Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
Some have talked about burning the flag. Explain to me the mental gymnastics you have to do everyday to reason that away as not hating your country.

Again, if you did that in some countries you would be killed for it. Here you get a shoe deal.

These people are no different than the people they say are bad for this country. They are entitled and have no idea what true oppression is. It would be good for a lot of these people to go live in Russia or China for a year and try to pull some of the stuff they do here.

They would never be seen or heard from again. If you think America is an inherently bad place then you have no grasp on actual reality. Do we have problems? Yes, are they bad enough we need to completely rethink how we run a government and country? Hell no.

This system has produced the most successful civilization the world has seen outside of maybe the Roman empire. Ironically, the downfall of the Roman empire started with some very similar things we are seeing here in our country now. The poorest here are better off than many people in the majority of the world. There are places where children die every single day one after the other because they starved to death. There are people in this world that have never seen a doctor before or even know of someone who has. There are countries that have been ravaged by civil wars for centuries with normal everyday people having to try and survive through that and raise a family. I'm sure you would enjoy raising a toddler in Afghanistan or Iraq.

The bottom line is we all have it too good here and we don't have enough conflict to help us realize how good we actually have it. Out of that we have created unintentional conflict that is ripping the country apart at the seams.

I don't give a rats a** where you stand politically, this will never get better until everyone realizes we are stuck with each other and we better figure out how to fix it and get along or we will have our own civil issues to deal with or worse our kids' generation will have to deal with it.
solid and repped. thank you sir.