Thread: Moved into enemy territory

vCash

Moved into enemy territory

Just moved from the Golden Triangle to the Oak Grove area near Hattiesburg. Retired now and enjoying my two granddaughters, one just a week old. So far I like it and I?m 50 miles closer to my 90 yr old dad?s farm.

vCash
    You won’t know you are in enemy territory if you can even call it that. You will notice the olemiss, LSU, and bama fans more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notsofarawaydawg View Post
    Just moved from the Golden Triangle to the Oak Grove area near Hattiesburg. Retired now and enjoying my two granddaughters, one just a week old. So far I like it and I?m 50 miles closer to my 90 yr old dad?s farm.
    Is Ole Miss that strong in the Oak Grove area? I would have thought it's be relatively evenly split between us, Ole Miss, and LSU, but that we'd have a slight edge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Is Ole Miss that strong in the Oak Grove area? I would have thought it's be relatively evenly split between us, Ole Miss, and LSU, but that we'd have a slight edge.
    I would say it is pretty even. With Hattiesburg being a big health care town, there are a lot of olemiss drs.

vCash
    Be sure to go get a burger at Ed?s in Hattiesburg, if you haven?t already. Worth your time and money.

vCash
    Make sure you head to Roses quickstop.

vCash
    Hey notsofarawaydawg, You are not in enemy territory, you are in Maroon Bulldog territory! I live in Oak Grove and there are many, many Bulldog alumni (including me) and fans in the Hattiesburg area. Just look around at the MSU tags, bumper stickers and yard flags. Some of the local UM fans pick them just because of the rebel flag, and many of the LSU and Alabama fans are just picking the winning horse. DM me if you want to discuss the good things.

vCash
    The Pine Belt has a big MSU following. Certainly some fans of other schools too, but plenty of Bulldogs in the Hattiesburg area.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No BS Dawg View Post
    Be sure to go get a burger at Ed?s in Hattiesburg, if you haven?t already. Worth your time and money.
    Tophers and cows and coups are better. Get a triple pimento cheeseburger at tophers. Sweet mercy
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Pinebelt is as much MSU as anything else. Probably more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notsofarawaydawg View Post
    That's not really enemy territory, try moving to Louisiana !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Tophers and cows and coups are better. Get a triple pimento cheeseburger at tophers. Sweet mercy
    Topher's is really good 25% of the time. It's sort of dirty (a Christy's like charm), the service is beyond terrible, it has an identity crisis and it is expensive. If you manage to land on one of the good days, though, it's great.

vCash
    Thanks for all the advice. I grew up near Quitman so USM was more of an enemy than Ole Miss back then. I've tried Tophers pickup only and it's OK. I'll have to look up Eds and try it. I've not seen any Ole Miss tags but have been flipped off a couple of times by people driving USM tags since winning that Natty. Yes, love me some BBQ so I'll head over to Roses and check them out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I've tried their chicken salad and fried mushrooms so far. Love pimento and cheese so I definitely will try it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Make sure you head to Roses quickstop.
    I could never pass that place without stopping ... even if I wasn't hungry - I would take something home for later
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Meh, there's as many Walmart Bama and LSU fans around here as anything else. I know more Dawgs than Rebs but I am more blue collar.