Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grad transfer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Forsythe’s game is his glove and arm. I can’t imagine him hitting enough to move him to 2B and I can’t imagine the new guy being any better defensively. Lane’s arm is legit, to the point that it can change the game.
    I cant imagine a 4 year SS choosing us over Fla unless he was told he would be given every chance to win the SS job
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I cant imagine a 4 year SS choosing us over Fla unless he was told he would be given every chance to win the SS job
    Maybe he was told playing 2nd base would help him in the draft by being able to play both positions. Ig he has a better glove and arm than Lane so be it, but Lane will be better next year especially at the plate. I like you think whoever gives us the best chance to win win should play regardless who plays what position.

vCash
    For comparison sake- Yeager's Fielding percentage was .969 and Forsythe's was .930

Will Forsythe get better? Absolutely he will he was still a baby. But he absolutely could play 2nd for us in 2022 and move back to SS in 2023....or- Yeager could come in and play 2nd. We just dont know at this point.

vCash
    I?m going on the scenario that Yeager and Forsythe are both in the lineup. If Yeager?s defense pushes Forsythe to 2B and Lane hits enough to be the guy there, well, damn.

I?m sure the coaches are looking to upgrade every position if they can and no one?s job is safe. Great for all of us if Forsythe hits and plays 2B but 2B is a waste of his arm talent if defense is why he is on the field.

I?ve never seen Yeager play though, so who knows what happens. We might get a transfer 2B and Lane redshirts. Like you said, we just don?t know at this point.

Good problem to have though.
    Last edited by AlSwearengen; 07-21-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Veteran with double digit bombs
    Yeager bombs?
    No Signature

vCash
    It would be easy to be complacent and just plug in the same guys from the championship team. This shows that we want to creat competition as well as get better. I like it. Hope he adjusts to SEC pitching and can be the impact player it looks is possible.

If we continue with infield depth I wonder if we could see James in the outfield somewhere. He has all the tools to be a solid outfielder. Depending on the outfield transfer I could see James in center at some point. May be nothing to it but intriguing nonetheless

vCash
    Coach, I would think he is here for the opening at second base.

vCash
    Yeager will be starting in the MIF. Lane may be starting in the MIF. We now have options and competition.

vCash
    Yeager is a great pick up and is here to go to Omaha, try to win a National Title, play in the SEC and get a better chance to succeed in pro baseball.

He's not as good as Forsythe defensively allegedly so playing him at 2B makes sense. Good replacement for Jordan McCants in the short term IMO.

vCash
    For comparison sake- Yeager's Fielding percentage was .969 and Forsythe's was .930

Will Forsythe get better? Absolutely he will he was still a baby. But he absolutely could play 2nd for us in 2022 and move back to SS in 2023....or- Yeager could come in and play 2nd. We just dont know at this point.
    I think Forsythe will have a career similar to Matthew Maniscalco here. Struggled at the plate as an underclassmen and gradually improved as he got older. Also was a plus defender for us. I can live with that type of career arc at SS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Yeager bombs?
    Niiice!

vCash
    Damn our infield defense could be pretty stout.

vCash
    So this is what this feels like.

The rich just keep getting richer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    Damn our infield defense could be pretty stout.
    Should be improved with Kam James expected improvement. Forsythe will probably improve as well. We'll see what we get out of Yeager but I'm expecting him to be at least as solid as Debrule.

vCash
    Moves Foreskin to 2B. Infield appears to be set now. Let's get RF set and we good.
    You mean CWS All Star Lane ****ing Forsythe. Naw man, the kid proved to be a clutch SS and error free in the biggest ball games. The new guy is a 2b candidate or maybe we move KJames to LF. But KJ was also pretty flawless in the CWS.

vCash
    Moves Foreskin to 2B. Infield appears to be set now. Let's get RF set and we good.
    What level of ball did you play again? JUCO was it?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    What level of ball did you play again? JUCO was it?
    Yes- a level higher than Theo Epstein

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    I?m going on the scenario that Yeager and Forsythe are both in the lineup. If Yeager?s defense pushes Forsythe to 2B and Lane hits enough to be the guy there, well, damn.

I?m sure the coaches are looking to upgrade every position if they can and no one?s job is safe. Great for all of us if Forsythe hits and plays 2B but 2B is a waste of his arm talent if defense is why he is on the field.

I?ve never seen Yeager play though, so who knows what happens. We might get a transfer 2B and Lane redshirts. Like you said, we just don?t know at this point.

Good problem to have though.
    A first year starter doesn't red shirt. This isn't 1980. Ain't happening. Who plays what I don't know. But I think lame satys at short. But like coach said, it will be a benefit and best man wins. IMO lane is either at short or on the bench. But I've been wrong before.

vCash
    We don’t have a 2nd base option right now that I’m aware of- so our MIF should be those two. If Jeagerbomb plays SS- who in the hell would play 2nd over Foreskin?

I look at this right now as we have 2 really good players that will make us really good defensively up the middle. The key to being a great defensive team is being really good at Catcher, SS, 2nd, and CF. Well- with Tanner, Foreskin, JeagerBomb, and the UAB transfer/Skinner.....we will be outstanding up the middle.

James likely stays at 3B. I look for Clark to move to 1B. Hancock back to DH. The question becomes RF. Plus- does Hines force his way into the mix at 1B/DH? Good questions to have