Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are they still planning on doing something with the South End zone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is an unacceptable narrative. I love baseball, but it's best if we're a football school & attempt to be that.
    Has nothing to do with football but we are recognized around the country as a "baseball school", it just is Gun. There is nothing wrong with this statement. Best thing for Msu football is we are in the Sec which is known for for football and baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Has nothing to do with football but we are recognized around the country as a "baseball school", it just is Gun. There is nothing wrong with this statement. Best thing for Msu football is we are in the Sec which is known for for football and baseball.
    But that's the thing, we all love baseball, but it's not watched around the country. For a national brand, you've got to play football well
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Current recognition is what it is for now due to the recent natty. The football fanbase is so much bigger though and that's where the money is. Watch us go on a solid football run however and your opinion will change overnight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    We got more exposure during DAK's 5 week run than the natty. The natty is super special though because ite recent and our first. The M Club's beauty or not doesn't matter; the ugliness of an open endzone is what matters.
    I think that is more of an opinion than a fact

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    6 million viewers for Auburn/MSU in 2014 https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/201...ll-viewership/

6.6 million viewers for MSU/LSU in 2020 https://www.si.com/college/mississip...v-rating-92920

College World Series viewers average 755K per game & likely mostly the same people each game. https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/202...lb-uefa-euros/

conclusion, I love college baseball, but, if we want to build our brand & school, we've simply got to compete in football .
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Jumping in here late, but I got WAYYYY more comments, in my current town in GA, for being #1 in football, than I have since we won a Natty in baseball. Like 10-1. Sorry, football and even basketball mean more to most of the country. Truth

vCash
    6 million viewers for Auburn/MSU in 2014 https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/201...ll-viewership/

6.6 million viewers for MSU/LSU in 2020 https://www.si.com/college/mississip...v-rating-92920

College World Series viewers average 755K per game & likely mostly the same people each game. https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/202...lb-uefa-euros/

conclusion, I love college baseball, but, if we want to build our brand & school, we've simply got to compete in football .
    No I was talking about the end zone being ugly bc its not bowled in. It looks fine to me.

Football absolutely pays the bills we agree there

vCash
    Guys again, I am not arguing baseball is more important than football. I am arguing the stadium is fine and yall are over reacting. We need a football only top notch IPF to match the rest of our facilities

Banned
    vCash
    Guys again, I am not arguing baseball is more important than football. I am arguing the stadium is fine and yall are over reacting. We need a football only top notch IPF to match the rest of our facilities
    Except the stadium is NOT fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    We can absolutely pull off something like this adding functionality and aesthetics without adding unnecessary seating.

I like what you did with the Junction. That is just a lot of wasted green space. Tailgating is passe?.

vCash
    100% agree

vCash
    Except the stadium is NOT fine.
    That is an opinion not a fact

Banned
    vCash
    That is an opinion not a fact
    I guess it boils down to whether or not you care if we're competitive or not in the West. Dude goes on crootin visits and we are the only open end zone. That sucks.
    E

vCash
    To back up Shotgun (yes, football is more important), more people watched us in the freakin' armed forces bowl than the college world series championship game 3. And it wasn't close.

Baseball is fun, but nationally it means little compared to football or basketball.

"Wednesday’s deciding Game 3 of the College World Series final (Mississippi State-Vanderbilt) averaged a tournament-high 1.67 million viewers on ESPN2, down a relatively modest 16% from the 2019 Game 3 on ESPN (Vanderbilt-Michigan: 2.00M). Game 2, the only game of the final to air on ESPN, averaged 1.41 million (-28%)."

12/31, Noon Armed Forces: MSST-TULSA ESPN 1.4 +17% 2.25M (viewers)

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/202...lb-uefa-euros/
    https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/col...ll-tv-ratings/

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    To back up Shotgun (yes, football is more important), more people watched us in the freakin' armed forces bowl than the college world series championship game 3. And it wasn't close.

Baseball is fun, but nationally it means little compared to football or basketball.

"Wednesday’s deciding Game 3 of the College World Series final (Mississippi State-Vanderbilt) averaged a tournament-high 1.67 million viewers on ESPN2, down a relatively modest 16% from the 2019 Game 3 on ESPN (Vanderbilt-Michigan: 2.00M). Game 2, the only game of the final to air on ESPN, averaged 1.41 million (-28%)."

12/31, Noon Armed Forces: MSST-TULSA ESPN 1.4 +17% 2.25M (viewers)

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/202...lb-uefa-euros/
    https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/col...ll-tv-ratings/
    never would have thought more watched our bowl game vs natty game.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic601 View Post
    COVID is behind us....
    Wait a minute... I thought it was here for good
    No Signature

vCash
    never would have thought more watched our bowl game vs natty game.
    The NBA finals being moved back and thus the CWS being moved to ESPN2 had a lot to do with that.

vCash
    I guess it boils down to whether or not you care if we're competitive or not in the West. Dude goes on crootin visits and we are the only open end zone. That sucks.
    E
    I dont think kids give a shit about open end zones or not. Matter of fact I know they dont

vCash
    The NBA finals being moved back and thus the CWS being moved to ESPN2 had a lot to do with that.
    Some, but not much....

Game 3 of the 2019 College World Series (On ESPN, no NBA competition) drew 2,020,596 viewers. Still less than our Armed Forces Bowl appearance.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...ship-for-espn/

vCash
    If you take your maroon glasses off and look at college baseball its a minor sport. No fanbase loves it as much as we do and very, very few even come close. It's no surprise at all than the bowl game had more TVs tuned in than the baseball final.