Write in candidate - Keffer McGee
    Why?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Give me the bowling ball in this offense
    Why?

Banned
    vCash
    Other than how he how handled his crootin, Jerious would still be my pick. So versatile and explosive. He single handedly got the FL coach fired when we "Croomed" them. I'll never forget the long TD Run to seal it. Would a Gayle Sayers comparison be accurate?
    Last edited by OLJWales; 07-22-2021 at 12:14 PM.

vCash
    Can't go wrong on this question but I'll give you why you would choose each.

Miller - Miller had football speed. He had great hands, could block and was nasty in the open field with shifty moves. Remember that BYU catch and run in Provo? Still remember Mike Tirico calling that great run after catch. Miller time baby.

AD - In Leaches O when the OL don't run block much and it is one on one, big man on big man. Give AD the ball and a cloud of dust and you got 5 yards. A weapon he would be in the air raid.

Norwood - two words - explosive speed. Get him ball anywhere in space and its over. He might break records in this O.

All three are True Maroon and all Dawg. Leach could win with any of them.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Norwood for any offense. He was amazing in the Croom offense. Imagine what he'd do in the Mullen spread & he'd still be great in Leach offense out in space.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Norwood for any offense. He was amazing in the Croom offense. Imagine what he'd do in the Mullen spread & he'd still be great in Leach offense out in space.
    that settles it. Norwood it is. thanks for showing IYOK

vCash
    Dicenzo is my favorite MSU player (to watch) of all time, so that's any easy decision for me.

vCash
    This is the correct answer. Miller and Dixon would both be good in this offense and Miller is extremely underrated because his 40 time doesn't match his football speed. But I don't think people realize how good Norwood was. He was better than his college and pro career would indicate. He was hamstrung in college by shitty coaching, and then he didn't land in the right situation in the NFL and also battled injuries. But he was better than Dixon and Miller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Why?
    Because he couldn't be brought down in the open field

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    This is the correct answer. Miller and Dixon would both be good in this offense and Miller is extremely underrated because his 40 time doesn't match his football speed. But I don't think people realize how good Norwood was. He was better than his college and pro career would indicate. He was hamstrung in college by shitty coaching, and then he didn't land in the right situation in the NFL and also battled injuries. But he was better than Dixon and Miller.
    Dicenzo Jr. is faster than his dad, I wonder if he has the same moves on the field. I think he is just now getting recruited.

vCash
    Precisely what I think too. Norwood could do everything and was extremely explosive too. Love all of them though.

vCash
    Bonus question: Dicenzo Miller once caught a pass while running down the sideline in a night game, he caught the pass behind his head without turning around. Does ANYONE else remember this catch?
    I remember the catch. Seems like we were driving towards the north endzone and he caught the ball on the west sideline.

vCash
    for this offense, my choice would be Norwood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'm going to throw in a wildcard on this discussion - none of the 3 are the right answer. Brandon Holloway and Ladarius Perkins (before he bulked up a little) in this offense would have been unreal.
    Holloway had a bunch of drops IIRC, despite originally being a WR. Perkins is definitely an excellent wildcard selection - I don't think he was quite as talented as the three in the prompt, but he was our best pass catching RB by a mile.

I'd go with Norwood, but I'm a little young to remember how well he caught passes in college.

My wildcards would be Josh Robinson or Vick Ballard. Josh was a bowling ball, but he was shifty as hell and could make catches. Vick could do EVERYTHING and I think a Leach RB has to be able to do a good bit of everything. His vision was his only elite aspect, and I think that would mesh well with the system.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    I remember the catch. Seems like we were driving towards the north endzone and he caught the ball on the west sideline.
    YES YES YES YES YES! Do you know anywhere where I can find that catch. It is so irritating that it isn't on ANY highlight real from State or anywhere. One of the best catches ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    Holloway had a bunch of drops IIRC, despite originally being a WR. Perkins is definitely an excellent wildcard selection - I don't think he was quite as talented as the three in the prompt, but he was our best pass catching RB by a mile.

I'd go with Norwood, but I'm a little young to remember how well he caught passes in college.

My wildcards would be Josh Robinson or Vick Ballard. Josh was a bowling ball, but he was shifty as hell and could make catches. Vick could do EVERYTHING and I think a Leach RB has to be able to do a good bit of everything. His vision was his only elite aspect, and I think that would mesh well with the system.
    Nice addition with Ballard. Dude was a boss!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'm going to throw in a wildcard on this discussion - none of the 3 are the right answer. Brandon Holloway and Ladarius Perkins (before he bulked up a little) in this offense would have been unreal.
    Walter Packer would be the best--

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    AD is my all time favorite Dawg, however he is the only ?wrong? answer. Miller was one of the best players I personally played against. With that said, I would go with J-rock for the air-raid.
    I played against him in Hs. Greatest back I ever saw in HS.
    Romans 5:8

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Dicenzo Jr. is faster than his dad, I wonder if he has the same moves on the field. I think he is just now getting recruited.
    No. He doesn’t. Not even close.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Why?
    Bc he'd kill it in this offense.