Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: I know we hate the WNBA (woke NBA) but just saying.

  1. #1
    Senior Member OLJWales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,627
    vCash
    500

    I know we hate the WNBA (woke NBA) but just saying.

    I think Shaq and Barkley on TNT are worth the price of admission. Do or die time. Gonna watch.
    Truth is stranger than fiction because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn?t.
    A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

    Mark Twain

  2. #2
    Senior Member bulldawg28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,457
    vCash
    1200
    I don't hate the "woke WNBA" but Shaq and Barkley are hilarious.

  3. #3
    Senior Member thf24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,381
    vCash
    700
    It's hilariously ironic that much of the same demographic that coined the term "snowflake" is so obsessively terrified of that "w" word.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    38
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    It's hilariously ironic that much of the same demographic that coined the term "snowflake" is so obsessively terrified of that "w" word.
    Is claiming that someone is terrified of a word, is that what passes for an intelligent argument against the concept behind the word? Is that the playground equivalent of calling the kid who won't jump off the second story roof a "scaredy-cat"?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,426
    vCash
    600
    I do like Shaq and Barkley but that is about it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member OLJWales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,627
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    It's hilariously ironic that much of the same demographic that coined the term "snowflake" is so obsessively terrified of that "w" word.
    Pardon my ignorance, but I have no idea what the 17 you are talking about.
    Truth is stranger than fiction because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn?t.
    A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

    Mark Twain

  7. #7
    Senior Member Saltydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,942
    vCash
    1206
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    I think Shaq and Barkley on TNT are worth the price of admission. Do or die time. Gonna watch.
    I don't discriminate. I hate the NBA equally.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    404
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    I think Shaq and Barkley on TNT are worth the price of admission. Do or die time. Gonna watch.
    Who are you referring to when you say we??? Mississippi State fans?? We all don't think alike fyi...I don't hate the NBA.. and what does woke mean to you?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,426
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Who are you referring to when you say we??? Mississippi State fans?? We all don't think alike fyi...I don't hate the NBA.. and what does woke mean to you?
    Like the NBA or not (I don't), I think everyone knows what woke means. Different sides may spin it different but we all know what woke is and it has been beat into the culture.

  10. #10
    Senior Member OLJWales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,627
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Who are you referring to when you say we??? Mississippi State fans?? We all don't think alike fyi...I don't hate the NBA.. and what does woke mean to you?
    Not a legit question as you already know the answer. You just mad and woke.
    Truth is stranger than fiction because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn?t.
    A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

    Mark Twain

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    404
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Not a legit question as you already know the answer. You just mad and woke.
    Lol, there is nothing "woke" about me.. Im a Veteran and have fought for my country. I love every race, every community, my country, everyone in general no matter race, political affiliation or background. But this is an ignorant post. Don't throw all MSU fans in one basket because I don't hate the NBA just because most of you do

  12. #12
    Senior Member OLJWales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,627
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Lol, there is nothing "woke" about me.. Im a Veteran and have fought for my country. I love every race, every community, my country, everyone in general no matter race, political affiliation or background. But this is an ignorant post. Don't throw all MSU fans in one basket because I don't hate the NBA just because most of you do
    The majority here have vilified the NBA since they went woke and I agree with rejecting said wokeness. I was just throwing in a plug. You make too bigga deal.
    Truth is stranger than fiction because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn?t.
    A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

    Mark Twain

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    404
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    The majority here have vilified the NBA since they went woke and I agree with rejecting said wokeness. I was just throwing in a plug. You make too bigga deal.
    It's not too biggaa deal when said "wokeness" is being thrown around and affecting other MSU programs including Women's basketball which most of you won't get behind anymore because it is now "woke" According to alot of our fans.

    Regardless, yes Shaq and Barkley are amazing on T.V....

  14. #14
    Senior Member OLJWales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,627
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    It's not too biggaa deal when said "wokeness" is being thrown around and affecting other MSU programs including Women's basketball which most of you won't get behind anymore because it is now "woke" According to alot of our fans.

    Regardless, yes Shaq and Barkley are amazing on T.V....
    Please inform us how EDers discussing wokeness negatively impacted our women's hoops.
    Truth is stranger than fiction because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn?t.
    A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

    Mark Twain

  15. #15
    Senior Member bulldawg28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,457
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Lol, there is nothing "woke" about me.. Im a Veteran and have fought for my country. I love every race, every community, my country, everyone in general no matter race, political affiliation or background. But this is an ignorant post. Don't throw all MSU fans in one basket because I don't hate the NBA just because most of you do
    Great post sir! It wouldn't allow me to rep

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    404
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Please inform us how EDers discussing wokeness negatively impacted our women's hoops.
    Are you serious? Hell our fans have called NMP and her team "woke" on this site. You can do the research yourself but do you not think parents and players read message boards?

  17. #17
    Senior Member OLJWales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,627
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Are you serious? Hell our fans have called NMP and her team "woke" on this site. You can do the research yourself but do you not think parents and players read message boards?
    Don't recall no wokeness talk about ire Lady Dawgs as thems would be hammer time words for the mods.
    Truth is stranger than fiction because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn?t.
    A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

    Mark Twain

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    404
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Don't recall no wokeness talk about ire Lady Dawgs as thems would be hammer time words for the mods.
    Again, go do research.. Fans have called NMP and her team woke.. its in black and white

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    404
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Great post sir! It wouldn't allow me to rep
    Thanks bulldawg28!

  20. #20
    Senior Member OLJWales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2,627
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Again, go do research.. Fans have called NMP and her team woke.. its in black and white
    Were said wokeness comments warranted?

    Keep in mind, here's how I generally respond to those who spew bullshit:

    Truth is stranger than fiction because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn?t.
    A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

    Mark Twain

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.