one. Leaders fight for those that are not in a position to fight. Cowards criticize their criticism. I have no idea what they are even fighting for. Is it just equal pay and equal recognition? Is it basically just equality? Either way, who really cares enough to be bothered by it. So they want equal pay. Good for them. If they have the negotiating platform and leverage to get something done, I am all for it. If not, well complaining about it isn't going to do much.
    Downvotes_Hype