Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark Emmert says....

Banned
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    What?s the solution? Everyone can bitch and moan. What are the steps to a collegiate league in major sports and what are the detriments?

The big schools will NOT go down easily. Too much money involved and they all have more than the rest.

What happens to the ?non-revenue? producing a sports? How does our society continue to provide athletic scholarships for those sports, so they have the education opportunities. Sounds stupid saying that, but that?s the reality.

Honestly, non-revenue sports, that don?t provide ?their own way? to academic institutions, should not obtain scholarships. Like those of us less academically gifted. If hey want to continue to play sports, then pay your way u less you have the grades. Male or female.

These are academic institutions.

Now. I?m not in agreement with the above, but the rabbit hole is very deep.
    That will be the only way to truly take care of it. Pull scholarships for all sports and have it become truly amateur again. Allow all major league sports to draft straight out of high school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    What?s the solution? Everyone can bitch and moan. What are the steps to a collegiate league in major sports and what are the detriments?

The big schools will NOT go down easily. Too much money involved and they all have more than the rest.

What happens to the ?non-revenue? producing a sports? How does our society continue to provide athletic scholarships for those sports, so they have the education opportunities. Sounds stupid saying that, but that?s the reality.

Honestly, non-revenue sports, that don?t provide ?their own way? to academic institutions, should not obtain scholarships. Like those of us less academically gifted. If hey want to continue to play sports, then pay your way u less you have the grades. Male or female.

These are academic institutions.

Now. I?m not in agreement with the above, but the rabbit hole is very deep.
    What did Greg Byrne say when asked about improvements to the old Dudy Noble? he would say, got a stick of dynamite. B/c that is the only solution to the upcoming problems in college sports. Blow it up and start over with modern rules and structures.

vCash
    Just like our economy, there is a major correction coming and it ain't going to be pretty for a lot of schools. SEC will survive somehow but it will not be good for a lot of schools. I don't see how title 9 survives.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Just like our economy, there is a major correction coming and it ain't going to be pretty for a lot of schools. SEC will survive somehow but it will not be good for a lot of schools. I don't see how title 9 survives.
    Do you mean economy or housing market? I know they go hand in hand. I see a BIG correction in the housing market coming about 6-12 months out. The economy?I don?t know. Maybe the stock market but to me the economy and stock market are two separate beasts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Do you mean economy or housing market? I know they go hand in hand. I see a BIG correction in the housing market coming about 6-12 months out. The economy?I don?t know. Maybe the stock market but to me the economy and stock market are two separate beasts.
    Yep. The stock market is definitely artificially inflated right now and people are trying to say the economy is booming because of it. Negative ghost rider. High housing, fuel, and food prices hurt the poorest 2/5 of the population.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I see the economy as the real business of our country, the stock market is the emotional state of the economy. The stock market has been long overdue but the economy is not heading in a good direction at all - inflation and the fed arbitrarily keeping the interest rates low with inflation is not a good combination. Add in the gov checks, businesses can't hire workers, higher taxes on those working and overspending by gov and we are in big trouble.

Our gov just reflects the people in our culture. No one wants to be responsible and just charge it regardless if they can pay for it.

vCash
    I see the economy as the real business of our country, the stock market is the emotional state of the economy. The stock market has been long overdue but the economy is not heading in a good direction at all - inflation and the fed arbitrarily keeping the interest rates low with inflation is not a good combination. Add in the gov checks, businesses can't hire workers, higher taxes on those working and overspending by gov and we are in big trouble.

Our gov just reflects the people in our culture. No one wants to be responsible and just charge it regardless if they can pay for it.
    Golf clap......and I mean that in a good way...m

vCash

Ticking time bomb

Banned
    vCash

Good stuff except I'm not totally on board with "our govt reflects the people in our culture"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Good stuff except I'm not totally on board with "our govt reflects the people in our culture"
    I've spent quite a bit of time in DC. Unfortunately our country is being ran by a bunch of 19-25 yr olds.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I've spent quite a bit of time in DC. Unfortunately our country is being ran by a bunch of 19-25 yr olds.
    yep. and even the ones much older act as children taking advantage of low information voters.

vCash
    I only say that because the people electing the gov. I know there are a large % that do not approve of what has gone on. I work with a lot of ill informed people who vote these idiots in to run us off the tracks. Also know most people get in a personal spending deficeit just like the feds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    What I don't understand is why would the public elect unqualified people like this? AOC was a bartender and now in DC? Why, How?

Banned
    vCash
    What I don't understand is why would the public elect unqualified people like this? AOC was a bartender and now in DC? Why, How?
    The same reason people elect the dude from GA who said we must limit the amount of military equipment on a south pacific island in fear of it sinking.. (not kidding)

vCash
    The same reason people elect the dude from GA who said we must limit the amount of military equipment on a south pacific island in fear of it sinking.. (not kidding)
    Yeah the general public is just ignorant. Maxine Watters, Pelosi, AOC, Omar and the list goes on of people who have no business being in DC. Just for the those libs reading, there are some Rhino Republicans I want gone too that are corrupting DC as well.

Banned
    vCash
    Yeah the general public is just ignorant. Maxine Watters, Pelosi, AOC, Omar and the list goes on of people who have no business being in DC. Just for the those libs reading, there are some Rhino Republicans I want gone too that are corrupting DC as well.
    yep, I don't worship a party or politican, just choose between the lesser of the two evils.

vCash
    I think people need to think about how they can start enjoying the big ride off the cliff instead of scrubbing their shoe soles in futile attemp to halt this train.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I think people need to think about how they can start enjoying the big ride off the cliff instead of scrubbing their shoe soles in futile attemp to halt this train.
    It will not be enjoyable but you better be packing your parachutte to soften the landing.