Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Per Bret McMurphy on twitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    Are you a SEC fan or a Miss. State fan? How in god's name is this going to be enjoyable for us. I watch for Mississippi State football not OU or Texas football. How is adding Alabama level competition going to make watching MSU football more enjoyable? Sure we are have a very low chance of winning a natty in football but at least there was a bit of hope that kept the fires burning in our guts. With this alignment that hope is pretty much a dead deal.
    Texas hasn't been at Bama levels since Fred Akers was roaming the sidelines. Is Oklahoma good? Yes. But are they unbeatable like Bama? No. Also these teams are going to have to completely retool their recruiting strategies. They can't just outscore people anymore. I think people forget that it took an uber generational talent in Manziel for A&M not to struggle in the West. Bring em on, because we have one of the two coaches that strike fear into OU and TX fans.....The 17 Pirate. The other is Saban if you were wondering.

vCash
    Give me Mizzou every year
    And I will gladly trade Bama and Aub for Texas and OU.. any and everyday

And have no permanent cross division opponents.. go home and away and rotate different teams
    And play a 9 game SEC schedule

This is so easy it won?t get done..

vCash

This will be the MSU schedule

LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, A&M, Arkansas, Missouri, Ole Miss from the West, Alabama permanent from the East. And rotation of the other 7 East teams in a 9 game schedule.

vCash
    Be a good time to cut total scholarships to 70 but would still need to do something about NIL relative to players on a team over 70. Ie walk on by NIL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Meh, I doubt it moves the needle for our overall record. It's not like we will play both of them every year while keeping bama, LSU, auburn, and Aggie too.
    Yeah. Texas sucks ass. Oklahoma has their years. 17 em. Plus we will never win SEC champ in football.

vCash
    My thoughts. We all know TAMU will be a hard no. UPig will be also. In many ways, this move negates the reasons they both came to the SEC at all

Mizzou is intriguing. I don't know that football is a big enough deal to them to worry about negative consequences. Also, they'll have a more realistic schedule and brings back the OU game.

That means only 1 or 2 (if Mizzou votes yes) Nays will be needed. Not sure that'll be that hard to get.

As far as fear or UT and TAMU combo goes....are y'all serious? They will dilute each other. TAMU still, after all these years has a Big 12 mindset. Listen to their radio shows. Now there will be two TX schools, plus OU also, that overly rely on the overrated Texas HS football system for the majority of their players.

I think our needle, if it moves at all, will get a little better. It's hard to tell so early in all the NIL stuff. Schools like us need to concentrate on 3 stars and diamonds in the rough. Our overall win total per half decade will likely rise by a few, but ATL is a worse pipedream than ever.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Give me Mizzou every year
    And I will gladly trade Bama and Aub for Texas and OU.. any and everyday

And have no permanent cross division opponents.. go home and away and rotate different teams
    And play a 9 game SEC schedule

This is so easy it won?t get done..
    100000% agreement.

vCash
    I don?t care what anyone says, this won?t benefit us as far as actual on field results go and that?s all I care about. Put UT in and see what their recruiting will turn into. They know it too and that?s why they want in. We just get knocked two more rungs down the ladder. If you think this benefits us you?re simply kidding yourself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Forget that it hurts us, this would make sec football unbelievable. We're basically a non-factor in football anyway, so I won't be upset that the overall product will be fantastic
    This if you're thinking realistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    This if you're thinking realistic.
    And about $$$