Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are they still planning on doing something with the South End zone?

vCash
    We don't need much more seating capacity (if any, maybe 2k). I would install chair backs for all stadium seating except for the student section and the visitor section. That would lower the capacity. Then I would mirror the north end zone.

Though I do like the hotel-in-the-endzone idea, and it was seriously discussed for a bit. But it's not going to happen. Too bad, that would be revolutionary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    After last year which I didn't attend a football game, I want be buying season football tickets. My priority has changed, I have too many other hobbies now days like hunting and doing more traveling.
    This is exactly where I am at as well. I've been hunting in the mountains for atleast 3 of our games the last three years and it's gotten easier to do each time.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    We're just not naturally a football school. I wish we had more support, but we don't. I don't know how that bodes for the future, but being in the SEC West is absolutely brutal. It's almost impossible to get ahead in our circumstance.
    17 this. Loser mentality.

vCash
    What a loser thread this turned out to be. Good heavens, we're an SEC school, freaking act like it.

- The M-Club looks awful. It's faded and an eye sore. It's also the most seen building on campus due to TV. It's brutal and needs he demoed and bowled in immediately. It's terrible and an indictment on all of you that you accept it.

- We are a football school. We were number 1 in 2014, have numerous great NFL players, and have been to bowl games for 11 or so years in a row. Baseball don't pay the bills or build a school brand like football. We darn better be a football school.

- Does COVID somehow spread quicker at DWS than DNF? Because I saw 20K at DNF for a 17ing parade. A 1.7.I.N.G parade.....quit the COVID excuse. You lost that privilege this baseball season

- Our football stadium's south end zone is the quite possibly the cheapest looking thing that makes it on Tv in the SEC. It devalues our University and quite frankly, if you don't agree with that, you need to raise your standards in life.

This woo is me BS has to stop! I agree CFB needs to cut scholarships to increase parity which will increase attendance, but we've got a winning program here that needs the support of its fan base. It's important to the school and state to do so.

Get your shit together MSU fans. This thread and it's tone are straight trash.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 07-13-2021 at 01:59 AM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I would build a new Hump before I bowled in the south endzone.

I would build a new Dorman as well.

The M club looks like we a community college.

So I say do all three. Why not? It only gets more expensive every year. We are talking maybe 170 million to do it right. That is like 3 years of SEC money.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    What a loser thread this turned out to be. Good heavens, we're an SEC school, freaking act like it.

- The M-Club looks awful. It's faded and an eye sore. It's also the most seen building on campus due to TV. It's brutal and needs he demoed and bowled in immediately. It's terrible and an indictment on all of you that you accept it.

- We are a football school. We were number 1 in 2014, have numerous great NFL players, and have been to bowl games for 11 or so years in a row. Baseball don't pay the bills or build a school brand like football. We darn better be a football school.

- Does COVID somehow spread quicker at DWS than DNF? Because I saw 20K at DNF for a 17ing parade. A 1.7.I.N.G parade.....quit the COVID excuse. You lost that privilege this baseball season

- Our football stadium's south end zone is the quite possibly the cheapest looking thing that makes it on Tv in the SEC. It devalues our University and quite frankly, if you don't agree with that, you need to raise your standards in life.

This woo is me BS has to stop! I agree CFB needs to cut scholarships to increase parity which will increase attendance, but we've got a winning program here that needs the support of its fan base. It's important to the school and state to do so.

This X 10. Repped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic601 View Post
    My personal opinion, I think your casual MSU sports fan who will casually attend sporting events has crossed over to baseball for the foreseeable future. Until football gets back rolling again, I don?t expect to see a packed house like we did during the end of the Dak era.

Once football gets rolling again, COVID is behind us, and all of those obstacles are ironed out? maybe but until that time I see the casual fan that provided a few thousand (10ish) seats at the football games will put their support behind baseball and will be at The Dude for a while. Once again, just my opinion.
    And just where are these thousands of fans going to sit?

vCash

It ain't happening anytime soon. The MClub looks better than thousands of empty seats would. As I said the next thing planned for the stadium is to bring the east side underneath the stands (the REAL eyesore in our stadium) up to the standard of the rest of the stadium. That is more important to those who actually go to the games than what it looks like on TV. For the record I usually get to a game or three but I watch the rest on TV. Y'all ain't dealing in reality. One more thing, I doubt you are going to see anything new facilities wise that isn't already in an advanced planning stage for a few years. The NIL thing is a major change and who knows how it's going to shake out.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 07-13-2021 at 09:13 AM.

vCash
    We can absolutely pull off something like this adding functionality and aesthetics without adding unnecessary seating.

Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 07-13-2021 at 09:55 AM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash

You are totally overreacting. It is not an eyesore and I dont know anyone who cares about it as much as you do. I love the passion but it is not nearly that big of a deal. Idk if you have ever been inside of it but it is nice on the inside. Looks fine to me on the outside. State football needs an IPF 10x more than we need this.

If you have been inside the Palmerio you would agree. Maybe you have but it is a joke compared to OMs. The rest of our facilities shit on it and OMs. DWS will be back to being one of the best gameday environments in the country in 2021.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    It is not an eyesore and I dont know anyone who cares about it as much as you do.
    You & everyone else need to raise their standards.

I agree with the rest of your post, but the M Club is an unacceptable front porch of the school
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash

I agree with the rest of your post, but the M Club is an unacceptable front porch of the school
    Its not the front porch of the school. Its just not that big of a deal. The stadium is fine. We have bigger needs than this. We just do.

vCash

While I agree we need to improve the stadium, the Dude is our front porch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Exactly, we have always been a baseball school and we always will be a baseball school.

Banned
    vCash
    We got more exposure during DAK's 5 week run than the natty. The natty is super special though because ite recent and our first. The M Club's beauty or not doesn't matter; the ugliness of an open endzone is what matters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    1. Before a "bowl in". Demo the entire west side and start over. Build something first class, more suites, luxury seating with chairbacks and all the latest amenities for the fan.

2. The attendance problem is.....
    TV product is huge competition and much cheaper alternative.
    Tickets to expensive for the product. The university is making a killing from tv. No need to still charge the common man $75-125 a ticket per game.
    Poor customer service (metal detectors and concessions)
    #2 above for sure. Ticket prices are overblown everywhere at every school.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Banned
    vCash
    Good points about ticket prices when considering the other sources of revenue. It's like athletic departments being publicly traded on the NYSE with shareholders pounding their fists screaming "17 the average fan!!, let them eat cake!"

vCash
    No. The many many many more people see DWS than DNF. Many more. It's not close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Exactly, we have always been a baseball school and we always will be a baseball school.
    This is an unacceptable narrative. I love baseball, but it's best if we're a football school & attempt to be that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    We got more exposure during DAK's 5 week run than the natty. The natty is super special though because ite recent and our first. The M Club's beauty or not doesn't matter; the ugliness of an open endzone is what matters.
    Correct. It's not close