Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
I don't think it is going to make that big of a difference. Cannon Motors might pay a Ole Miss player if he pans out to be good but not anyone coming out of high school. Business are not going to throw money away. I think they are going to have to be proven. At first there will be mistakes made giving money to unproven guys but they will learn. I just think nothing has changed. The Supreme Court did not say the schools had to pay the players it only said college athletes can make money off their name and images. You have to be good to get the big contracts and those guys were going to Bama and LSU anyways. Where it might be trouble a guy turns out to be good and some advertiser tell him he has to transfer to Bama as part of the contract. Who knows if enough schools gets pissed off the NCAA might change the transfer rules back to what they use to be if it gets out of hand.
I'm not as concerned about in coming freshman as much as proven players who have a year or two left in college will go to a school which can offer a better deal!

I will say it again, agents will play a part especially in basketball. They already give "free advice" to baseball and basketball stars.