Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lemonis and staff?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    So Vic was making too much money here and now he's being fairly comensated at A&M?
    No I think he's making too much money there too, but when you have as many 8 and 9 figure net worth boosters as they do you can afford to just throw money around like it's going out of style.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    No I think he's making too much money there too, but when you have as many 8 and 9 figure net worth boosters as they do you can afford to just throw money around like it's going out of style.
    I get that. I just think when an employer and employee come to terms, that makes it fair. I never got into Women's hoops before Vic. Vic did a hell of a job and I'm still gut punched over it. I remember getting excited back in the day of Delta State's Natty. Wasn't that Delta State?

vCash
    I get that. I just think when an employer and employee come to terms, that makes it fair. I never got into Women's hoops before Vic. Vic did a hell of a job and I'm still gut punched over it. I remember getting excited back in the day of Delta State's Natty. Wasn't that Delta State?
    I believe they won a baseball national championship with Kennison in 04 if I'm not mistaken.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I believe they won a baseball national championship with Kennison in 04 if I'm not mistaken.
    I know one of our smaller schools won a women's hoops natty. I remember my dad and I showing up to welcome them home.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Not what I heard. I heard 1.2 mil a year avg.
    Whatever it takes to keep the entire staff together, here, and winning national championships.
    Also, we need to start working on getting the NIL pipeline working for baseball and football. I want every player to be guaranteed 5k per month while on the roster and passing classes. If you can get more than that, good for you. If six 5* receivers join the team, then we need to work on getting them whatever they want.

We need some deep pockets that want an autograph for 100k to emerge.
    Could a player be paid 100k for their autograph? Does the school now have to pay the players to use their likeness in university promotional sports videos? Does ESPN?
    Downvotes_Hype

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Whatever it takes to keep the entire staff together, here, and winning national championships.
    Also, we need to start working on getting the NIL pipeline working for baseball and football. I want every player to be guaranteed 5k per month while on the roster and passing classes. If you can get more than that, good for you. If six 5* receivers join the team, then we need to work on getting them whatever they want.

Could a player be paid 100k for their autograph? Does the school now have to pay the players to use their likeness in university promotional sports videos? Does ESPN?
    This Post is Priceless. Will try to rep. Need to spread first.

vCash

That's a pipe dream.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    That's a pipe dream.
    I think that one whizzed by ya

vCash
    I think that one whizzed by ya
    Ha guess it did. My bad

vCash

Easy to spend somebody else's money, you think like a Democrat

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Easy to spend somebody else's money, you think like a Democrat
    Whoosh

vCash

So long as it's not my money or tax payer money.

Fast forward 5 years, maybe 1/3 of division-1 football is gone. Prolly better for society and academics.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 07-17-2021 at 10:08 PM.

vCash

The harsh reality is people are going to want our assistants and they will move on probably as head coaches at some point. That's good and bad.

We just have to make sure that we stay ahead of the curve. Cohen is a really good asset as far as hiring coaches. There haven't been very many bad hires as far as baseball assistants since he took our job. His tree is pretty impressive. And even maybe his worst hire in Cannizarro was a really good hitting coach in his own right when he wasn't distracted. Also, we'll pay assistants well which helps us out a lot. And helps some with retention. The only assistant that we've had that took a lateral move was Wes Johnson to Arkansas and that was home state. Mike Brown, Jake Wells, and Cheesebrough are very good volunteer assistants too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The harsh reality is people are going to want our assistants and they will move on probably as head coaches at some point. That's good and bad.

We just have to make sure that we stay ahead of the curve. Cohen is a really good asset as far as hiring coaches. There haven't been very many bad hires as far as baseball assistants since he took our job. His tree is pretty impressive. And even maybe his worst hire in Cannizarro was a really good hitting coach in his own right when he wasn't distracted. Also, we'll pay assistants well which helps us out a lot. And helps some with retention. The only assistant that we've had that took a lateral move was Wes Johnson to Arkansas and that was home state. Mike Brown, Jake Wells, and Cheesebrough are very good volunteer assistants too.
    Good points, Todd.

Speaking of Wes Johnson...wasn't he the one that left a slew of TJ surgeries in his wake out the door?

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Good points, Todd.

Speaking of Wes Johnson...wasn't he the one that left a slew of TJ surgeries in his wake out the door?
    With camps, and bulldog club stuff , what a good guess as to what our lead volunteer assistant(cheesebrough) makes each year?
    Romans 5:8

vCash

The Lady Statesmen won three consecutive AIAW titles from 1974 to 1977, led by coach Margaret Wade, who was dubbed the "mother of modern women's college basketball." They have won the NCAA Division II Women's Basketball Tournament three times, winning them in 1989, 1990, 1992

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphisbulldog View Post
    The Lady Statesmen won three consecutive AIAW titles from 1974 to 1977, led by coach Margaret Wade, who was dubbed the "mother of modern women's college basketball." They have won the NCAA Division II Women's Basketball Tournament three times, winning them in 1989, 1990, 1992
    The women's equivalent of the Heisman or Wooden is named the "Wade Trophy" after her...says a lot there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

If nobody else wanted them then we probably would not either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Guy at Tenn got a raise to 1.5. No need to make Lemon the highest in the country. Just give him a good bump and keep the incentives in there. No need to double his salary
    I think 1.2 IS doubling his salary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    I think 1.2 IS doubling his salary.
    1.2 would be doubling his original salary. He got a bump to 750. So 1.2 would not be doubling his latest contract.