Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lemonis and staff?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I'm kind of curious what bonuses they got this year.
    I'm sure they got something but I'm sure more importantly to them, they are about to get a new contract with better pay/better incentives

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He's not going to be the highest paid coach in the country. But all parties will be taken care of.
    Dangit brackey spill the beans

vCash
    For what he and his staff have done in their short time here, a million dollar raise between everybody is the minimum I'd do.

vCash
    He's not going to be the highest paid coach in the country. But all parties will be taken care of.
    That would be a bit surprising to me since he has earned it IMO. If the rumor is 1.2 I wouldn't be surprised if we go up to 1.6. I don't think Cohen or anyone associated with MSU would have a problem with that increase.

vCash
    I?d expect big raises for all involved. Not many assistants turn down hc opportunities no matter if it?s not a dream job. Hc opportunities don?t come along often.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    It would be hard for Cohen to **** this up. They have all the leverage. They have to get paid
    Yep

Banned
    vCash
    Whose bringing in more baseball revenue right now? What staff has done a better job? Why shouldn't Lemonis and his assistants not be the highest paid in the country? We owe these men. They've been coaching Grown Ass Man Style and gave us something folks my age have been waiting on for 50 years. Its called appreciation, recognition, loyalty and respect.

Signed,

Coach Lemonis' Agent
    Last edited by OLJWales; 07-16-2021 at 09:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Whose bringing in more baseball revenue right now? What staff has done a better job? Why shouldn't Lemonis and his assistants not be the highest paid in the country? We owe these men. They've been coaching Grown Ass Man Style and gave us something folks my age have been waiting on for 50 years. Its called appreciation, recognition, loyalty and respect.

Signed,

Coach Lemonis' Agent
    It's not a revenue producing sport. It's the same reason it was asinine to pay Vic Schaefer all the money we were paying him but at least with baseball we might be bringing in a slight revenue due to winning the national championship. By and large our baseball program is lucky to break even most years. We don't need to jump out there and pay Lemonis 1.6 or 1.7 just to make him the highest paid coach. He's already said he'd rather his assts. be taken care of. Pay him 1.1 or 1.2 and load it with incentives to get him 2 if he wins the natty. Now if he came to you and said he wanted 1.6 or 1.7 then you may have to give it to him, but if 1.1 or 1.2 will make him happy then save 400K and put it towards something else.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    It's not a revenue producing sport. It's the same reason it was asinine to pay Vic Schaefer all the money we were paying him but at least with baseball we might be bringing in a slight revenue due to winning the national championship. By and large our baseball program is lucky to break even most years. We don't need to jump out there and pay Lemonis 1.6 or 1.7 just to make him the highest paid coach. He's already said he'd rather his assts. be taken care of. Pay him 1.1 or 1.2 and load it with incentives to get him 2 if he wins the natty. Now if he came to you and said he wanted 1.6 or 1.7 then you may have to give it to him, but if 1.1 or 1.2 will make him happy then save 400K and put it towards something else.
    What Lemonis or anyone else says public may not be the same as what's said behind the scenes. I would like to see the balance sheets from the top 10 programs and remove renovation costs that are one time losses (capital gaines costs that payoff eventually). The money is there and I don't think it would be more than a small fraction of out budget. After 136 years, they FINALLY DID IT! Pay them all and let 'em know how much we appreciate it.

vCash
    What Lemonis or anyone else says public may not be the same as what's said behind the scenes. I would like to see the balance sheets from the top 10 programs and remove renovation costs that are one time losses (capital gaines costs that payoff eventually). The money is there and I don't think it would be more than a small fraction of out budget. After 136 years, they FINALLY DID IT! Pay them all and let 'em know how much we appreciate it.
    He's saying the same thing in private as he says in public. Lem is a great guy and the caring more about his staff being taken care of than himself is genuine. He loves Starkville and will be here for a very long time. He's not even worried about the contract. He knows we'll take care of him.

Banned
    vCash
    He's saying the same thing in private as he says in public. Lem is a great guy and the caring more about his staff being taken care of than himself is genuine. He loves Starkville and will be here for a very long time. He's not even worried about the contract. He knows we'll take care of him.
    If that is truly the case, I'm fine with that. And the value of having good assistants is often undervalued from an average fan's perspective. Having said THAT, make sure our assistants are the highest paid in the land and outbid any lateral move attempts.

vCash
    I mean it's not impossible to pay Lemonis 1.6 million and at the same time pay his assistants very well.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I mean it's not impossible to pay Lemonis 1.6 million and at the same time pay his assistants very well.
    Yep. I would like to be a fly on the wall while Lemonis turns down the money. LOL. . And I guess my personal vanity standpoint doesn't wanna see any other HC's making more than our guy.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 07-16-2021 at 12:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That would be a bit surprising to me since he has earned it IMO. If the rumor is 1.2 I wouldn't be surprised if we go up to 1.6. I don't think Cohen or anyone associated with MSU would have a problem with that increase.
    It's not going to be 1.6. Our staff is going to be well paid. Lem wants that. He's getting fairly compensated for. But the "rumor" number is much closer

Banned
    vCash
    It's not going to be 1.6. Our staff is going to be well paid. Lem wants that. He's getting fairly compensated for. But the "rumor" number is much closer
    Fairly Compensated? what's that supposed to mean?

vCash
    If that is truly the case, I'm fine with that. And the value of having good assistants is often undervalued from an average fan's perspective. Having said THAT, make sure our assistants are the highest paid in the land and outbid any lateral move attempts.
    Neither of our assts. are leaving for anything other than a P5 job in a good situation(think Arizona this year). They've both said that in on the record interviews.

vCash
    Meaning coaches have all sorts of incentives and sponsorship contracts and opportunities that the school uses to enhance their salary. Think Bear Bryant hosting his coaching show with bag of Golden Flakes and a Coke on his desk. When you hear Chris doing Country Pleasin' Sausage commercials you'll know he's being taken care of.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Put him in the Top 5 salaries in the country. He's a top 5 coach. We don't need to use TN as a measuring stick. They grossly overpaid Vitello and that contract is going to look like the John Wall Wizards contract in about 2 years. We can use what LSU was paying Manieri as a good measuring stick contract. He was making around 1.2 and that's a good number.

vCash
    1.2 is also double is original deal. And 450k more than he made this year. Plus incentives.

Banned
    vCash
    So Vic was making too much money here and now he's being fairly comensated at A&M?