That's like thanking Templeton for hiring Croooms...national attention

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    That's like thanking Templeton for hiring Croooms...national attention
    So you're upset we hired Leach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    So you're upset we hired Leach?
    Well.... he needs to have a winning season and beat OM. Or he needs new funnier jokes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Well.... he needs to have a winning season and beat OM. Or he needs new funnier jokes.
    I think I got it. It's about the jokes, and you're right, they need to be funnier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    There are a lot of verses that speak of pure speech. but the below is kinda specific to swear words.

James 3:10
    From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so.
    Realize "curse" in the context of "bless"- saying "S--t" when you stub your toe isn't the opposite of a blessing. He's saying don't curse, as in "Damn you and your family to hell!". James' point is that as Christians, we shouldn't wish both good and evil on others, but only good. Has nothing to do with generalized cursing.

Even Jesus literally cursed a fig tree, and called the Pharisees a "brood of Vipers", which sounds a lot like the modern "son of a b-tch", does it not? But it was called for and was the truth, and so wasn't a sin, but was God's will. Words aren't the problem, it's the intent behind them that makes the sin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    I don't particularly care for his politics or his offense. If he wins, I still won't care for it...sorry.
    I don't get "his politics". He's not really political.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    We were a really young team on offense last year (especially after Kylin and KJ had their unravelings), and for whatever reason that lack of experience doesn't get talked about much when discussing some of our struggles.

Leading passer - true freshman
    Leading rusher - true freshman
    Leading receiver (catches) - true freshman
    Leading receiver (yards) - true freshman
    Three first year starters on the OL, all of which were freshmen or sophomores

That's not even mentioning it being Year 1 of a big philosophical shift from what our program had been doing for years, and doing all of that with no spring practice and very limited depth.

I personally believe it will be difficult for us to NOT be better this year. We are far better equipped for this season than we were a year ago, at least offensively. There was a time last season about mid-year when Kylin was gone, KJ was a bust, and Walley had not found his groove yet, and things were looking very bleak. It was pretty evident from the Georgia game on that we had some pieces to work with for the future, even in some games we ended up losing.
    Naw man ... You don't get it. If Bama had a bunch of true freshmen leading their offense in Saban's 1st year with no spring practice, they'd be going out and scoring 30 a game. Just go back to 2008 and check it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Y'all can't blame Leach for Costello throwing into triple coverage and having the field vision of a three day drunk. There were plenty of times Costello should have handed the ball off. Even Leach said so in some of his weekly pressers. Will started getting the hang of the offense just as the season was winding down. He knew when he should be handing the ball off and passing it. Leach isn't against running the ball. He's not like Croom who crawled up Wes Carrol's ass for pulling the ball and throwing a touchdown. It was supposed to be a run play. Don't change the play.
    What? Leach is the one coaching him on what to do? No player does exactly what the coach teaches but most of the time he does or he sits. Yeah, we can blame Leach for last year. Good grief. Why are we paying him 5mil a year if he isn't even responsible?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    What? Leach is the one coaching him on what to do? No player does exactly what the coach teaches but most of the time he does or he sits. Yeah, we can blame Leach for last year. Good grief. Why are we paying him 5mil a year if he isn't even responsible?
    Have you listened to a single Monday press conference from the man? Jesus. His QBs have a lot of control in this offense. It finally clicked for Will late in the season. And blame Leach for a ****ed up partial season and no spring practice? C'mon mane. And how many times were we in the red zone and turned it over? I lost ****ing count.

vCash
    Didn't Costello sit? Maybe a game or so late cause his backup was a true freshman but Leach did sit him down.

vCash
    Have you listened to a single Monday press conference from the man? Jesus. His QBs have a lot of control in this offense. It finally clicked for Will late in the season. And blame Leach for a ****ed up partial season and no spring practice? C'mon mane. And how many times were we in the red zone and turned it over? I lost ****ing count.
    Do you watch a single game? I didn't say Leach should have won 10 last year but he is responsible. It is his O, his team, his plays, period. Do we pay the QB 5mil a year to coach and make all the football decisions that make us win or lose? Use your logic, then if Leach wins 10 this year he gets no credit. You can't have it both ways.

vCash
    Lol

vCash
    Do you watch a single game? I didn't say Leach should have won 10 last year but he is responsible. It is his O, his team, his plays, period. Do we pay the QB 5mil a year to coach and make all the football decisions that make us win or lose? Use your logic, then if Leach wins 10 this year he gets no credit. You can't have it both ways.
    It was year one in a new offense with a pandemic straight jacket. We had a gimpy QB and a diva RB for half the season. Leach was doing what he could with what he had. If we look like dog shit this season I'll be right there with you.

vCash
    It was year one in a new offense with a pandemic straight jacket. We had a gimpy QB and a diva RB for half the season. Leach was doing what he could with what he had. If we look like dog shit this season I'll be right there with you.
    Yeah I agree. I'm just like many others. Hoping Leach figures it out. I want MSU to win but year one looked way too stubborn with his O. Last two games gave me some hope. We'll know in first 2-3 weeks this year, where he is.

vCash
    If anyone fits the description of a state coach it?s leach. It?s mind boggling how he just meshed as if he had been involved with the program for many years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsfanalongtime77 View Post
    If anyone fits the description of a state coach it?s leach. It?s mind boggling how he just meshed as if he had been involved with the program for many years.
    Can you elaborate?