Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Football 2021 Season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yeah- I'm not knocking Will but it's far from settled he will be the QB in 2021. I expect both to play.
    Then you are highly misinformed or willfully ignorant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    That's the problem. If he only calls passes and then will checks to runs it becomes pretty obvious that what we are checking to. CML has to call some runs himself.
    Hes not. Yall can complain all you want, and I agree we should def not handcuff ourselves but he has won and won big doing just that. He aint changing
    Last edited by BuckyIsAB****; 07-15-2021 at 12:16 PM.

vCash
    We can complain all we want but Leach is not changing his system. Cohen hired him knowing what he would do and is taking a gamble on whether it will work in the SEC or not. It?s still too early to be confident enough one way or another. I think this year will be a good sample with having a full year to practice and develop/teach it to more players. This is his system and we either rise to the top or go down with the ship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Theres a way. Just like you said Leach would never coach here among your other great predictions. I like you man but you dont have to be a dick all the time
    I was shocked we hired Leach as well as shocked he wanted to coach here but I can see embracing the challenge the SEC poses. I give Cohen credit for going after a proven coach.

I love former players of mine and have heroes I admire. But your love for Will Rogers seems to have a family-type level of love. I'm not the only one that sees this
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Yeah- I'm not knocking Will but it's far from settled he will be the QB in 2021. I expect both to play.
    Will Rogers is a less athletic Wes Carroll

vCash
    I was shocked we hired Leach as well as shocked he wanted to coach here but I can see embracing the challenge the SEC poses. I give Cohen credit for going after a proven coach.

I love former players of mine and have heroes I admire. But your love for Will Rogers seems to have a family-type level of love. I'm not the only one that sees this
    So bc I support the kid who is clearly the best player at his position makes me his dad?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    Yes bc executing an offense ( and not being very good at it for the most part) that never wanted to throw the ball vs an offense that throws it every down. Clearly makes Wes a better QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Nope. Just bc C34 says it doesnt make it true
    Yep, just ask Hunter Renfroe who is now in his 5th year of playing full time in the majors.

vCash
    Ceiling 8 4. Floor. 4 8

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yep, just ask Hunter Renfroe who is now in his 5th year of playing full time in the majors.
    damn, that 34 stuff on Renfroe. Had forgotten about that.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    will this be Will's True Sophmore year? (sorry if I'm wrong on that). If so, I don't think it's fair to assume he will suck.

Banned
    vCash
    Did you watch our offense last year? I'd say his plan sucked ass
    almost destroyed my t.v. many times last year. I get it. But it's too early to get on the "we suck" train.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer View Post
    We have to get better at QB to win more than 7 games..
    'Better at QB'. .. than what? Last year? Just better? Better than the teams we play?
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    This big question with Will is arm strength. If he does not have really "good" arm strength, then that limits the offense and our opportunities to win. IF, and I am saying IF, that is that case, then starting him is playing not to lose, instead of playing to win.

Nevertheless, I believe he will be the QB for the first several games. We will see after.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    will this be Will's True Sophmore year? (sorry if I'm wrong on that). If so, I don't think it's fair to assume he will suck.
    I think he will still be classified as a Freshman athletically because of the gimme year last year. So...a 2nd year True Freshman?

Either way, I'm looking at last year as a glorified scrimmage/training year. It's just a cherry on top that we got to go to a bowl game AND won the game AND beat the shit out of the other team after the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    almost destroyed my t.v. many times last year. I get it. But it's too early to get on the "we suck" train.
    Agree here but if we do the same thing, we will suck. There must be some adjustments - period or we ain't getting any better results. Better execution would have gotten us 2-3 more wins last year but you can't count on near perfect execution when you throw ball 70 times a game.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Lord McBuckethead;1350186]
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    I know its early, but, lets get the conversation started.

9/4 La Tech. W
    9/11 NC State. W but closer than you think
    9/18 Memphis W
    9/25 LSU W, not close
    10/2 Texas A&M W
    10/16 Bama. L
    10/23 Vandy. W, we own them
    10/30 Kentucky W, at home. BIG
    11/6 Pigs W
    11/13 Auburn W
    11/20 Tennessee State W
    11/25 igits up north W

That is how I see it.
    12 - 0 easily. Why ... cause the shit I'm smoking is better than the shit you're smoking. If you really want the good shit, hit up Tusk. Tell him Dawgday sent you and you might get a discount ***

Realistically tho ... 6-6 maybe 7-5. Still have true Sophs at QB, both RBs, and our best WR. They'll do some good things at times but will be inconsistent. And our true Sophs ain't Bama true Sophs but for some reason folks on this board seem to have the same expectations of our true Sophs vs Bama true Sophs.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree here but if we do the same thing, we will suck. There must be some adjustments - period or we ain't getting any better results. Better execution would have gotten us 2-3 more wins last year but you can't count on near perfect execution when you throw ball 70 times a game.
    We played a lot better the second half of the year. Our turnover machine is no longer here (which cost us 2 to possibly 3 games last year) and Will has had a full year in the weight room, reps with receivers, etc....The offensive line has to run block well enough for us to pound teams who are giving us a run box for this offense to work. Once we get them out of that looks we are going to be good offensively.

vCash
    Here's the thing, the pure Air Raid sucks. The End.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Here's the thing, the pure Air Raid sucks. The End.
    Hahahahahahahahaha