Thread: Tanner Signed

vCash

Tanner Signed

with the Marlins. Anyone know his bonus?

vCash
    It's going to be below slot. Just wonder how much below is the question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    with the Marlins. Anyone know his bonus?
    https://www.fishstripes.com/2021/7/1...gnings-tracker

vCash
    That does not say the amount, but it does say underslot ($487,900 slot value)

vCash
    Can't wait for him to play in Biloxi when he gets to AA/

vCash
    Interesting to see McCants not signed yet… I know he was asking more than slot…. Might not get there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Interesting to see McCants not signed yet… I know he was asking more than slot…. Might not get there
    he's gonna get his......they'll sign all the other guys they can for cheap and see how to spread the extra around. he's signing for sure.

vCash
    When you have guys like Bruns, Wood, and McCants that go high, they are typically the last ones to sign.

Clubs have to figure out how much they will have available for their higher picked high school kids if they need to go above slot to get them.

Only 8 of the 36 1st round picks have signed with their teams already.

Of note, Rocker signed for 6 million, which is almost 1.3 million above slot. Hogland signed for about 3.2 million which was $100,000 below slot.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 07-19-2021 at 08:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    When you have guys like Bruns, Wood, and McCants that go high, they are typically the last ones to sign.

Clubs have to figure out how much they will have available for their higher picked high school kids if they need to go above slot to get them.

Only 8 of the 36 1st round picks have signed with their teams already.

Of note, Rocker signed for 6 million, which is almost 1.3 million above slot. Hogland signed for about 3.2 million which was $100,000 below slot.
    The rocker signing has me puzzled. I have no clue why they went hat much over slot w him. What was he going to do? Go back to school. I get it he might have had that asking price. Doesn't mean you pay it. His bb is good. His fastball isn't elite elite. He will make the bigs but may never be better than a 4 starter. Sure he might be a one, but I doubt it. But still not reason to pay him that at 10. 9 teams had passed. It was only getting lower.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    The rocker signing has me puzzled. I have no clue why they went hat much over slot w him. What was he going to do? Go back to school. I get it he might have had that asking price. Doesn't mean you pay it. His bb is good. His fastball isn't elite elite. He will make the bigs but may never be better than a 4 starter. Sure he might be a one, but I doubt it. But still not reason to pay him that at 10. 9 teams had passed. It was only getting lower.
    I mean- the Mets are still paying Bobby Bonilla aren't they?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I said the same thing to someone. I figured Rocker would get right at or below slot value because whoever drafted him I felt had the upper hand thinking Rocker wouldn't go back to college. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Mets have just a hair over $9 million in slot value. They've used 6.3 million on Rocker and Scott from Florida. Means they have 2.7 left to spend on the rest of their draft picks. Rowdey is slotted at $125,000 for them. I'm gonna assume he takes a fairly below slot deal at this point along with others so the Mets can sign their higher draft picks.

vCash
    I said the same thing to someone. I figured Rocker would get right at or below slot value because whoever drafted him I felt had the upper hand thinking Rocker wouldn't go back to college. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Mets have just a hair over $9 million in slot value. They've used 6.3 million on Rocker and Scott from Florida. Means they have 2.7 left to spend on the rest of their draft picks. Rowdey is slotted at $125,000 for them. I'm gonna assume he takes a fairly below slot deal at this point along with others so the Mets can sign their higher draft picks.
    I'm sure Rocker had his price set during the draft and the Mets knew exactly what he was going to cost to sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    I'm sure Rocker had his price set during the draft and the Mets knew exactly what he was going to cost to sign.
    But do we really think Rocker goes back to Vanderbilt if the Mets offer him $5.5 million? Like I guess it stuns me that they had to go 1.3 million above slot because 5.5 million wouldn't get him in the organization.

vCash
    But do we really think Rocker goes back to Vanderbilt if the Mets offer him $5.5 million? Like I guess it stuns me that they had to go 1.3 million above slot because 5.5 million wouldn't get him in the organization.
    Right. 9 teams had passed he didn't have 6 mil worth of bargaining power. But Todd said it correctly, this is the Bonilla Mets we are talking about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Doesn't mean you have to meet the number....

vCash
    Barely got more than half of slot., 247,500. About what I expected.