Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are they still planning on doing something with the South End zone?

vCash

Are they still planning on doing something with the South End zone?

Has anyone heard?

Banned
    vCash
    Need to bowl it in. Yesterday..

vCash
    I think those plans have been put on hold for a while. I don't really think they're certain with what they want to do and they're against adding more capacity since we can't sell out the current stadium. For awhile I had heard the plan was to bowl it and then chairback the entire lower bowl to keep capacity about the same, but I believe there was some type of structural problem with doing that.

vCash
    Your going to see a lot of empty seats this fall and I honestly don’t see a return to full capacity any time soon.

Banned
    vCash
    We are going to have a great season propelling the bowling in.

vCash
    IFFY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    Your going to see a lot of empty seats this fall and I honestly don’t see a return to full capacity any time soon.
    I tend to agree with this and I don't think it has anything to do with on the field performance. Reduced capacity last year forced the casual fan who might go to 3-4 ballgames a year to watch the game from home and they realized they didn't mind it and saved a few thousand dollars in the process. I don't know that you'll ever get that type of fan back unless you start winning at an incredible clip or you have a massive game, think A&M and Auburn in 14 or Bama in 17.

vCash
    My personal opinion, I think your casual MSU sports fan who will casually attend sporting events has crossed over to baseball for the foreseeable future. Until football gets back rolling again, I don’t expect to see a packed house like we did during the end of the Dak era.

Once football gets rolling again, COVID is behind us, and all of those obstacles are ironed out… maybe but until that time I see the casual fan that provided a few thousand (10ish) seats at the football games will put their support behind baseball and will be at The Dude for a while. Once again, just my opinion.

Banned
    vCash
    Give our football fans a stadium they can be proud of. Open end zones don't belong in the SEC. Its an embarrassing eyesore. Cowbells, Acoustics, louder and shit.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 07-12-2021 at 01:04 PM.

vCash
    We're just not naturally a football school. I wish we had more support, but we don't. I don't know how that bodes for the future, but being in the SEC West is absolutely brutal. It's almost impossible to get ahead in our circumstance.

vCash
    Bowl it in with a convention center/hotel/retail Restaurant Bar. Put chairbacks on lower level sidelines, reduce capacity and increase prices?casual fan days are over?that being said, I bought season tickets last year but not buying this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Give our football fans a stadium they can be proud of. Open end zones don't belong in the SEC. Its an embarrassing eyesore. Cowbells, Acoustics, louder and shit.
    I disagree. We have a stadium to be proud of; it may not be the biggest but we have a nice stadium and it has a lot of character. I don't mind the open endzone. Just a big bowl is nothing special, everybody got a cheezy bowl - see OM but the stadium sucks. UT is a suck stadium too. Our stadium is nice. Now would I be opposed to something one day, no. I don't think we will be able to justify it for a while though for all the reasons others have listed.

vCash
    After last year which I didn't attend a football game, I want be buying season football tickets. My priority has changed, I have too many other hobbies now days like hunting and doing more traveling.

vCash
    I bought season tickets and I will be there myself.

vCash
    I haven't heard of anything for the near future and really don't expect it. I do hope the immediate plan is for Will Rogers to toss a bunch of completions into it.

vCash
    1. Before a "bowl in". Demo the entire west side and start over. Build something first class, more suites, luxury seating with chairbacks and all the latest amenities for the fan.

2. The attendance problem is.....
    TV product is huge competition and much cheaper alternative.
    Tickets to expensive for the product. The university is making a killing from tv. No need to still charge the common man $75-125 a ticket per game.
    Poor customer service (metal detectors and concessions)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    1. Before a "bowl in". Demo the entire west side and start over. Build something first class, more suites, luxury seating with chairbacks and all the latest amenities for the fan.

2. The attendance problem is.....
    TV product is huge competition and much cheaper alternative.
    Tickets to expensive for the product. The university is making a killing from tv. No need to still charge the common man $75-125 a ticket per game.
    Poor customer service (metal detectors and concessions)
    I think every game being on TV hurts us more than most because our fans have to travel further to get to campus on average than probably any fanbase in the SEC. Starkville is just too far from a large population base. Also, I think NIL is going to hurt us going forward because we don't have enough boosters that are 'all in'. Certainly not as many as OM or most of the rest of the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I think every game being on TV hurts us more than most because our fans have to travel further to get to campus on average than probably any fanbase in the SEC. Starkville is just too far from a large population base. Also, I think NIL is going to hurt us going forward because we don't have enough boosters that are 'all in'. Certainly not as many as OM or most of the rest of the SEC.
    You would be surprised. Also those 11:00 games are killers!

vCash
    The stadium is fine and no part of it is an eyesore. I would be down for a expanding iit but it is not a priority. It will be rocking this fall I am pumped for that atmosphere to come back. We had really made it one of the best in the country till Moorheads last season.

The biggest need State has is a new IPF. It is a must. It is literally the only piece we are missing. The Palmerio should become baseball only. Football deserves its own top notch deal. OM has one and it is the only thing they have that is better than ours.

vCash
    The next thing that will be done is to bring the east side under the stands up to the standard of the rest of the stadium. That is probably all we need to do for the near term future.