Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas, Oklahoma; April fool's?

vCash

Texas, Oklahoma; April fool's?

vCash
    Would Texas be willing to give up the Longhorn Network to join? Also it doesn't sound like A&M would be for this just judging by Bdork's comments.

vCash
    Well....it SURE wouldn't be good for us!!
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Texas, Oklahoma, & the Big12, would all be "done", IMO...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Doesn't pass the smell test to me

vCash
    I'm assuming they would join the West and Bama and Auburn would move to the East? We might move to the East to even it out. Or we would just have one Division with 16 teams and play 15 games in a regular season.

vCash
    DO NOT WANT UT at all!!! They would attempt to run everything to only their benefit and consider everyone else as peons. This would be a disaster, they are the reason that the Big 12 is failing and a large part of the reason that the SWC failed. TOO much EGO, think Bama steroid overdose.

vCash
    Geographically they would probably put them in the West, move Missouri to the West, and Alabama and Auburn to the East.

There would then be no pressing need for permanent opponents, so we'd probably have a 7/2 rotational model.

Or we could just have 3 permanent and 6 rotating opponents in 1 table

vCash
    If you add Oklahoma and Texas to the west and take Alabama and Auburn out, you would still only have 7 teams in the west. To balance, I could see Missouri switching to the west in your scenario.

Or the SEC could go to four 4 team divisions. I think that has been discussed before.

vCash
    MHO is Texas will not give up the longhorn tv deal, period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    I'm assuming they would join the West and Bama and Auburn would move to the East? We might move to the East to even it out. Or we would just have one Division with 16 teams and play 15 games in a regular season.
    The current SEC format ends in 2026.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoDawg View Post
    If you add Oklahoma and Texas to the west and take Alabama and Auburn out, you would still only have 7 teams in the west. To balance, I could see Missouri switching to the west in your scenario.

Or the SEC could go to four 4 team divisions. I think that has been discussed before.
    Wish we could take Oklahoma and NC State. Taking Texas would keep TAMU at Bay though.

vCash
    No way they would come to the SEC where they would be losing 2 - 3 games a year.

Banned
    vCash
    Based on what I'm seeing, I think TX and OK have indeed reached out and are talking to us.

vCash
    I'm all for adding the University of Texas at Arlington and the University of Central Oklahoma to the SEC West.

I want the SEC West easier, not harder.

vCash
    Two of the worst fan bases in all of sports - this would ruin it for me

I have to put up with these people on the daily and could not stand to hear about them in our conference

vCash
    If Texas joins,can our players do horns down or will the SEC cave like the Big 12 and make that illegal?

vCash
    Never gonna happen... Oklahoma state Legislature would never sign off on it ... it state law there that U of Oklahoma and Okie State MUST play in the same conference
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Two of the worst fan bases in all of sports - this would ruin it for me

I have to put up with these people on the daily and coull=d not stand to hear about them in our conference
    your opinion has iron. Lived in Fort Worth 16 years and TX & OK fans are obnoxious and delusional for the most part. Living here has always had me pulling agin both. I'm sure the money trail will lead us to what eventually happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    your opinion has iron. Lived in Fort Worth 16 years and TX & OK fans are obnoxious and delusional for the most part. Living here has always had me pulling agin both. I'm sure the money trail will lead us to what eventually happens.
    You know exactly what I'm talking about - they both think they are Gods gift to college sports. These are the biggest SEC hating schools.