Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Are they still planning on doing something with the South End zone?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    We really need to cut the top off the west side and make it match the East. The top tier is terrible and press box is last due for an upgrade.

However if we are air castling, I want to tear the whole thing down and build and English soccer type stadium. Such as Emirates but top capacity at 65K.

Something should be done with the south end zone. I feel like it was a mistake to do the scoreboard club on the north. We should have left that part off and put that money to the south end zone. Auburns stadium was like that before they expanded.
    I don't think we need to tear down what we just built. Based on what Ive read and pics Ive seen, we've got good engineering and architect folk. We can handle this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I think that is more of an opinion than a fact
    No.. it's really not.

I love baseball as much as anyone here.

But football should always be #1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Our stadium is currently better than that of Vandy, Ole Miss, and Mizzou. If we just simply bowled-in the SEZ our position in the SEC stadiums probably stays the same spot. I'd rather wait and do something innovative but see if fan support warrants such an investment first. I see a lot of people making excuses not to go to games, and that's not good.
    I agree. The thinking that bigger is better is not right either. We are as good as UK, AR, UT, USC. Bowl in DWS and we are better than Auburn and maybe a few more IMHO. Concrete and steel and more empty seats don't make a stadium great. Great fans and some uniqueness is what makes one stand out. Next time we do anything, it needs to break some barriers and add something no one else has.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Our stadium is currently better than that of Vandy, Ole Miss, and Mizzou. If we just simply bowled-in the SEZ our position in the SEC stadiums probably stays the same spot. I'd rather wait and do something innovative but see if fan support warrants such an investment first. I see a lot of people making excuses not to go to games, and that's not good.
    It may stay in the same spot but there won't be a noticeable difference between ours and the ones that are only a tier above ours. Having an open endzone makes us look noticeably worse than the ones above us. That is an unnecessary eye sore for the most important sports venue on campus.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    It may stay in the same spot but there won't be a noticeable difference between ours and the ones that are only a tier above ours. Having an open endzone makes us look noticeably worse than the ones above us. That is an unnecessary eye sore for the most important sports venue on campus.
    Yep. Allocating the money anywhere other than getting rid of the eye sore is dumb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    What part of "looks like total shit" do you not understand?
    For some reason I thought I read that you wanted to rearrange a portion of the NEZ, or something like that. South endzone needs help, I agree. But it needs something unique to DWS, yet practical for fans.

Banned
    vCash
    For some reason I thought I read that you wanted to rearrange a portion of the NEZ, or something like that. South endzone needs help, I agree. But it needs something unique to DWS, yet practical for fans.
    Yep. We certainly aint gonna have the same folks that closed that end zone at Ole miss bid. Does that job they did on that rank the worst? Agree on uniqueness. Im confident we will have the best minds money can buy to do an excellent job based on what happened with the Dude and Davis Wade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    No.. it's really not.

I love baseball as much as anyone here.

But football should always be #1.
    Again go back and read, I am not arguing that

vCash
    Just an honest question, why do yall care so much about an open end zone? Looks fine to me and I can promise you kids dont give a shit about it. Like ive said, an IPF would benefit the football program so much more than this

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Just an honest question, why do yall care so much about an open end zone? Looks fine to me and I can promise you kids dont give a shit about it. Like ive said, an IPF would benefit the football program so much more than this
    If we lived in the Pac 12 I would not care. We live in the SEC and outside Vandy (who doesn’t care at all about football) no one else has an open EZ. That should tell us something. It looks like we are not as big time as we should look for the neighborhood we live in. The players may not give a shit. I would be surprised if in the back of some of the big time guys minds they don’t look at our stadium as “small time” compared to a lot of the big names they visit though. We have a 9 figure budget. Both an IPF and the South EZ need to happen, along with updates to the press box.

vCash
    This is the correct answer. Recruits dont care about the open end zone, but the lack of a football IPF does make them notice
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This is the correct answer. Recruits dont care about the open end zone, but the lack of a football IPF does make them notice
    We don't have an IPF? Or is it out dated? (Palmiero Center) right? If so, we need both. Let's hope we have a much better than expected year and that can happen. Having a good brand nationally is important and that open end zone is just plain out weak looking. It's like showing up in jeans when everybody else is in a suit and tie.

vCash
    We don't have an IPF? Or is it out dated? (Palmiero Center) right? If so, we need both. Let's hope we have a much better than expected year and that can happen. Having a good brand nationally is important and that open end zone is just plain out weak looking. It's like showing up in jeans when everybody else is in a suit and tie.
    The IPF is shared with baseball. We need a football-only facility

vCash
    A dedicated IPF would be the first priority to me. We ain't going to sell out what we have now. We can't justify anything at DWS until we start winning again.

JWS winning started the upper deck expansion, Mullen winning made the north endzone happen. CML needs to start winning to start any real discussion but in a shrinking demand, still a tougher discussion.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    A dedicated IPF would be the first priority to me. We ain't going to sell out what we have now. We can't justify anything at DWS until we start winning again.

JWS winning started the upper deck expansion, Mullen winning made the north endzone happen. CML needs to start winning to start any real discussion but in a shrinking demand, still a tougher discussion.
    I refuse to believe demand and passion for college football has lessened based on the Covid Season. The success or lack thereof this year will validate whose right come season's end one way or the other. Either way, the SENDZ is and looks embarrassing.

vCash
    I refuse to believe demand and passion for college football has lessened based on the Covid Season. The success or lack thereof this year will validate whose right come season's end one way or the other. Either way, the SENDZ is and looks embarrassing.
    We wont sell out a game this season

Banned
    vCash
    If covid fears continue to escelate along with shitty play, that will be the case. If we get the pandemic under control combined with upsets, I'll bet your ass you are wrong. Bowl it in and unleash the true power of Cowbell.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 07-18-2021 at 08:07 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    If we start the season 3-0 the LSU game will 100% be a sellout. The Arkansas game last year would have sold out if we had full capacity available.

vCash
    Yes we will - you think all those Bama fans in Columbus will pass up a chance to see their Tide play?
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I think we should have IPF and then come up with innovative ideas for the SEEZ. I imagine the SEEZ is going to be super expensive if we do it right as we will likely have to do chairbacks through the lower bowl to keep capacity around the same.
    I liked the hotel idea especially since it will give students jobs and resume builders. You can't find a hotel in Starkville on game weekends and when you do they are super expensive. It would work if they did it right. MSU keeps Starkville alive. If we're going to keep improving we can't be scared to bring jobs in especially when it's a need. If they are scared of them filling, just keep the extra rooms shut down then have extra staff to come on during game weekend when the rooms are needed. It's not that hard. Hotels do it all the time. Add in the fact since the hotel isn't Starkville, you can set your own city tax fee (heard people complain about B&B prices because of the mayor's tax policy)